Italian Outdoor Adventures - From Pure Indicas to Pure Sativas

Happy to share my xperience and happy it worked for ya! Keep it up!

Some fresh pics for you. Plants are fine, they will be fimmed in a day or two and then transplanted week later!
Weather got better again after two rainy days.

Here they are together
insieme.jpg

Trainwreck
trainwreck35.jpg

Strawberry Blue
strawberry8.jpg

Pakistan Chitral Kush
pakistan21.jpg
pakistan4.jpg

Orient Express
orient2.jpg
orient1.jpg

Hawaiian Skunk Haze
hsh2.jpg

hshtwo.jpg

Malawi Gold
malawi3.jpg

Cush (Green C.)
green24.jpg
green15.jpg

Good weed to ya all and happy growing :blunt:

:bravo:

Man, first some nice ensalada a good risotto w local fungi some figs a local bottle and some la confidential exploring my skull as the summer ends in Italy. Hmmmm. Yeah, yeah my mind would be about blown I think. Little crispy pieces drifting out my happy happy ears.Yep, * shaking my head* another journal I'm subbed to... My cat misses me man.." Watcha doing? You're still reading that Italian grow journal? I got nine lives but they ain't lasting forever bookworm.." it is going to be cool watching this come to fruition. Might have to get some gnocchi in stead of popcorn;)

Yeah HighYogi, you're reading my mind :) Good indica goes well with long dinner and a bottle of good Nebbiolo or Pinot Nero. Actually Shantibaba once said that indica is like heavy red, while sativa is like champagne, and I find it to be true :) If I just had more secure spots I'd grow more sativas :D Well, we're gonna try to do sth about it next year. As far as LA Confidential is concerned, I'm curious and it's my 2nd try with this strain (1st was indoor, it never happened). Is it just stronger version of pure Afghani or sth completely different? We'll see about that. I didn't get you a close-up, but it's the small one in the middle. Not very vigorous, but won't be probably very tall, even outdoor. She got her spot reserved already, very sunny I have to say, so I expect to get as much as I can yield-wise from her, especially with short flowering time!

Welcome to my journal and happy growing!

Plants are really starting to grow, we're around 3rd-4th node now, and I started fimming the fastest ones last night, did it with 5 of them. In the meantime I got some new toys delivered from local growshop :bong:

airpots2.jpg

:Namaste:

Subbed, glad I found this journal. U really have a nice understanding of things. Algae, bannana, eggshells. All natural and inexpensive, w/o paying for all the marketing that goes into "organic cannabis nutes"

I can learn something here, thanks for sharing. I grow indoors, but if I could I would grow outdoors under the most powerful lamp available, the sun. I may experiment with ultra fast flowering strains that finish before nightly frosts are guaranteed.

Any strain suggestions?

A big problem with outdoor growing where I live (high in Rockies) is it could frost pretty much any month in the year. I think I could have July and August but any other month of the year frost is a very real concern.

So I grow inside, but I'd love to try a couple outdoors if it could maybe be done.

Thanks for sharing the journal.

I live (high in Rockies)

When I read that phrase I thought of Hunter S. Thompson, that means Colorado mountains, right? :)

But to answer your comment, I am a DIY kind of guy, who's always looking for some practical knowledge as far as growing weed is concerned. I also grow vegetables, herbs and stuff every year, so I gained some general gardening know-how that way. In my opinion a good outdoor grower should be running regular garden as well, just to see that there are some universal rules that can be applied to growing almost everything.

Yeah, I like being inexpensive. I only spend money if I think I can really benefit from these products. When I found out for example that comfrey has an average NPK ratio of 1.8-0.5-5.3, I dropped an idea to buy kelp, which has only NPK ratio of 1.0-0.5-2.5. This ratio goes up if you use comfrey concentrate and can reach 5-8-20! Or you're looking for silica containing product... but you find out that horsetail and bamboo leaves are actually rich in it. Both grow here everywhere. Amazing, ha?

Then there's no point for me to buy expensive organic soil mixes as I have ton of high grade organic compost everywhere around here, and I've seen zucchini growing in it all season, and doubling the size of those ones planted in soil poorer in humus. Also, the plants you see here where started in recycled mix with some minor additions, and you can see how they look for yourself. You live, you learn :) Marketing in the end is only what it is... marketing :roorrip:

As far as your outdoor is concenred, I'd try green house + force flowering. You're in a legal zone, so you shouldn't have any problems with that kind of a setup unless you live in a condo!

Thx for checking in and enjoy :welcome:

Welcome aboard Lester!
Good to see another experienced grower!

Wish I had an understanding like yours with the organics. It is something I am very interested in. I could see brewing up home made teas.

I do compost and add that into my other garden. My San Marzano tomatoes are off to a great start. They got the bulk of the compost this year among other organic flavors. Same we used in the greenhouse grow this year. Good stuff.

Compost is good for everything indeed, but for the tomatoes you need to be more on potassium side, if you want a piece of advice. Wood ash mixed in soil or comfrey extract will work. Potassium will promote tomatoes to put more flowers, hence more tomatoes. But compost tea will do work too in vegetative stage. If you can grab some stinging nettle and brew it all together, you're gonna have a very powerful tool :)

Subbed!

My fave grower of all time and could likely be the best grower of all time is Italian! His name is Galeno and he is the guardian of the mountains in India. Maintaining land race high altitude Indica's :) or he was till he got put in prison :( could have been strain hunters that caused that..... A very clever and knowledgeable super wise old man..... Loved the plants and loved the people.

Your plants look very lovely and uniform , I can not wait to see you put the gear you got to work and see how big they get <3

Welcome to my grow WildRoseBud :high-five:

Just to give you a general spin around my plan, I have two guerilla spots and a windowsill, which I use for forced flowering, when I'm running out of weed... and now I am indeed :laughtwo: One of these spots has excellent sun exposure: The Sunny Spot, and the other one not so much: The Shady Spot, but still didn't find a third one secure enough to risk losing 5-10 plants. Early finishing strains (late September, early October) will be planted in The Sunny Spot, while sativas (Hawaiian Skunk Hazes, Strawberry Blue and Malawi Gold) will be planted in The Shady Spot. Logic dictates this plan. Green C. and one HSH will be forced to flower on my windowsill in 5L (around 1,6 gal) air-pots, so I can get weed in July and show you some flowering under sun before it happens normally :lot-o-toke:

Today I fimmed two more plants. I'm waiting another week and then I go full ahead.
Enjoy your stay! :Namaste:

Feel free to add photos of your stuff on my outdoor thread , it might get both our journals more hits and more likes and more reps eh :)
I love your plans and look forward to seein the FIM girls in outdoor action!

I actually enjoy the nice laid back pace of C's journal. It's one of a few rare gems I've had the pleasure of being subbed to from the start with not too much hoopla. So far, extra descriptive & willing to take time to walk a new grower like myself through a difficult period. With you Rosebud, along with Lester joining in & the rest of us handful of subscribers here this is quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite journals.

Thx BAR, I really appreciate it
Have a toke :passitleft:

I simply try to follow nature's pace and as the farmers' saying from my area says: The pace of the Earth is slow. But why is it like that? Well, when growing outdoor you're looking at 4-6 months of vegetative stage and 2-3 months of budding. If you add it up, it takes almost a year to get weed traditional way... but it teaches you patience and kicking back in the process :surf: Through a 420 journal I can transmit this feeling, which is waiting, waiting and waiting :smokin:

By the way guys, thx a lot for waiting with me :grinjoint:

If you look at indoor guys on the other hand, who filip after 4-6 weeks, and there we go, they start going for the finish line, it gives you certain stability: oh yeah, we can really make it easy. But then this never-ending looking forward to autumn gets lost in the process, and with it the lesson of patience :)

As far as plants are concerned, I just fimmed Trainwreck. Pretty weird structure this plant has I have to say, it's totally different from all the other ones. For those following HSH's fate, it already starts branching out above the first node. Very quick and probablby nice to SCROG or LST for better yield.

:Namaste:

Yeah, it is slow, even in the north I have to say :) But in the south, well... must be the sun all year round :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom