Italian Outdoor Adventures - From Pure Indicas to Pure Sativas

Ok, so as I promised I'm showing you how and where I've transplanted two seedlings today.

This is how they looked before. HSH on the left and Pakistan Chitral Kush on the right (you can see straight away which one is an indica)
insieme1.jpg

Single shot of PCHK
pchk.jpg

Single shot of HSH
hsh_5.jpg

This is after the transplant (laurel leaves, stinging nettle and horsetail was spread around)
hsh_6.jpg
pchk_2.jpg
insieme_2.jpg

And this is how the The Swampy Spot looks from the front... a real jungle I told you :)
norital_jungle.jpg

Plants were watered with my own liquid fertilizer (bamboo leaves + compost + stinging nettle) and sprayed with rosemary extract. I'm gonna come back next week to check how they're doing. The rest of the plants will be moved next week probabably.

Have a nice weed :rollit:

Laurel leaves repel some insects like ants and spiders. Stinging nettle and horsetail decompose very quickly and inject nitrogen into the soil. There's no risk of flood there, cause the stream is very small. I'm more worried about the insects as I saw some white flies straight away when I got there.

Cool!
I grow around nettles that grow wild here for camo if I can. Also a hemp nettle we got out here , they look like buds before fall and people ignore them like crazy...

Bugs are gonna get on yer plants no matter but as they toughen up it should be ok :)

Stinging nettle is one of the best nitrogen accumulators you can find almost everywhere. If you mix it with water it decomposes in 4-5 days in my climate. And when it does the nitrogen is available for your plants straight away. It has NPK of 4-1-1, but this may be easily raised if you make a mentioned liquid fertilizer. Other nutrients it contains are: calcium, molibdenum, iron and magnesium.

What great info on natural occurring organics.

Spent a day this past weekend with a 100% organic gardener. Very impressive. Although he doesn't brew up his ranch for supplies I can see how the plants react with this kind of feeding. Not just talking buds here. His garden was amazing.

More to learn.

I guess it makes a difference in the end. I was always finding organic buds most satisfying, and I'm not taking only about the taste, cause we know that outdoor many factors influence it. It's something in the high itself that makes it different, this magic touch of sun, rain and healthy soil :yummy:

It's been couple of days, sunny mostly, with high 70s during a day. Plants started finally responding to FIM with Trainwreck being an exception. She just focused on growing a node below FIM line and takes it easy. She's the first one to lose cotyledon too, but doesn't even branch out a litlle bit.

What does it mean? I don't really know by this point as she will definitely stretch a lot in the next few months. Internodal distance is quite long on her and leaves have very particular, rounded shape, neither extremely sativa nor skunky type 60/40 sativa to indica ratio. Looks completely different from all the other plants I'd say. As far as bugs are concerned, they tried leaf here and there, but spraying definitely helped as damage is meaningless. I do have another problem, but please look at the photos, you'll see it there :)

Ok, here we go with a group shot:

insieme_14.jpg
insieme_12.jpg
insieme_11.jpg

And this is Trainwreck:

trw_4.jpg
trw_3.jpg
trw_2.jpg

So this is the problem, the plant on the left is supposed to be Malawi Gold, but can hardly be sativa at all, cause these leaves are classic kush-thick. To see it better I snapped some pics next to two sativas of which one is definitely Haze, and the other one... well, I've been pondering this thing for a while. Do you think I mixed pots or beans???

confidential_malawi.jpg
confidential_hsh_2.jpg
confidential_hsh.jpg

Single shots of this indica looking Malawi Gold, which resembles perfectly young seedling of L.A. Confidential:

confidential_12.jpg
confidential.jpg

And here is Green C aka. Cush with typical skunky leaves and structure (will be flowered very soon):

green_crack7.jpg
green_crack_24.jpg

Strawberry Blue:

strawberry_111.jpg

Cotton Candy:

cotton_candy2.jpg

Orient Express:

orient_11.jpg

And these ones are young sativas. I really don't know anymore which one is which one, but doesn't first one look like a pure sativa

malawi_11.jpg
hsh_11.jpg

But this is HSH for sure and it's branching out already:

hsh_12.jpg

And this my local landscape :hookah:

finestra.jpg

I'm proceeding with the transplant very soon, and it will be done on Monday and Tuesday. Will post back, when I'm done!
Happy growing folks :morenutes:

They all look nice & healthy C. So far I'm 3 out of 4 using your tips on germination. The 4th one should be breaking soil any day now. Thanxx again.

T-Minus 1 day until Show Time. Check my Signature for Details.

Good, BAR!
And about this open rambling, are we gonna talk mothers there? ;)

Do you mean Mother's Day or Mother plants? If you have a question about Mother plants you'd like discussed PM me and we'll get a discussion going about it.

Just jokin', I'll check what the topic is for today.

Well, never heard any complaints ;)
I do not really have a problem with temps here and growing season is quite long, but finding secure and sunny spot is a bitch. If I want to grow sativas for making crosses, I'm gonna have to scout further from my home. I've done another transplant by the way just before a short hailstorm. Tomorrow I'm putting 4 plants more and I'm almost done. Will post pics probably tomorrow afternoon.

I've been transplanting 3 more plants this morning and checked on the first 2 afterwards. Sadly speaking, HSH is down to 2 nodes due to hailstorm which broke the top, but grew some roots and stem in a week, so still can make it. Unfortunately Pakistan Chitral Kush is down to 1 node, almost all plant's been eaten by the insects. Well, that proves my theory that with my type of grow and this climate sativas and sativa dominant strains grow better and have a better chance of survival. Indicas give away pungent smell which brings a lot of insects and they eat everything they can, while delicate smell of sativa leaves easily blends in with the rest of the wild growth. Indica also grows slower and its taproot doesn't grow that deep, which means it has worse chance to survive in that kind of an environment. The plants I transplanted yesterday look fine on the other hand, and the ones from today I'll visit tomorrow, cause I forgot battery for my camera this morning.

Have a nice day guys and happy growing!

Ok, I got you some pics from recent transplant and other plants that are still growing on my windowsill.

These are plants which were transported to The Sunny Spot yesterday. It's the sunniest one and I have a lot of hopes tied up to it:

Trainwreck
trw_12.jpg
trw_11.jpg

Orient Express
orient_111.jpg
orient_12.jpg

L.A. Confidential (most likely)
confidential_11.jpg
confidential_121.jpg

Entrance to The Sunny Spot
sunny_spot_2.jpg
sunny_spot_1.jpg

And this if what's left from Pakistan Chitral Kush. I repotted it and transported it here from the previous spot (more sun, less humidity). I hope it's gonna regrow after a week or two.

pchk_12.jpg
pchk_11.jpg

And these are plants on The Shady Spot. There is less sun here, but it's quite secure. Freebies were planted here.

Some long shots
shady_spot_2.jpg
shady_spot_1.jpg
shady_spot_5.jpg

Closeup on Strawberry Blue and HSHs (last ones)
strawberry_112.jpg
hsh_shady.jpg
hsh2_shady.jpg
hsh_111.jpg
hsh_121.jpg

Entrance to The Shady Spot
shady_spot_4.jpg
shady_spot_3.jpg

And a beer snail trap I've just set it there, cause snails are a big problem where there's a lot of humidity
snail_trap.jpg

And my windowsill plants. Malawi Gold and Cotton Candy in small pots, Green C. and Cotton Candy in air-pots, where they will be flowered very soon.

insieme_111.jpg
malawi_111.jpg
cotton_13.jpg
airpots_11.jpg
green_111.jpg
cotton_11.jpg
cotton_12.jpg

Hopefully I finally figured which one is which one :)
Have a nice weed everyone and happy growing :Namaste:

What are those brass looking braces for?

Thx Lester, you were quicker :lot-o-toke:

Trying to sprout more seeds. My last attempt wasted 100 dollars of seeds. They all cracked open then they were planted. only 2 of 15 popped up. This time I will take your advice and let the root grow 5-10mm? before putting into soil. They are sprouting in a paper towel on a plate.

So here are the last 2 sprouts. A bit confused by one of them, These are regular non feminized seeds so the plan is to force them to show their sex at 4 weeks. they are about 10 days now.

IMG_20140513_183024_0011.jpg
IMG_20140513_183104_3671.jpg

This one has sprouts coming out of the water leaves and the top set of leaves looks to be a tri.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/IMG_20140513_183045_0841.jpg
IMG_20140513_183038_4761.jpg

Back
Top Bottom