Italian Outdoor Adventures - From Pure Indicas to Pure Sativas

The Highland Skunk I smoke has White Grizzly genetics in it. It is a nepalese strain crossed with local hero. You mentioned your nepal strain is sativa right? Now that is TOTALLY different and unique for those regions! Is it from a low elevation and hot area?

Oh forgot to mention , the advice you gave me to use nettle leaves around my holes works great. I was waiting in hospital for my operation n there was a couple selling veggies in the lobby. The lady mentioned that their soil needed to be replenished so I mentioned what you taught me about the nettle. They thought that was a excellent idea

Oh forgot to mention , the advice you gave me to use nettle leaves around my holes works great. I was waiting in hospital for my operation n there was a couple selling veggies in the lobby. The lady mentioned that their soil needed to be replenished so I mentioned what you taught me about the nettle. They thought that was a excellent idea

Great it worked for ya and for someone else :thumb: As far as my Nanda Devi I dunno precisely, but I suspect it's from Highland, so high humidity for sure. But I cannot speak for temps in Nepal.

This is very interesting, brightlight! I come very often at the threads where old timers say that actually Mexican budz brought to the States, if grown and cured right, were more memorable than some Colombian budz, and they were slightly different. What you hear is they were often more psychedelic and gave you this particular visual distortions, which you can rarely come upon in modern smoke. I guess Original Haze was also something of this kind of bud with Mexican and Thai traits blended together. Has anyone grown or smoked DJ Short's Flo? Oaxacan genetics is supposed to be well-preserved there.

The Haze brothers were SC Mtn. guys from Corralitos, in hills above Aptos. Anyone who had Thai seeds in those days were planting them. Who would have thought then that Haze bros. would so heavily influence pot genetics worldwide?

Only tried dispensary versions of Flo in earlier days of MMJ. Recall enjoying it but we all know dispensary stuff varies a lot. Oaxaca is large state so wonder how many different strains of Oaxucan there are?

I want some Nanda Devi right now! Great description! Have you heard of Malana Valley in India? 10,000 ft. elevation sativa. Looked it up when I grew Barney's Farm Violator Kush, which is half malana sativa.

I heard of Malana actually and I wanted it initially for this season, but then went with Nepalese. Nanda Devi seeds were freebies actually, they were black and small, and only one germinated, but occurs she's a gal :) She started flowering very soon for a landrace sativa as it's first half of August, and usually you won't see these flowering before September. On The Move has a very similar pheno growing in Switzerland, and she started flowering by the end of July if I recall right. But if I planted mine few weeks earlier, I guess timing would be similar, cause she'd reach sexual maturity faster. If she finishes before 1st week of November without catching mold, and high is this classic clear-headed spiritual experience, I might plant more next year. Still waiting for Malawi Gold to start flowering, but this is more of an equatorial genetics, so we're gonna have to wait some more to see flowers.

Wow, they grow so tall now! like it. :circle-of-love:

Heavy rain all the time. I can't see the end really! I went to spray milk solution on LA Con and snapped some pics. Well, I had to pull her up, cause she lightly leaned over and did it by forming the mound at the base of the plant. She'll be fine I think, although I could spray milk only on the bottom branches, cause couldn't reach the top. Let's hope it's enough for now. My phone takes better pics anyway, so I think I'll stick to it.

Malawi Gold is becoming a really beautiful plant kinda growing in a weird pattern. Particularly I'm satisified in how she deals with high humidity
mal23.jpg

mal13.jpg

mal33.jpg

LA Con, these pics are much better
lacon5.jpg
lacon4.jpg
lacon3.jpg
lacon2.jpg
lacon11.jpg

Small Aurora Ultra Kush, going strong (the other pheno was tossed)
kush27.jpg

My new arrivals, just smoked a bowl of Grape Ape listening to them, but I had to spend two days for removing tiny scratches first!!!
grateful.jpg

More Nanda Devi, definitely flowering!
nanda11.jpg
nanda21.jpg

Strawberry Blue with her f£$%=d up pattern, but flowering yeah
strwb1.jpg

Aurora Ultra with one leaf rotting from the rain
ultra11.jpg
ultra2.jpg

Have a green day :tokin:

hey C havnt checked up in a little bit everything is looking amazing im still really loving the LA. this is a little late on the topic but you were talking about the spanish breeders. I just started a plant simply called auto purple from spanish seeds. have you ever heard good or bad things about them? also just started a super silver haze auto i got from mj seeds .nl but they dont tell you which breeders they are from bc they claim they cant since they sell the strains cheaper than the reccomended retail price so i have no clue what its going to look like and cant find any info on their phenos. just thpught id throw it out there bc you seem so informed on phenos and breeders. happy growing!

hey C havnt checked up in a little bit everything is looking amazing im still really loving the LA. this is a little late on the topic but you were talking about the spanish breeders. I just started a plant simply called auto purple from spanish seeds. have you ever heard good or bad things about them? also just started a super silver haze auto i got from mj seeds .nl but they dont tell you which breeders they are from bc they claim they cant since they sell the strains cheaper than the reccomended retail price so i have no clue what its going to look like and cant find any info on their phenos. just thpught id throw it out there bc you seem so informed on phenos and breeders. happy growing!

i find spainish seed banks good in general, ive got many seeds from shops in spain, and they wernt in a packet and i dont know what bank they came from, there are even many private breeders in spain, intrervert men living up the mountains for years, makeing strains then selling a 1000 at a time to the shops for cheap, thus we can get 100 autos for 200 euros :) There is a huuuuuge cannabis culture in spain, plus they are fucked financially at the moment, so weed is a sure income for them reguarly..

actually the criticals are from a private breeder, but i did get "loose" maxigom, and they are from an italien seed bank :)

I do not really grow autos and I don't know this particular bank, but as OnTheMove said it should be fine. The only Spanish bank that gets shit all the time is World Of Seeds, but they deal in bulk, so it's a different story :)

Hmm, guys I just visited the plants, cause there was heavy rain again. Anyway, everything's ok, but I staked LA Con a lil' bit just to be on safe side. More to protect her from falling down under buds' weight in couple of weeks really. All plants are stretching now and cause I don't want them to finish as 15-18 feeters and overgrow all the trees around I was thinking bout supercropping main bud site. Would it be too late or just in time, any thoughts?

hmm i wouldnt do any super crop, here all the plants have started to flower so yours will too soon i would have thought!

you could bend them over like lst?

No, that's ok when you want to bend a 3 foot plant, but totally different when you want to bend almost 10 foot plant. I'd have to hook it up to a tree or something or get some strong poles. I think I'm gonna leave it. We'll see how they all go.

hey C I noticed alot of you plants grow in a Y shape so its like there are 2 main stocks? How is this done? I feel its almost like having 2 plants in one and would give a larger yield?

hey C I noticed alot of you plants grow in a Y shape so its like there are 2 main stocks? How is this done? I feel its almost like having 2 plants in one and would give a larger yield?

Check out TOPPING PLANTS :)

Back
Top Bottom