Italian Outdoor Adventures - From Pure Indicas to Pure Sativas

yeh they for sure have started in the jungle, for the next 2.5 days the moon influences all flower growth :)

They did indeed I know that for a fact :) Tomorrow I'm gonna snap some pics.

Hmm, it looks a different kind from regular type I saw. is that a new breed? :Namaste:

Before I visit jungle plants I'm dropping this update from my windowsill, where two plants have been forced to flower for a week or so. Aurora Ultra finally confirmed to be a gal with one tiny preflower, which means my intuition about the smell was right. For those who do not remember the genetics, AU is OG Kush/MK Ultra x Aurora Indica, and arrives from SoCal :)

aurora13.jpg
aurora24.jpg
aurora32.jpg

And this is Super Lemon Haze as a skunk pheno, different from very popular Cat Piss pheno, which is almost pure sativa

slh141.jpg
slh222.jpg
slh315.jpg

They are both in phase 2 of LST, which means that secondary growth has already started to spurt (these tiny shoots in the middle). They are both healthy and expect to flower in 6-10 days, scheduled to finish around last week of September, 1st week of October.

Have a green day folks :hookah:

So here come pics from The Sunny Spot. Got a phone with a decent camera from my girlfriend, so quality is ok :hookah:
Sun is coming back by the way and you can see it on the photos :grinjoint:

Trainwreck has nice lemoney smell and is very healthy
trw7.jpg

trw6.jpg

trw44.jpg
trw33.jpg
trw14.jpg

Orient Express has very interesting nutmeg smell and has hit approximately 6 feet
oe9.jpg

oe8.jpg

oe7.jpg

oe6.jpg

oe53.jpg

oe34.jpg

oe14.jpg

LA Confidential is at around 10 feet now, I found one branch broken by the rain today, but no more signs of PM, so all's good here
la310.jpg
la215.jpg
la118.jpg

Pakistan Chitral Kush doesn't grow much anymore, but she's the first one that started flowering
chitral21.jpg

All above are in early flowering except LA Confidential. I really don't know when she's gonna start. It might take another week or two, so it means she's gonna be ready by the end of September or even beginning of October. Temps have dropped down in the last couple of days and I hoped it's gonna push them towards flowering, but apparently that's not the case. But now the temps are going up again, so she will flower when she feels like apparently. I think that long vegging contributed to that. Well, that's the game with unknown genetics outdoor, you never know how photoperiod-sensitive the plant's gonna be. I lollipopped lower branches on all the plants today to provide more ventillation below and get rid of unnecessary undergrowth.

Stay tuned for pics of Cotton Candy and Nanda Devi!

Thx Lester :thanks:

No, I got another one man :)

siiiiiiiick!

wow the LA, i knew it can grow big , and there is the proof!

great update, i was scolling down subbed list to just look for yours in specific to see it you had done an update :) :)

about the LA, i found here in swissa that all the sativas started to flower ages ago and since 3 days the others that i believe are 50in/50sat started to flower. the most indica ones are the two plants on my journal that are sharing the same pot, and they are showing that they will start soon :) hope you get the sunshine mate, it was nice here today :)

I definitely do, man! If the weather keeps up we're gonna look into nice end of August!

About the thing. This breakdown of late blooming sativa and early flowering indica is very often not true. There are sativas - like your Nepalese for instance - which start flowering in July and are capable of finishing before indicas do it or at the same time more or less. It used to be easier, but because a lot of modern hybrids are bred indoor, their natural photoperiodism gets screwed, and if you start growing them outdoor you're gonna have to wait and wait for the first flower. My Pakistan Chitral Kush has already started to flower and it's a landrace basically, and although LA Con is a pure indica, there's a real difference in genetics here :rollit:

Ok, finally did it, so more pics!

Nanda Devi
nanda31.jpg
nanda22.jpg
nanda12.jpg
[

More La Confidential
la71.jpg

la62.jpg

la46.jpg

la311.jpg
la216.jpg
la119.jpg

More Pakistan Chitral Kush
chitral22.jpg
chitral11.jpg

And Cotton Candy - she's really big, between 10-12 feet
cc411.jpg
cc319.jpg
cc125.jpg

Update from The Shady Spot might be coming tomorrow, we'll see :hookah:

yeh im not so clued up for flowering times lol.. when its ready its ready lol! it makes sence though about when strains have been crossed that they will not be so in there "natural flowering time" and that a sativa land race will more likey finish before a man bredd indica :) my mate said that all his last year we sativas and they finished well before the others indicas :)

woop woop i hope its a nice end for us for august , that would be perfect for the autos :) well the criticals, the maxigoms are well behind in flowering lol

Thank you so much for journaling! It's wonderful to watch this variety of strains grow naturally in the woods. So cool. :slide:

:thumb:

No problem, Gray. They do all the job, I just come and take pics :tokin:

I hope it's not gonna for you :) Here I think the danger is gone for now, it seems that we'll be getting a whiff of hot African air very soon, which may change this screwed up weather finally!

looking amazing C. That cotton candy is outstanding and the nanda devi leafs look bigger than a giants hand lol. I got a question. what exactly is a landrace? Still fairly new to growing and learning what I can but I hear about landraces alot so would love to know exactly what they are!

Let's look forward to the end of Aug C & come on guys, let's start reading the text accompanying the pics...

Your Lady's phone takes good pics C.

Back
Top Bottom