Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

Sure looks like a thripe to me. A lot of stuff works on getting rid of them. They are easier to kill than mites. Looks like you must really like that Green Fluffy Bunnies. You been working with that strain awhile now. Keepem Green

Hey Jandre, just got finished with your Phase 1 grow, and really liked what you did. Hope that Phase 2 with these better lights will give you the density that you didn't get with the other grow. Got a question, you had an infestation in phase 1 too, could it be from those clones you got ahold of that caused the problems?

I'm subbed,

Raziel819
Stay Frosty My Friends

Jandre2k3’s Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

Testing:

11/16/2014

Did some Supercropping to even the canopy. Will drop the lights to 8" above the canopy and start distance testing. Will also be switching to GLR (12-1)in a week or so, to get them ready for flower in a month or two.

Team iGro
DSCN117311.JPG

DSCN11704.JPG

Adventurer Biscuits
DSCN117110.JPG

Green Fluffy Bunnies
DSCN11726.JPG

Sure looks like a thripe to me. A lot of stuff works on getting rid of them. They are easier to kill than mites. Looks like you must really like that Green Fluffy Bunnies. You been working with that strain awhile now. Keepem Green
HEY! Yeah, Thrips suck, but not as bad as mites. The Green Fluffy Bunnies is for migraines, and I have them with a vengeance. So it's my go-to when I need pain relief. I ran out before I started this run, so I've been really hurting for it lately, but, I will not rush into flower.

Hey Jandre, just got finished with your Phase 1 grow, and really liked what you did. Hope that Phase 2 with these better lights will give you the density that you didn't get with the other grow. Got a question, you had an infestation in phase 1 too, could it be from those clones you got ahold of that caused the problems?

I'm subbed,

Raziel819
Stay Frosty My Friends

Hello Raziel819, Thanks for joining! These suped up lights are really doing well- a lot better than the GenI for sure. The infestation in the last grow was in the HPS side, and not the LED side. The HPS got mites, and root-eating nematodes, and that whole box has since been sitting fallow letting everything dry out in the substrate. Then we'll wash it with bleach to kill anything left, and sterilize the clay rocks, and start all over. He brought them inside from some outside tomatoes that got them. Two different types, common, and two-spot mites, back-to-back... All this after battling nematodes. That grow didn't go so well. We know where they came from and will take measures to prevent that in the future. The LED went flawlessly.

Got another special going about the very lights I'm using!
Hello Everyone!

I am doing another special!

IGRO II-90TRU $195.00(without controller) FREE SHIPPING WITHIN USA!

Limited quantities available at this price (first come first serve)

Get ready for the winter season, and take your growing inside! Perfect for the stealth grower panels are nearly silent! Low profile sleek designs. Great for a 2'x2' little grow or daisy chain a few together for more intensity and versatility.

Message us through facebook, or directly send us an email Intelligentgro@gmail.com and we will create you a custom discount code for your growing needs.

Intelligentgro@gmail.com
1-800-319-0455
If I miss your call leave a message and I will get right back with you.

Happy Growing

It's a shame you get ahold of the Crippled Rino I've been growing. Myself I've seen that most herb don't do squat for headaches but amplify them. But I've got a friend with bad headaches and she claims it helps. That's part of the reason I've kept the strain for awhile. Who knows one day... Just talked to Alaska#1, he's a busy camper getting his grow together. Guess he's got orders for some of the higher CBD strains. Keepem Green my friend...

Jandre2k3's Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

Testing:

11/22/2014

Had a recurrence of thrips, started spraying every two days. Will keep on it for a week or so. It's causing some leaf loss due to the constant spraying, but I'm sure that once we get closer to flower it will only mean less defoliation later.

Team iGro
DSCN11778.JPG
DSCN117410.JPG

Adventurer Biscuits
DSCN11759.JPG

Green Fluffy Bunnies
DSCN11769.JPG

sorry to hear about the thrips returning Jandre
I do notice some of their damage left from the last 2 pics
not too unfamiliar with me actually some of mine looked worse glad you caught it early

Have you tried Spinosad for thrips? It works excellent!

I use a product called Captain Jacks Deadbug which is OMRI organic, and can be used up until harvest. Its a bacteria that kills over like 60 different pests and completely rid my thrips issue a few grows ago.. very good stuff :)

sorry to hear about the thrips returning Jandre
I do notice some of their damage left from the last 2 pics
not too unfamiliar with me actually some of mine looked worse glad you caught it early
Yeah, I caught it after about a week or so, by the looks of the damage, and the persistence of the infestation. Sorry you had damage though, this is the part of gardening that we try not to let happen, but eventually happens to everyone.

Have you tried Spinosad for thrips? It works excellent!
I use a product called Captain Jacks Deadbug which is OMRI organic, and can be used up until harvest. Its a bacteria that kills over like 60 different pests and completely rid my thrips issue a few grows ago.. very good stuff :)
If the Green Clean doesn't work I'll check those two out. I've had extremely good luck with it so far. I really think this is a re-infestation, rather than a continued infestation, because I saw absolutely nothing, then they were everywhere again.

Because of the Thrips small size it is very difficult to detect them until the damage is spotted often when the Thrips have grown to a critical size capable of producing winged adults and infect other areas of the same building. Any persons you have contact with or at your grow building who keep any plants, people at local grow stores, any display plants at grow stores and any outside sources should all be scrutinized as possible sources of an insect infestation. Once insects are found I begin spraying every plant in the building every 3 days for 21 days with a natural organic pesticide.

I have been using Monterey Insect Spray with Spinosad to kill the Thrips with spraying every 3 days for a 21 day period. I have not seen any live thrips since I before the first application of the Monterey Insect Spray with Spinosad. I add 5 drops per gallon of Ivory Liquid soap as a surfactant to help the spray stick to the leaves better.

Monterey Insect Spray with Spinosad, Gallon - Perfect Gardens

"Surfactants are compounds that lower the surface tension (or interfacial tension) between two liquids or between a liquid and a solid. Surfactants may act as detergents, wetting agents, emulsifiers, foaming agents, and dispersants."

https://en.wikipedia.org Surfactant

I agree with folks, spinosad is awesome. If you decide to use it look at the cost. For instance with Captain Jacks a prepared 32 oz bottle is 10 bucks but if you buy the concentrate for 20 bucks you can make LOTs of 32 oz bottles...

Jandre2k3’s Intelligent-Gro Testing: Phase 2

Testing:

11/22/2014

Found that the MINIMUM distance for the 90w lights is actually 6" before bleaching/burning occurs. However, because of the small beam, (with larger plants 2x2), if the fixture is too close to the top of the plant, the lower bits don't get any good light. 8" seems to be the best distance for coverage and PAR higher than the measured 704 umol at 12" in the center.

Team iGro

Adventurer Biscuits

Green Fluffy Bunnies

you've got a couple monsters! do those lights use 3 watt diodes?
Good Question!! The answer is "No." Yet.... "Yes." Read on to see why.

Intelligent-Gro II Intensity Series 90w LED Grow Lights.

• Coverage area is 2' x 2'.
  • Minimum Hanging Height Distance of 12"-14" from canopy during flowering.
  • This Size panel is DESIGNED TO REPLACE 150W HID/HPS Fixture.
  • Intelligent Gro Custom Programmable Controller not included with LED Grow light. Remember to order your custom Controller in shopping cart.

Illuminate your garden with Cutting Edge LED chip Technologies:

• High quality BIN LED's to ensure your light output is of the best intensity, color and coverage for your plants.
  • Intelligent Gro features all new 63W High power center COB matrix chips, which deliver a high intensity, PAR spectrum lighting to your plants canopy with high penetration.
  • Each center COB matrix LED features high quality optical lenses which are engineered at a (105°beam angle) which help spread the light into concentrated photon energy, boosting your plants performance.
  • Specially designed Lens Plate surrounds our 3W LEDs (78° beam angle) to focus the energy directly on your plants so they receive the maximum light intensity boosting plant performance and yield and allowing for even light footprints within your growing area.
  • Full spectrum lighting Including UV and IR.

Intelligent Design

• Efficient Aluminum Alloy Printed Circuit boards offer superior heat dissipation when compared to fiberglass circuit boards.
  • State of the art frame and housing constructed with aluminum alloy and high strength plastic ensure a lightweight and durable lighting solution with superior heat dissipation. (most LED lights use a steel casing which adds un-needed weight and poor heat dissipation, plus may rust quickly)
  • Low profile frame and casing measuring just 2.75". Intelligent Gro LED lights are engineered for maximum vertical growing space and to run as cool as possible. Our cases are designed with the purpose being performance.
  • Each lightweight aluminum frame is designed to act as a heatsink, pulling heat away from your precious electronics and keeping your LED grow light operating for years to come.
  • Every light module includes a large aluminum heatsink to offer superior cooling and helps pull trapped heat away from your LED Chips for longer lasting performance.
  • Daisy Chain Feature allows for up to 10 units to be connected in-line per controller, and up to 1200 Watts actual power draw reducing the amount of power cords and outlets needed in your grow area. Our Intelligent Daisy Chain feature also offers data transfer of custom program modes to each light from 1 custom controller.

Intelligent Gro offers complete lighting solutions for all indoor applications

• Commercial Greenhouses
  • Medical Marijuanna Dispensaries
  • Indoor home gardens
  • Vertical farms
  • Nurseries
  • Research facilities.

Daisy Chain Feature

• One controller can support 10 lamps or up to 1200 watts.
  • Minimize the amount of cords needed and clean up your grow area.
  • Reduce the amount of wall outlets/power strips needed to power multiple lights.
  • Synchronous control

Intelligent controller (Not Included with LED grow lights, separate purchase required.)

• Allow for quick and effortless programming of your custom lighting schedules and intensities by adding the Custom controller and IR remote.
  • Each LED color channel can be independently adjusted for every hour of the day of a 24 hour cycle. Save energy by reducing intensities for young plants, change the growth traits of a plant by increasing the blue or red to minimize or increase internode lengths, create a color shift similar to the sun. Imagine the possibilities!
  • Pre programmed light modes to replicate Sunrise/Sunset, Moon Lighting, Cloudy Days, as well as custom programming modes for full 24 hour automation.
  • Controller sold separately.

3 Independently programmable LED color channels: (Custom Controller Required)

• 3 independent and customizable LED channels allow you the flexibility to create the right blend of spectrum and intensity for all phases of growth and all plant types.
  • Each LED color channel can be independently adjusted for every hour of the day of a 24 hour cycle. Save energy by reducing intensities for young plants, change the growth traits of a plant by increasing the blue or red to minimize or increase internode lengths, create a color shift similar to the sun. Imagine the possibilities!
  • Save additional energy over other leading brands. Why settle for a LED grow light that offers only 2 settings (on/off)? Dimmable LED grow light intensities allow you to conserve energy over your growth cycle by minimizing light when it is not needed. This allows for additional energy savings over other fixed LED grow light solutions.

Back
Top Bottom