Jolly Rancher Sativa - A Rookie Adventure Indoors

Just a little frost report! Got the GG photos first...
420-magazine-mobile1525881684.jpg
420-magazine-mobile403170070.jpg

Now for the JRS!!!
420-magazine-mobile769416590.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1018253505.jpg

Have a great evening everyone!

Cheers!

425Jesse - Grow 2 - A Journey With Super Silver Haze From Seed In Soil

Jolly Rancher Sativa - A Rookie Adventure Indoors

Looks amazing keep up the good work!! Happy growing check out my thread it's called afghan kush and flowering mothers just click my name and my posts should be there you will definitely enjoy, great job!! GG isn't a easy strain to start with and you did great!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looking Awesome. Just Started My Own Journal. Got 2 Glue Glue no.4 & 2 Alien OG Clones. And 1 PakMan Seedling.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Good morning, jesse. I hate the 'nanners. It is a part of the game. What I would do? I would check the plant twice a day. Once at lights on and just before lights out. Pick any nanners off before they crack open. If it continues or starts producing many more, I would chop. In my experience the nanners usually pop out in a small timeframe window. If none pop out after plucking these you are good to the end.

Be very aware of the fans and wind direction around the plant. You don't want wind blowing across this plant and toward any other plants in case you do have one pop open.

If I only had a few plants and depending on all of them to make a nice stash I would try to salvage what I can from the plant. If on the other hand I had a dozen plants going with it that could be hit with pollen, I would chop it immediately.

Your call. A few seeds in a bud or two is not the end of the world. You could sample a bud from it to see if the bud is mature enough to your liking before chopping the whole thing.

Otherwise, it is a great looking frosty girl that is gonna get you stoned. :tokin:

That's some great advice from Ghettogro.. :thumb: Any time I've had mid flower nanners I tried to pick them all off and found very few seeds and they didn't wreck havoc on my grow, maybe 10 seeds in all. Hermies on the other hand tore my tent up and left hundreds of seeds on everything. After experiencing that, nanners ain't sh!t...

My advice: try to figure out why the nanners appeared. Genetics? Stress? Light leaks?

Here are the trich pics from this morning on the one with the nanners. I plucked all 5 last night, and there were 3 more this am. None of the other 7 plants in the same tent have the same problem. What are your thoughts on the trich report?
420-magazine-mobile1310349691.jpg

If she keeps popping nanners, would you chop her? I removed a branch that had the most influenced nug (it had 3) cut it open, and nothing but bud inside...drying those bits to see how the quality of smoke is. Cheers all!!

Here are the trich pics from this morning on the one with the nanners. I plucked all 5 last night, and there were 3 more this am. None of the other 7 plants in the same tent have the same problem. What are your thoughts on the trich report?

If she keeps popping nanners, would you chop her? I removed a branch that had the most influenced nug (it had 3) cut it open, and nothing but bud inside...drying those bits to see how the quality of smoke is. Cheers all!!

I had a plant that did the same. I just plucked off all nanners like GhettoGro said. The plant turned out to be the best tasting and yielding of the bunch. She only did it for a week putting out maybe 12 in total. probably just a stress thing. Keep growing. They all look beautiful :thumb:

I had the same thing happen with a past grow. I panicked, searched the web, read all kinds of false information about nanners and ended up chopping down the plant weeks early.
So if I could pass on anything from that experience it would be, not to worry about it. Just pluck them as the pop up or leave them. Either way don't chop the plant down, just ride it out.

I had the same thing happen with a past grow. I panicked, searched the web, read all kinds of false information about nanners and ended up chopping down the plant weeks early.
So if I could pass on anything from that experience it would be, not to worry about it. Just pluck them as the pop up or leave them. Either way don't chop the plant down, just ride it out.

Good advice and thank you all! I plucked the nanners for a few days, and I seem to be seeing less now. Almost time for another check for cloudy or clear trics.

I feel like I have read that if you harvest when you are mostly cloudy, but before amber you will get a more "productive" type high, and the more amber the more "couchlock." Any thoughts? I really enjoy the productive type experience personally.

Cheers!

Hey Jesse,
When your trichomes turn amber that's the THC converting to CBN. CBN is a sedative and makes for a strong couchlock effect. If you want a more productive high, I would take them when they're mostly cloudy & clear. Watching for the amber is a good indicator, but I wouldn't let them get more than 10% or so. Hope this helps!
✌️..

Hey Jesse,
When your trichomes turn amber that's the THC converting to CBN. CBN is a sedative and makes for a strong couchlock effect. If you want a more productive high, I would take them when they're mostly cloudy & clear. Watching for the amber is a good indicator, but I wouldn't let them get more than 10% or so. Hope this helps!
✌️..

That's exactly the advice I was looking for! Thank you very much!!

So!!! I have been flushing with no nutes last group of waterings, and in return, we have AMBER!! They will be getting the ol dangle dry in the very near future!
420-magazine-mobile1646893899.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1567859772.jpg
420-magazine-mobile139025247.jpg

Got the boveda on the way, and gloves ready!

Cheers!

Excited for you! What type of camera do you have to take those trich pics? All in - how many weeks veg, how many weeks flower for these results?

First Grow! Nirvana Papaya - LED - Soil

So we are 100 days in total today. 45 days Veg, and 55 days flower! The pictures come from a $15 USB microscope I got on eBay, that is 50-500 zoom:). It's kinda wonky, but does ok for cheap! I can't even say how happy I was to see amber heads popping up!

Here is the first of the nug pics that will get put up. We have been hanging for 4 days, and just done a first green leafy removal of the first 3 plants, then ran out of time. Not looking too bad. Here is one of the Gorilla Glue nugs that got a light trimming, wider than my hand, smiley face!!
420-magazine-mobile1416541276.jpg
420-magazine-mobile681082838.jpg

Those drying racks are 24" rounds per level, so far we have filled 2!

I can't believe my first journal is almost over. Another 5 days in the drying room (hopefully, it 65 degrees and stays between 50-60% humidity. ). I had to chop one of the Jolly ranchers a little earlier than the rest, but it has dried and is in cure, 1 gram shy of 2 ounces on that one plant to start. No pics of it, but I did smoke a little, damn, what a flavor and felt absolutely great!

Cheers All!!

Back
Top Bottom