Jolly Rancher Sativa - A Rookie Adventure Indoors

Afraid the news ain't good, there appears to be another male in the tent. Naturally it would be the one that got the best of the LST and is the biggest with 10-12 cola sites.
420-magazine-mobile748951419.jpg

Those look like balls to me...I'm gonna smash some and look for yellow:(

That only leaves one plant left in question...one of the final jolly ranchers.

Cheers.

Thanks for the kind words. The 6 gorilla glues are female clones, and 2 of the 3 Jollys are female. Just the runty little squatter left to sex. Cheers Haha!

I put the runt into the flower tent 2 days ago, and this morning BALLS. I won't use black market seeds again. Clones or fems, I hate wasting tent space and $$ on power for heat and light! Now we can really concentrate on the 8 lovely ladies that remain.

It's crazy how different seed plants look from clones. The Jolly Ranchers are even and short and stocky, when the Gorilla Glue is uneven, and semi thin. I did get the GG clones after that were a month old, and they hadn't been topped.

I am going to start a new thread in the next couple weeks, with the last 5 BM seeds that I have. I think I will try to mainline a couple, as that's all the females that will likely come out of the 5.

Hope to have some great new pics to post in the next couple days, the GG and JR are at 10 days of flower, and look pretty good!

Cheers!

Update!! Things are looking good in the tent. We are 12 days into flower, and the bud sites are starting to form up nicely. I think I will build my SCROG today the stretch is asking to be maintained.
420-magazine-mobile158300674.jpg
420-magazine-mobile217152649.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2131353431.jpg
420-magazine-mobile26987406.jpg

Pictures to come when the SCROG is done. I have seen some awesome screens, with flat areas in the center, and I think that's about what I will be doing. Hopefully something similar to what is seen below, this is not mine or my idea, but I like it, and reposted the image. Hopefully the original owner is ok with that.
420-magazine-mobile938960147.jpg

On a side note......the folks who donated the JRS seeds were not stoked about the males/hermies, so they gave me 9 super silver haze seeds to make up for it:). Those will likely be what I use for my mainline project, once we get a little better climate balance in the tents.

Wow, fantastic grow so far. Sorry about the males and hermies, it happens to lots of use. Losing one of the plants you babied for so long never gets easier. Nice growth with those LEDS, your veg pics make me want to ditch the T5 I'm using. Your plants got bushy quick.:thumb:

I'm no pro when it comes to scrog but I would imagine it's kinda to late. Your already half way through your stretch so you would never really fill the screen. Most scrog grows I've followed usually start flowering once the screen is full and vegged out. Awesome grow so far..:goodjob:

Daily update!!!

62 days total so far...

45 days Veg
17 days Flower
Things feel like we are getting closer to autopilot now.

I built a light hanging rack to better manage the height of the 3 lights in this tent, and installed before lights off this AM.

420-magazine-mobile1336535645.jpg

Gorilla Flowers
420-magazine-mobile884444694.jpg

Jolly Flowers
420-magazine-mobile1300248015.jpg

At what point would I want to start defoliating? I have a lot of lower sites that either need to be removed, or have some defoliation and tucking done. What would you do if they were in your garden!? Thanks!!

I started germinating 5 + 1 new seeds yesterday with a little Mykos. As of the 24 hour mark 2 have popped out a taproot, 2 have split. One has no change yet, and the last one I don't have high hopes for. That one is a bagseed, totally unknown, pinched out the last corner of a bag that's had dozens of kinds in it, put it in the bowl, started to hit and saw the bean!!
420-magazine-mobile181935727.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2068271528.jpg

Super silver haze seeds.

So the first of the heads popped up and out of the pot today, check it out!!

420-magazine-mobile1869806740.jpg

This is where the vegetation will take place, in the smaller of the 2 tents. There are a number of CFL bulbs supporting the LED above.

CFL 115 watts @ 6500k
LED 50 watts @ 4000k

420-magazine-mobile1966572375.jpg

That shelf reads around 15-20k lux, the one below which has 3 of the 23 watt bulbs, has 8100 lux.

Comments welcome!

Back
Top Bottom