Jon's Dedicated Fruity Pebble Cookies Grow Plus The Mystery Plant

And add an expansion zone for the roots? I would imagine they would start populating that area given the chance.

Would also prove or disprove the concept of lack of root growth after stretch.
Wow, now isn't that an interesting idea. Instead of uppotting, one could cut the bottom out of the pot the plant is in and sit it right on top of a bigger pot of fresh soil. Hmmm........gotta think about that one. Great thought Azi!

Final Pictures of Gorillatown at 550 watts
Elora, Fulvia, Spud Flower Day 14
Jack Herer Auto Day 39

Today we say goodbye to our 550 watt/full spectrum veg setting and engage the 680 watt/reds end spectrum flowering setting. This is going to engage the far reds, IR, and UV, and pump the wattage up 130 watts. I love this part. It's like get serious time to me. This will change the look of the tent and the photos as you guys have seen before. Here's the final collection before the switch.

Jack Herer budlet

Mystery Plant (Spud Bud) budlet

Fulvia budlet

Elora budlet

Elora Cola Shot

Fulvia Cola Shot

Tent on May 1st

Rounding the final turn but not quite headed into the home stretch just yet. Lol.

Wow, now isn't that an interesting idea. Instead of uppotting, one could cut the bottom out of the pot the plant is in and sit it right on top of a bigger pot of fresh soil. Hmmm........gotta think about that one. Great thought Azi!
Well certainly in veg you can just set one fabric pot on top of a larger pot and the roots will just grow right through the fabric.

I think Emilya has done this in the past. Makes it kind of a pain to separate them afterwards I'd imagine but definitely doable.

Jack Herer Auto Maintenance

Today we raised the Jack auto up so that it was more canopy level. She was beginning to get a little buried in the jungle. We brought her up a good bit, so that her tops are taller than Elora's slightly and not quite as tall as the rogues on Fulvia. She has turned out to be quite a nice auto, maybe the nicest plant I've ever gotten from a no-name freebie seed of unknown genetic origin. I normally give those away.

While I had her out to install the new base I took a sunlight shot of her from above:

Then she went back in on this strong, solid, big base.

She also got her own, dedicated fan game.

This picture shows her height relative to the tallest rogues on Fulvia.

Have I mentioned that Jack Herer is easily in the top 3 of my all-time favorite strains, and perhaps the #1 best weed I've ever found to play music on? I'm extremely excited about this plant. Gorgeous auto, and I just love the way it grows and forms. No wonder she's many people's go to strain and a constant in their gardens, like @Bill284 and others.

EDIT: Here's a shot of Jack from Elora's side of the tent showing her height from that side.

Hey @Jon! Very timely lights tutorial, I'm sure some dumbass has been seeing those symptoms and not realizing the problem. In fact that would be me, the Mimosa Lemon under the BestVA light has been showing mild symptoms of what you describe. I figured I was ok because it says 12-16" in flower and I've been about 18, but it hasn't been praying and some of the leaves have starting twisting. I've raised it about another 2". My lux meter reads around 6500, which I think is safe. I'm not trying to push the envelope, still in the trying not to damage them mode. Beyond that she looks great.

I grew Jack Herer back in the day from Barney's Farm. I loved it but by today's standards it's kinda low thc, I usually see it around 18-20% same as it was back then (when it was a high-thc strain). Do you think it's the same as it was back then, or do they try to improve the strains as time goes by?

Have a great day!

Ok, We Are Done Fuc-ing Around Now.....Time to Get SERIOUS
Gorillatown Anti Bud Rot Measures

Heh. That's all I can say. Well, I can also say Pelonis makes some serious quality equipment. This fan absolutely crushes everything it comes into contact with. It has five settings and I have it on the lowest one. It oscillates 85 degrees and easily covers the entire tent. The head has a 25 degree lean radius and I have it at the top. Where it is it kisses the top of the canopy and moves the hell out the air in the upper environment. Other than that it's powerful enough for an 8 x 8 and can only run on it's lowest setting, it's amazing. For a $73 fan it better be. Nothing I can do about the fact that it blows pretty good on the rogues, but that's about it for overblowing, and it's not too bad there cuz it oscillates off them fairly quickly. I also raised the light about 3 inches, not to accommodate the fan but to make room for the buds to grow into the light. We're all set for flower now. There couldn't possibly be more moving air in this tent, yet we have it so that there is not going to be any windburn in play. Pretty astonishing.

Here you go. Like I said, we are no longer fucking around.

OMG.jpg

Pelonius.jpg

Hey @Jon! Very timely lights tutorial, I'm sure some dumbass has been seeing those symptoms and not realizing the problem. In fact that would be me, the Mimosa Lemon under the BestVA light has been showing mild symptoms of what you describe. I figured I was ok because it says 12-16" in flower and I've been about 18, but it hasn't been praying and some of the leaves have starting twisting. I've raised it about another 2". My lux meter reads around 6500, which I think is safe. I'm not trying to push the envelope, still in the trying not to damage them mode. Beyond that she looks great.

I grew Jack Herer back in the day from Barney's Farm. I loved it but by today's standards it's kinda low thc, I usually see it around 18-20% same as it was back then (when it was a high-thc strain). Do you think it's the same as it was back then, or do they try to improve the strains as time goes by?

Have a great day!
Hiya @BubbaKush909! 6500 Lux in the red/blue spectrum equals 576 ppfd. At 10,000 Lux you'd be at 887 ppfd. For veg the first number is fine. For flower you want to be at least at 10,000 Lux. I'd go higher personally, but 887 ppfd will give you enough light to make good buds.

No, Jack isn't a high thc strain, but it's one of those strains that the thc level is irrelevant. Even at 20% I'll smoke Jack over a lot of other weed at 30%. It's all about the terps and flavor profile, and the high I get from Jack, thc level aside, unleashes major creativity and energy in me. Only other strain I know that has the same effect is Super Silver Haze.

Glad you got something from the light thing, I was hoping someone would.

Jack Herer Auto Maintenance

Today we raised the Jack auto up so that it was more canopy level. She was beginning to get a little buried in the jungle. We brought her up a good bit, so that her tops are taller than Elora's slightly and not quite as tall as the rogues on Fulvia. She has turned out to be quite a nice auto, maybe the nicest plant I've ever gotten from a no-name freebie seed of unknown genetic origin. I normally give those away.

While I had her out to install the new base I took a sunlight shot of her from above:

Then she went back in on this strong, solid, big base.

She also got her own, dedicated fan game.

This picture shows her height relative to the tallest rogues on Fulvia.

Have I mentioned that Jack Herer is easily in the top 3 of my all-time favorite strains, and perhaps the #1 best weed I've ever found to play music on? I'm extremely excited about this plant. Gorgeous auto, and I just love the way it grows and forms. No wonder she's many people's go to strain and a constant in their gardens, like @Bill284 and others.

EDIT: Here's a shot of Jack from Elora's side of the tent showing her height from that side.
There are many great pheno's of her, all wonderful.
She grows like a Gorilla , eats like a garbage disposal without complaining and is fantastic to smoke. :love:
Who doesn't love Jack. ;)

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

A Few Pictures to Make You Smile (hopefully!) and Perhaps Salivate a Little Bit...
I'm Just Kidding, Please Sit Down For This Post, It's as Good As It Gets, You'll See
I PROMISE you won't be disappointed if you stick with it and go to the end. It would be impossible.

We might as well start with the big guns. I love it when a band comes out and decides they're going to go full bore on the very first song and blow the crowd out of the venue. If you're a Grateful Dead fan and you're not yet aware of JRAD, do yourself a favor and become aware of them. They are a full bore, jammed out to the max like you never even imagined the Dead doing, extremely highly skilled (one of the players is a former member of Ween for example), Dead cover band playing every song the Dead played even way back in the day, ie, the good stuff, like St Stephen, The Eleven, Alligator, Golden Road, etc...I've seen them twice and I'll never miss them again if I'm in the area. I saw 150 Dead shows with Jerry, seen every good Dead cover band in existence pretty much, played for 12 years in one that was as good as Dark Star Orchestra or better, and seen all the jam bands who think they jam stuff out, and JRAD absolutely destroys every single one of them. They make Dead and Co. look like an opening act. If you see them be prepared to not breathe because they never let you take a breath.

So with that intro, I give you first a cola shot from one of Titan's colas, showing her thick, off-white, almost greasy looking pistils, and the shape she's beginning to take. You can also see the frost train is finally rolling in.

Our second Sunday salvo is a closeup on a lower bud top, also from Titan,
showing more closely the nature of the pistils I was referring to above.

This one is for @Emilya, @InTheShed and @West Hippie, and anyone else I'm not mentioning who has an indoor space that is larger significantly than a 5 x 5 tent. Guys, I really think this is maybe the perfect fan for your indoor situations. This thing gets to be almost six feet tall with the telescopic lift pole. It oscillates an astounding 85 degrees! The head has a 25 degree tilt capacity both up and down. It has an ECO mode which slows everything down a little bit, a natural mode with 3 speeds, and a regular mode with 5 speeds. I am using it in the tent in the pics you may have seen at it's lowest setting in the regular mode, and I'll probably switch that tomorrow to the natural setting low mode with the ECO on, so as to even lessen the air flow. It's built extremely solidly. 5 leaf plastic blades - it's very quiet. And it's 18" in diameter. The base is very heavy and solid and the head is extremely light by comparison, so it doesn't in the least suffer from the common head heavy problems you get with a lot of these kinds of fans, thus eliminating the concern of it falling over on your plants. It also comes with a remote. And it has a real power cord, not batteries. It's literally by far the best fan I have ever purchased. $73 on the Zon. In you guy's indoor situations, this thing is powerful and manipulatable enough that with the 85 degree oscillation, you could stick it in a corner and it would completely take care of your upper air flow in a very large room. It's right on the edge of being too bif for a 5 x 5, and that's on the very lowest setting. Anyway, I don't believe I am stepping on any sponsors toes by posting this, so if you are interested, here's the skinny:

You guys didn't think I hyped up THAT crap, did you? Lol. Nope. I saved the real guns for this. This is where this post gets truly mind blowing.

This is a picture of one of my Yoda's greenhouses in Oregon.
He sent it to me to show me how he trains and nets in a greenhouse situation where the plants all end up 15 to 18 feet tall. I'm in school with Yoda almost as often as I'm in school with you guys, when I'm not on the site he is often who I am speaking with. My first teacher!! And lord, does he know his shit. In this picture he just got done netting up the trough on the right. These go end to end in a 90 foot long trough inside a 100 foot long greenhouse. Not sure what the width is but there are four equal sized troughs end to end in each of his four greenhouses, and he has a fifth under construction but in use at the same time. This is his current Blue City Diesel grow in these two troughs.

These next three pictures show his new greenhouse under construction but obviously already in use. You get a good idea of the size of these things from this.

One of Yoda's more radical methods for controlling pests on this scale, besides using ladybugs in swarms at the right time of year, is to employ a couple dozen of these guys. Apparently tree frogs love to eat caterpillars and any other vermin they come into contact with, but do absolutely nothing negative in the garden. Anyone ever seen this before? It blew me away when he told me this.

This is another Yoda greenhouse in mid flower where you can get a much better idea of the scale we're talking about here. It also displays his overhead Gavita light game. These kick in at sundown pretty much or a bit before, preceding the closing up from the outside, starting rooftop and moving down, of the entire greenhouse. I can't imagine what that system costs. This photo blows my mind. Imagine managing four of these with only two employees. My man knows all about gardening like a boss, Emilya.

These next three pictures are just straight up jaw dropping.

This is a field and a closeup of Yoda's Blue City Diesel from the previous harvest. Which, by the way, I may or may not have a half an ounce of headed my way as we speak that I should have by mid week. If anyone was saying, okay, great, veg shots, but can the guy actually finish? this should be adequate to answer that query.

Here we have a small picture of some of Yoda's harvest buds that makes me want to eat it.

And I saved my favorite picture for last. This is Yoda's drying room in action. OH MY GOD.

I told you you wouldn't be disappointed. Feel free to pick your jaw up off the floor and clean up the damn drool.

Thanks for stopping by this Sunday evening, I hope everyone has a great week of growing!!

Last Sunday Picture
Zkittlez Auto

I just went out to close the Zkittlez up for the night and snapped this picture, which shows the result of the simple act of moving the plant further away from the light. If you saw the earlier posts about this, here she is all happy again already.

Z improved.jpg

unleashes major creativity and energy in me. Only other strain I know that has the same effect is Super Silver Haze.
I like the Transkei for this same reason. I do love Super Silver Haze but for me Transkei hits all the right notes for a productive and creative treat. I haven't tried Jack yet. With this as a recommendation I will be on the lookout for availability down here.
Anyone ever seen this before?
I have chameleons in my garden that would do the same thing as the tree frogs but I have heard tree frogs at night.... brilliant pest control!

View media item 1866851
Your Yoda's garden is just stunning! Yours is too btw :)

I'm blown away by that @Jon! How do they trim all that?
Me too, @BubbaKush909, that's why I took a fricking hour and put that post together to share with you guys!!!! Would you believe it if I told you he runs the entire operation with only TWO employees? All he does is work, from before sunup to long after sundown. I can't wait to get my Blue City Diesel. Apparently it's all the rage out in the northwest, along with Peanut Butter Breath. As far as trimming, he has a tumbler, but only uses that for his dispensary product. He would never dream of machine trimming his indoor or his personal. But you should see the tumbler. He won't send me a picture because he doesn't like to advertise that (no professional wants to advertise their tumbler trimming, lol), but it's HUGE and cost close to 6 figures. So most of the greenhouse weed, probably three out of the four, get machine trimmed that way. The personal greenhouse (his weed for him and whoever he distributes to outside of the dispensary system, like me) and his indoor operation all get hand trimmed. He told me when he was looking for trimmers to hire part time for help at harvest he would have like four of them come on the same day and interview them all at the same time to promote competition. The interview consisted of him handing each of them an ounce of untrimmed weed and saying, okay, show me art as fast as you can. (roughly). He hired the ones he thought did the best work, and most of these guys are super happy to get hired and get paid in what you see in the pictures, lol. I even thought of flying out there one year to do his harvest with him. I have a permanent job with him in whatever capacity if and when I ever feel like moving out west and living in the mountains of north central Oregon. Quite the dude. I knew him when he was 21 years old and coming to see my band, way back in the early 90s. He was the guy who couldn't wait to get the band high. He would bring around his weed he grew in his bedroom closet when he was first starting to learn how to grow. But he did really well and as he grew as a grower he started making very impressive connections. He would become the go to unofficial weed supplier for Widespread Panic and sits with those guys backstage when he goes to shows, which makes me intensely jealous. Then he eventually moved out to Oregon and started the process of being a PRO pro, ie, working legally within the system. And I just showed you guys where he's gotten to now. Also just got invited to compete in his first ever Cannabis Cup. I'll get more details on that for a down the line post, as I really want to know more about that.

Little late, but I’d say Well baked :laugh: - Mint look!:laugh:
Hey @Verbalist, don't worry about being late, I'm an overposter so it's easy as hell to catch up. Lmao. Yeah, it looks amazing doesn't it. Unfortunately it's Florida street weed I actually spent money on, but that aside it's the best street weed I've seen in Florida ever. That's why I was willing to pull the trigger on it, and so I'd have more variety (my 13 strains on hand aren't enough, lol). But like almost all street weed, it's way too dry. So it's lost a lot of smell. However, it is intensely strong, heavy indica weed. I almost grew this a couple times and now I'm glad I didn't, cuz all this weed is good for for me is nighty night time. It's just way too heavy for daytime. It didn't lose as much taste as it has smell - I can still get the mint from it a little bit and if you grind it it smells pretty good. You basically have no choice but to grind it. Can you tell in that picture how fricking dense this bud is? I haven't grown anything close to dense like this, I rarely even see weed this dense anywhere. It's almost annoyingly dense, if that makes sense.

Spud Bud Canopy Maintenance

I've said before and you can see in the pictures that this "plant" has long, spindly stems that I feared wouldn't hold anything up without support. With even just the emerging budlets, this has already proven to be true. Her branches were all up against the corners of the tent and falling through Fulvia next door. Quite unacceptable. So I was wondering what to do, and there was no chance I was putting in 30 sticks to hold up these "branches." This plant is far from worth that, it's just an experiment. But we do want to bring her home with whatever she's going to give in terms of cherry tomatoes. It's going to be an ounce of a brand new strain of bud! (1 ounce is my guess on this plant's yield, lmao)

This is what I came up with, and it works surprisingly well.

That twine is tied in a circle as you see, and provides a tiny bit of support, but more importantly, puts her canopy back in place and allows some air flow between her and Fulvia.

Here's the improved canopy with the twine in place. You can see the space we created between her and Fulvia.

This grow has really pushed me in terms of coming up with creative solutions to issues. Much of that has centered on infrastructure, which in my experience is just as much a flexible animal as the plants it's powering.

@Costanza, you'll get a kick out of this. We were talking earlier about how our standards get higher and higher as we learn more and more and all that, right? So I'm not any different than you - I bitch about stuff that I would never have even known to bitch about earlier in my growing "career." Here's good example. This is a shot of Titan from today. See how there's the top ring of mains, then the second ring (it's six colas all the way around), then the lower ring? Okay, so look to the left side of the lower ring. See those two little buds in between the middle and lower rings? Those two buds are screwing up my symmetry, I can't stand them. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

See what I mean about standards? Lmao!!!!!!!

Titan 5 2.jpg

@Costanza, you'll get a kick out of this. We were talking earlier about how our standards get higher and higher as we learn more and more and all that, right? So I'm not any different than you - I bitch about stuff that I would never have even known to bitch about earlier in my growing "career." Here's good example. This is a shot of Titan from today. See how there's the top ring of mains, then the second ring (it's six colas all the way around), then the lower ring? Okay, so look to the left side of the lower ring. See those two little buds in between the middle and lower rings? Those two buds are screwing up my symmetry, I can't stand them. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

See what I mean about standards? Lmao!!!!!!!

Titan 5 2.jpg
Those 2 buds would drive me insane

Back
Top Bottom