Back row: Biggest bud auto-----Afghani-------Thailand
Front row: Biggest bud auto----Durban------Blue dream

The auto's are throwing pistols, I know your not supposed to top auto's, and transplant them but as Rider say's the bitches better toughen up.

That's the attitude! SD and I flew in the face of popular wisdom and topped our autos and abused them in every imaginable way during our first grows. Whip them, beat them, make them write bad checks. Autos aren't as sensitive as some think.

That's some interesting info

IMO = bacteria & fungi @ your local worm castings from your local forest. Different worms have differing bacteria as well, and location plays another roll. Bacteria from castings from the woods will be different from the bacteria in castings made at home in your worm bin or in a field instead of in a forest. Good to have a mix of different cirtters. Hats off to JM for going this direction. We are in the minority .... for now.

Here's the part I find important "to me":

" In "Non-Chemical" agriculture practices we do not feed the plant. We nurture the soil and the soil nurtures the plant through the IMOs. "

Organic farming... been around a long long time and it's a thing, can even do it commercially. It's being done commercially.

For a local farm near you check out: localharvest.org/organic-farms/ then go take a visit.

Hey there JustMeds... wanna see your soil get lively?? Add a handful of Neem Cake ... just sprinkle a little in there on top. Can also sprinkle alfalfa meal if no Neem cake. it's good to keep the microbes alive, they work with the plant root exudate to grow the plant.

I guess your also using water from washing rice and making your own bacteria as well??

I like collecting EWC in the woods...can get a 3 gal bucket full in about 15 minutes where we live!

The soil I gathered in the woods was so nice, it was black as night. Sure did not take long to get the IMO growing on the rice placed in the container. Had to do it that way as every thing is freezing solid here now.

IMO = bacteria & fungi @ your local worm castings from your local forest. Different worms have differing bacteria as well, and location plays another roll. Bacteria from castings from the woods will be different from the bacteria in castings made at home in your worm bin or in a field instead of in a forest. Good to have a mix of different cirtters. Hats off to JM for going this direction. We are in the minority .... for now.

Here's the part I find important "to me":

" In "Non-Chemical" agriculture practices we do not feed the plant. We nurture the soil and the soil nurtures the plant through the IMOs. "

Organic farming... been around a long long time and it's a thing, can even do it commercially. It's being done commercially.

For a local farm near you check out: localharvest.org/organic-farms/ then go take a visit.

Hey there JustMeds... wanna see your soil get lively?? Add a handful of Neem Cake ... just sprinkle a little in there on top. Can also sprinkle alfalfa meal if no Neem cake. it's good to keep the microbes alive, they work with the plant root exudate to grow the plant.

I guess your also using water from washing rice and making your own bacteria as well??

I like collecting EWC in the woods...can get a 3 gal bucket full in about 15 minutes where we live!

I thought the neem cake was more for pest management.

Here they are. The funny thing is, these were popped on exact same day as Rider's. You can sure see a difference in size. They don't look to bad for my first soil grow.

IMG_20171212_162928.jpg

They seen the light on 10-29. The 2 in the middle are the auto's. They will just run the course. The others I plan to grab some clones from then turn the light down to 12-12 in the near future. I think the 18-6 will help the auto's for now.

I have had the Raspberry Pi running for a couple weeks now just to see how stable it is. I will say it has not missed a beat. I got the full web server, database server, PHP server and the SCADA server all running on it. Still have to get the Arduino sketch done to push the data to the database. Going to be interesting for sure in the end.

The Arduino/Raspberry stuff is something I'd really like to know more about but I've been reluctant to look into. I know that idle curiosity too often turns into an expensive obsession for me. From what I gather you can use it to record data points, manage environmental controls, maybe even intelligently automate nutrient dosing. Down that path lies madness for someone like me. And as my wife is dangerously close to poisoning my food or smothering me in my sleep due to the attention diverted from "everything more important", her words not mine, I dare not risk it.

But I'm curious... what are you doing with it and what are your end goals for it?

I plan to use it to monitor and record the environment data to start. With that info in hand you can then control environmental equipment to keep things more in the sweet spot. For instance you could start or stop fans sooner or later based on the amount of time it takes them to give desired results. Instead of a wipsaw curve on the chart you could flatten it out more. I have seen lots of others using them to do the micro dosing of the nutes in a hydro system which would be right up the alley you are thinking. Another example that could be done once you have data is the VPD. You could have equipment turn on/off to keep it in the sweet spot. They are a logical control system, so you can have a very deeeeeeep rabbit hole.

Back
Top Bottom