KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

Sub'd! :D Cabinet looks sweet!

Subbed and thnx for sharing. ?s

I assume your hood is opened (no glass) and your fan(s) draw both heat off the bulb and dank air from the grow. Are you concerned at all about moisture and other particulates coating your bulb and possibly leading to a malfunction?

Do you have any other fans besides the pictured duct fan?

What CFM rating is it and does it efficiently evacuate the heat and grow chamber air?

I am designing a similar grow box that incorporates in wall ducting measured at 4.75" between. In that space I will be using a portion (15x24x4.75) filled with activated carbon with a passive inlet (4" +/-) where the dank air will be pulled through an "N" pattern in the wall to be ducted out another area via a 4" inline 175 CFM duct fan. Do you think this idea is feasible or might the 4" hole be big enough to exchange that amount of air? (my grow area is 30" x 30" x 48"-54") still in R&D with that.

Many thnx for the share and big hopes for your success!

i use a 6 inch carbon filter positioned at the top of the seed cabinet with strapping and attached with carabiners to eye hooks that is drawing in warm air from the seed cabinet, it then goes through the attached 6 inch ducting to the glass 6 inch cooltube and draws the air past the light bulb and out through the attached 6 inch ducting to the 8 inch inline fan reduced to 6 inch and out through a closed off window to the outside. I have a small blue 6 inch fan set on the lowest speed that circulates the air inside the seed cabinet and stimulates the plant with a gently breeze. the 8 inch inline fan i believe is rated at 660 CFM but it is reduced to 6 inch with reducers so the CFM will be lower moving through the ducting. for me the cost of the active carbon alone outweighed the cost of a constructed 6 inch Carbon Air Filter 650 CFM Air Scrubber. i do not believe that 175 CFM is sufficient to cool a 400 watt High Intensity Discharge light, it may be sufficient for a 150 watt High Intensity Discharge light. for a passive air intake you want at least twice the surface area as your inline fan.

HI KingJohnC Very nice seed cabinet, clean and proper.<Unlike that lol I have similar space and light for flower.I like your word and info on LA Confidential it has influenced thoughts for my next seed order. Could you give estimated yield or gram per watt on this strain in soil in your cabinet?
:thanks::nicethread:

thank you kindly, this is my first time growing LA Confidential so i am not able to provide an yield estimate but it is rated at 350-450g/m2.

the purpose of this project is to produce feminized seeds!

I'm subbed. I'l just hang my hammock over here out of the way and watch the show. Congrats on MOTM!:thumb::surf::surf::rollit:

King Jon c... Hello and good weed to you sir :)
Man your setup looks super clean
U can see its been purpose built well done on that :)
Congrats on member of the month u deserved it u are litrally everywhere on 420 I don't think iv stumbled over a journal were iv not noticed advice...sound advice..... Given by u so well done
Subbed of course
I can see this journal becoming a super thread like fishcakes grow an mmm's

King Jon c... Hello and good weed to you sir :)
Man your setup looks super clean
U can see its been purpose built well done on that :)
Congrats on member of the month u deserved it u are litrally everywhere on 420 I don't think iv stumbled over a journal were iv not noticed advice...sound advice..... Given by u so well done
Subbed of course
I can see this journal becoming a super thread like fishcakes grow an mmm's

thank you kindly

sorry if i missed it but what method are you using for fem seeds, are you going to try the cs solution,

i will be using a Silver Thiosulfate solution to make feminized seeds, i had not mentioned it yet.

im interested to see how well it works,

i was always told that making a plant hermie will produce fem pollen, so i tried this with light shock with a plant that was in early flower, i collected the pollen from the normal looking male pollen sacs and put it on a fem plant, i grew the seeds out and they turned hermie around the same time i forced the other plant to go hermie,

so do you have some idea of when you want to use it, would it be towards the end of flower or dont it matter with that product, im pretty sure you have seen my conversations about getting fem pollen, i have not used chemicals, the method i have used is leaving a plant in flower and waiting for them bananas to grow, their not like regular male flowers their just like minature bananas, i was told this is the only way without chemicals to produce fem pollen, making a plant hermie to early just produces regular male flowers, so since giving this new method a try i have had great results and all seeds grown so far have been fem,

i was also told that the first cross you make produces stable seeds, so all seeds will grow the same and give the same results, which is what i found with mine, i always thought that the seeds would show different traits, but i have since been told that the first cross will produce a stable strain, so crossing a male with female will produce stable results and fem with fem,
i was told its only when you back cross to perfect the results you want that it gives different results when grown, so this is the part that takes the longest to do, but the first cross produces stable results,

im pretty amazed with the results i got, every time i grew a plant and liked it id clone it, then if another plant grew and gave better results then id clone that and get rid of the other clone, in the end i was left with 2 amazing clones, i grew these and stressed the one by leaving it in flower about 3 weeks after it should of been harvested, the got pollen from bananas and got me some fem seeds,

so im going to see how your grow goes and how this chemical works, ive not followed a grow that uses the silver solution so will be interesting to see how this process works and how well it works, be good to compare the 2 methods so i can decide on future grows which method id prefer to use, i think the chemicals would make the grow a lot quicker as you wont have to wait so long for the fem pollen,

just wanst sure if you could use it at anytime during flower or if it was best to use it at the end of flower,

great journal, im sure their will be many growers following this to see exactly how this method works,
reps on the way my friend

Back
Top Bottom