LA: Back From The Beyond

Hey all, little update. The garden is on the final stretch.

The weekend got messy to say the least. My mates both crashed out by 22:00
I myself being of sterner stuff made it to about 1am before working out that I was stumbling more than walking. (May of been the vape I got, dmt lol)
Anyway had a blast, took some early picked, fast dried bud of the black rainbow sherbet. It went down very well and I'm happy with where it should be once finished properly 😃

Hey all, little update. The garden is on the final stretch.

The weekend got messy to say the least. My mates both crashed out by 22:00
I myself being of sterner stuff made it to about 1am before working out that I was stumbling more than walking. (May of been the vape I got, dmt lol)
Anyway had a blast, took some early picked, fast dried bud of the black rainbow sherbet. It went down very well and I'm happy with where it should be once finished properly 😃
I think the only way I’m going to get to try that is make it my self. Just read in newspaper that the Quarterback for the Green Bay Packers went to Peru and imbibed with Ayahuasca.

Hey @Light Addict , Do you believe in allowing cannabis plants to go through senescence as they approach harvest? I noticed you have a K.I.S.S style of growing lately and you don't really bother over complicating things. I believe in allowing the plant to pull the last bit of nutrients and energy stored back into itself through senescence. The leaves may deteriorate but they are not what we after. I am just curious if this is intentional or just a lack of fussing around.

Hey @Light Addict , Do you believe in allowing cannabis plants to go through senescence as they approach harvest? I noticed you have a K.I.S.S style of growing lately and you don't really bother over complicating things. I believe in allowing the plant to pull the last bit of nutrients and energy stored back into itself through senescence. The leaves may deteriorate but they are not what we after. I am just curious if this is intentional or just a lack of fussing around.
Simply put I want this run to be it's best. So the variables we can manipulate; like letting senescence take place. I believe in, especially when the crop is worthy lol. I believe in maximizing our impact on plants by firstly recognising where our influence could have the best results. So I concentrate on what we can easily manipulate.

Also folks, I can say by a quick test of bud, that the big girl in above pic is second from worst of all plants tasted.
Luckily it means I've more plants that are all very similar and all top shelf he he!

Soooo,
I've a topic for debate......

Get ya grow guru heads on please folks.

How much would a 25% localised drop in lighting levels negatively effect bud structure of a plant. Over, being a genetic trait for airy flowers? So what percentage balance would you attribute each.

Many thanks
Let's discuss
LA
I'm thinking @Jon might have some thoughts.

It's bloody ridiculous isn't it mate. Rent alone is a joke. I'm refusing to pay more than £130 a month for my gas and leccy. Prices will have to come down again one day and they can chase me for the rest then. Fuckers. :laugh:
It’s no different here the prices in the grocery store are sinful gasoline is higher than I’ve ever seen it in my life by far I don’t know how most people survive the only way I do is that every single thing I have including my house and land is paid for and just to survive with monthly bills of utilities and such Virgil’s working 70 hours a week minimum and he’s doing that in other states he doesn’t even get to come home but once a month for a couple of days but it does keep keep us from not being able to pay the utility bill and mine has definitely gone up to over $100 now actually my last one was $160 and I cried when I opened it! it’s ridiculous let’s go Brandon!
Breathtaking grow as always. I sure do wish you were in the states close to me I would most definitely smoke your pot I really would do that just to help you out…….. :circle-of-love:

If you have extra equipment you get for free and you don't want it I'll pay for shipping ;) plus extra!
Seriously though I get it. I don't like having too much stuff sitting around not being used. I work in an industry that has annual conventions and the freebies get ridiculous. Meanwhile people outside the industry who do not attend are drooling at the piles of crap we're all used to throwing away. It's all perspective.
Damn wish I was your garbage can….. :circle-of-love:

Hey all.
Well, the daft heatwave that hit us with record UK temps, just happened to coincide with my crop being hung to dry. Also I went away for that particular weekend.
This led to my crop drying to quick. Not impressed with final results.
I've my lemon sherbet terpy cut of BRS in veg ready to clone. Yet I'm giving some HSO purple punch fast versions a go.
My big bad ass looking pheno, came out with zero terps.
My second choice was a little airy in structure but became my lemon sherbet cut.
Hopefully with temps on the drop I'll get a good result this run. I could certainly use it.

So question Light. So we want to slow drying of the Tris so they want break down right. Fast drying will make them break down and crumble. Then no good. Right. Sorry southern English skills.
My next question. We look for ambers on sugar leaves or the flower itself. Before harvest.. or just milky Tris. Or combo of both. . How do u know that right point in time where u say chop chop. Not person preference what's that click u look for. . You.
Try to explain that to me. Cause I'm kinda confused on the thing. Cause I let one go over to much now to early

So question Light. So we want to slow drying of the Tris so they want break down right. Fast drying will make them break down and crumble. Then no good. Right. Sorry southern English skills.
My next question. We look for ambers on sugar leaves or the flower itself. Before harvest.. or just milky Tris. Or combo of both. . How do u know that right point in time where u say chop chop. Not person preference what's that click u look for. . You.
Try to explain that to me. Cause I'm kinda confused on the thing. Cause I let one go over to much now to early
So my friend.
Getting it at just the right time is a little subjective to each person. Or more so as to what kind of high you're wanting to target.
The usual rule for me is don't go by sugar leaf trichs go by flower only. Always make sure you've gotten a good fade to the plant also. So a good flush to help knock chlorophyll out.
I use a usb digital scope so can get the best view to judge trichome maturity. My ratio is 60-70% amber. 20-30% Milky and norm 5-10% are clear to milky. This way you get a balanced high that's nicely rounded. Yet if you want to stimulate say appetite then I'd harvest earlier.
Then nice slow drying normally takes me 2 weeks from chop to trim.

Back
Top Bottom