LA: Back From The Beyond

Pick you brain some. Addict. How you judging lights to tops of plant and what power. Being large scale like that. . They move up and down or how u doing that.
Simple, I look for leaf edge sawing. Where leafs edges stand up. At this point your light intensity is on its very limits before becoming detrimental.
This photonteck light is just a 600w. Yet my favourite lamp I've used yet to date. Low temps and amazing even coverage. Penetrating 10-12 inch through non defoliated canopy.
Also I still use back of hand tech. If the back of my hand is to hot at canopy then raise the light up a touch.

We're getting there slowly. Plant eating like crazy. Deficiencies disappearing and trichome production is building.
Soon I'll do a small defoliation. These plants have awesome bud/foliage ratios, so I'm later on defol than usual.
Some pics

Plus this is my smallest setup. My large setup I don't have the space for currently. Last time I rolled that one out I ran 90 plants lol. Hard to do here in the UK.
This current setup uses as little tech as possible. Power costs here mean I pay 700 a month on electricity just running my 600 lamp. Extraction and one in tent fan.
Not even using my fan controller. Or my monitoring system or even a thermometer.
So, I'm really enjoying going back to basics, no bells and whistles, just me and my plants.

We're getting there slowly. Plant eating like crazy. Deficiencies disappearing and trichome production is building.
Soon I'll do a small defoliation. These plants have awesome bud/foliage ratios, so I'm later on defol than usual.
Some pics

Plus this is my smallest setup. My large setup I don't have the space for currently. Last time I rolled that one out I ran 90 plants lol. Hard to do here in the UK.
This current setup uses as little tech as possible. Power costs here mean I pay 700 a month on electricity just running my 600 lamp. Extraction and one in tent fan.
Not even using my fan controller. Or my monitoring system or even a thermometer.
So, I'm really enjoying going back to basics, no bells and whistles, just me and my plants.

$700 a month? Are you kidding? That’s a freaking house payment here when my utility bill is over $100 I freak out…. Beautiful girls is always when I grow up I’m gonna be just like you Light…. :circle-of-love:

QA
$700 a month? Are you kidding? That’s a freaking house payment here when my utility bill is over $100 I freak out…. Beautiful girls is always when I grow up I’m gonna be just like you Light…. :circle-of-love:
Yeah just rent and household bills I pay out 2400 a month. Electric costs and general living costs are ridiculous at mo. I'm lucky to be in a job where I can get as much overtime as I need.
Just means I work a 70-80 hour week. Hence my garden not looking on point as it used to back when I had time lol.
Love having you back in my life Dennise xxx

Simple, I look for leaf edge sawing. Where leafs edges stand up. At this point your light intensity is on its very limits before becoming detrimental.
This photonteck light is just a 600w. Yet my favourite lamp I've used yet to date. Low temps and amazing even coverage. Penetrating 10-12 inch through non defoliated canopy.
Also I still use back of hand tech. If the back of my hand is to hot at canopy then raise the light up a touch.
Good deal. I was hoping I was correct. I slowly lowered looking for that. And I raised it up like inch or two. And so far. Both plants u can tell they in right spot.. just can't remember alot of stuff these days. Not sure on AG. Stuff I remember alot. But nip pik stuff I fell alseep

QA

Yeah just rent and household bills I pay out 2400 a month. Electric costs and general living costs are ridiculous at mo. I'm lucky to be in a job where I can get as much overtime as I need.
Just means I work a 70-80 hour week. Hence my garden not looking on point as it used to back when I had time lol.
Thanks here are no doubt tougher than they were when I was last on the site the inflation gas prices food prices blah blah blah but I’m lucky to live where I live I have cows in my backyard the side yard and the other side too I have a vegetable garden and everybody back in the Hollow has a garden and even though they’re gonna try to starve us out I don’t think they can back here and thank God we have the second amendment. I gotta admit though when I look around and think how bad things are here or I’m filling up my car and I’m crying because I don’t have any money left after I leave the gas pump then I hear about other countries and all I can think is God bless America even with all her problems they will be fixed and I think relatively soon a whole lot sooner than most people think but right now it kind of sucks everywhere but I’m seeing people stand up and taking their countries back worldwide and it’s actually a wonderful time to be alive…… :circle-of-love:

Little update.
We're just under half way through flower at mo and they're drinking 3-4ltrs each a day. 2 that don't seem to be feeding or reacting to the feed levels that well are the sour ghost by HSO. I don't really care as I'll never bother sorting individual feeding regimens lol. I guess amounts, guess pH and I'm mainly just bothered about the RS11 X Geist (black rainbow sherbet) spppeeeccciiiaallllll terps.......
Sorry the shot of my favourite girl is a bit blurry, but you get the rough idea.
With half of flower to go, it looks like they will yield well.

Hey one and all:passitleft:
Grab a toke folks

Sooo, I should have some fun to share next week. I've a little Canna event to go to this weekend. It's the autopot summer social. One of the best events in the UK.
Not the usual type of deal as no public are allowed. It's a private event, one put on for just trade/industry folks.
The best bit for me is it's totally free. Tickets are free, the bars are all free. In fact, the only thing you have to buy is food.
They proper go for it, camping, glamping, free taxi shuttles to local hotels.
Entertainment is normally awesome. This year we have Utah saints and the world champion beatbox crew and loads more, with some top DJs thrown in.
If I'm not to destroyed lol, I'll take loads of pics and give them a share next week.
This will be my 3rd or 4th visit and I'm looking forward to it just a touch lol.

Anyway we're now in flush/fade mode in the garden and the scent of which is just sublime now.
Dark colouration is also now starting to build.
So without more babbling here have a gander.

QA

It's bloody ridiculous isn't it mate. Rent alone is a joke. I'm refusing to pay more than £130 a month for my gas and leccy. Prices will have to come down again one day and they can chase me for the rest then. Fuckers. :laugh:

always a fantastic light show
Hey my friend. Yes is the simple answer lol. Shwag is daft levels. Although I'm lucky to be honest. I built my reputation over years and got known to not go chasing equipment etc. If I can genuinely use it within a month or 2 I'd say yes occasionally. But on the whole I don't ask for gear anymore. Last time I did was year before last at same event. Then I got probably 10k worth of stuff for free lol. Most likely as I built a rep for not asking constantly as some growers trying to make it do at such events.

I agree waiting sucks.

IMG_20220805_131808~2.jpg

Hey my friend. Yes is the simple answer lol. Shwag is daft levels. Although I'm lucky to be honest. I built my reputation over years and got known to not go chasing equipment etc. If I can genuinely use it within a month or 2 I'd say yes occasionally. But on the whole I don't ask for gear anymore. Last time I did was year before last at same event. Then I got probably 10k worth of stuff for free lol. Most likely as I built a rep for not asking constantly as some growers trying to make it do at such events.

If you have extra equipment you get for free and you don't want it I'll pay for shipping ;) plus extra!
Seriously though I get it. I don't like having too much stuff sitting around not being used. I work in an industry that has annual conventions and the freebies get ridiculous. Meanwhile people outside the industry who do not attend are drooling at the piles of crap we're all used to throwing away. It's all perspective.

Back
Top Bottom