LA: Back From The Beyond

Just had big cancer scare and things have changed here is all. To pay electric costs I work 70+ hrs a week and then have my family. I don't get 5 mins to myself normally is all.
Sorry I'm so hit and miss my friends. To one and all, I bleed green. I'd still give 8 hrs a day to 420 if I didn't run out of time each day.
I'll never be gone, just can't honestly commit to showing up daily like back in the day.

So soz all. Just things be changing in this world. Most not for the good.
YEEEETTTT If it's an old school OG role call I'm present just tardy.
glad to hear it was only a scare, and I can totally understand change, and the necessity to step away...been there...doing it, although for different reasons...so many long term member's I have followed/respected have either moved on, or passed away, so like that you are still around...post when you can, we all appreciate what you have to offer...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...:hookah:

Just had big cancer scare and things have changed here is all. To pay electric costs I work 70+ hrs a week and then have my family. I don't get 5 mins to myself normally is all.
Sorry I'm so hit and miss my friends. To one and all, I bleed green. I'd still give 8 hrs a day to 420 if I didn't run out of time each day.
I'll never be gone, just can't honestly commit to showing up daily like back in the day.

So soz all. Just things be changing in this world. Most not for the good.
YEEEETTTT If it's an old school OG role call I'm present just tardy.
Things are definitely f****d up everywhere right now but keep the faith my friend the best is yet to come and we will see the evil pay. God wins I promise……. :circle-of-love:

So a little about what I'm growing at mo.
My crop is predominantly Black Rainbow sherbet by Humboldt seed org. It's clone only worldwide. Yet being pals with the guys, Geistv2 sent me some seeds marked VIP.
So I paid attention. They blessed me with about 50 reg seeds of the clone only new strain by themselves. So I'm hunting and have already cloned them ready to mom out anything special.
I believe I've 2 very terp heavy girls that have an awesome stank.
Then I've a cpl of sour ghost that look crap compared against the others.

So for any new friends joining along that might not know my stubborn long-term approach to growing, let me explain.
I've tested many nutrient lines etc yet I don't read feeding charts or anything. I don't use a PH pen. Haven't had 1 for years. I also don't measure nutrients out or check EC . I don't even have a temp gauge, just a lamp, extraction kit and a fan. I mix any nutrients up by eye and gutt only. Yes it makes my life harder lol. Yet I feel I learn more and have a closer relationship with my garden through this approach.
So yeah don't do what I do lol

So for any new friends joining along that might not know my stubborn long-term approach to growing, let me explain.
I've tested many nutrient lines etc yet I don't read feeding charts or anything. I don't use a PH pen. Haven't had 1 for years. I also don't measure nutrients out or check EC . I don't even have a temp gauge, just a lamp, extraction kit and a fan. I mix any nutrients up by eye and gutt only. Yes it makes my life harder lol. Yet I feel I learn more and have a closer relationship with my garden through this approach.
So yeah don't do what I do lol
Probably more fun than the clinical approach though. :thumb:

Amen. If it aint broke don't fix it

Screenshot_20220624-171311.jpg

Bring on the bud LA! So what are you looking in particular for when you look at these ladies? What made you say you you think you found the ones? What's the difference?
Awesome questions
Sooo, firstly obviously terp profile. The stank is where it's at lol. Then I'm looking at which way it leans, (Sativa/Indica) I love an Indica personally. Then I look at bud/leaf ratio, Calyx structure and trichome production. Then finally does it yield well? Does it respond to training well?

Mainly I can judge all this at a glance and a quick rub. The ones I've selected stick out like crazy 1 especially.
Yet you can find unexpected gems when tasting end product. So I'll always clone each girl from here on out.

Awesome questions
Sooo, firstly obviously terp profile. The stank is where it's at lol. Then I'm looking at which way it leans, (Sativa/Indica) I love an Indica personally. Then I look at bud/leaf ratio, Calyx structure and trichome production. Then finally does it yield well? Does it respond to training well?

Mainly I can judge all this at a glance and a quick rub. The ones I've selected stick out like crazy 1 especially.
Yet you can find unexpected gems when tasting end product. So I'll always clone each girl from here on out.
Good answers! All these things come to mind as I make seeds. I'm not as thorough maybe as yourself. This really takes time to do it right. I'm chucking pollen when I have it. In the future I'd like to be more dedicated to the next generations but now's just not the time.

25 days into flower and I'm getting happier by the day.
I've definitely found 2 keepers out of the black rainbow sherbet girls. Both quite different phenotypes with totally different bud structure etc.
Clones all good, so now it's the boring waiting game. I've never been one that enjoys flower phase. I like veg where I can gain the most impactful results from small inputs via training etc.

Garden is stacking

Lmao. Glad you're back Addict

So a little about what I'm growing at mo.
My crop is predominantly Black Rainbow sherbet by Humboldt seed org. It's clone only worldwide. Yet being pals with the guys, Geistv2 sent me some seeds marked VIP.
So I paid attention. They blessed me with about 50 reg seeds of the clone only new strain by themselves. So I'm hunting and have already cloned them ready to mom out anything special.
I believe I've 2 very terp heavy girls that have an awesome stank.
Then I've a cpl of sour ghost that look crap compared against the others.
Your looks like crap is prizes to the rest of us out here…. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom