LA: Back From The Beyond

Sooo. BIGGGGG ASK???

Im going through my mom dying slowly but losing herself rapidly due to early onset Alzheimer's.
Do any folks out there in the cyber ether have any first hand experience treating this illness with our plant? Anyone know of any key studies.
It's a bit late for my mom. Yet I'd like to start driving the issue here in the UK.
I'm lucky to be able to be out publicly here. I'm the only 1 out as a grower etc and I've a small platform. So if anyone can shout and make noise for the good of people suffering it should be me I'm thinking.
All help info or input is very welcome and appreciated.
Hey LA, a co worker's mom with al or dementia of some sort was calmed from her bouts of fear and lack of understanding her reality with half a medical gummy. He'd find her combative and scared, give her the gummy and a half hour later she could communicate more lucidly and calmly. He had to sneak it in as it was not ok at the time but the result was profound and she was much better for it. She never knew. Just anecdotal.

Hey all and thanks for all the input regarding my mom.

As for the garden, I found 1 pollen sack unfortunately. Just 1, low down and in a sheltered spot, I checked for more and sprayed the whole crop and tent down with a fine mist water spray to try and negate any pollen floating about.
Apart from that I've my clones all set for a next round.
This is my first ever run from clones in over 10 years of growing. I've always ran from seed (lucky to be sponsored). So I'm excited to play with a crop of identical gals.

The purple punch fast is almost getting there. I've dropped temps to gain good colouration and now it's just the waiting game for prime harvest point.

Couple of pics

Thanks, but why do I want the outer ones dominant? I've been trying to keep everything level especially since I have limited height in my cab. So the dominant ones on the outside edges affect how close they can be to the lights and either they or all the others are not at the optimum height.

I'm just trying to see I'd there is some advantage to having dominant ends that outweighs the uneven canopy issue.
So, having 2 end points higher by half an inch just makes a hungrier plant and more flower at harvest. These sites are furthest away from stem. They get nutrients last, as every other branch or site on a flux draws its uptake first before the dominant ends get fed. So the dom ends constantly ask for more nutrients, this creates a sort of feeding loop.
It's all a bit involved and won't work as efficiently on a quad flux so I wouldn't worry lol.

Hey LA!

First off, so sincerely sorry to hear about your mother. I can understand the pain. It runs in my family. I just try to make it a good trip for them because it’s hard to imagine what they’re experiencing. Stay strong! You may be able to fine tune some meds for her yet!

As far as your plants! The nanner bummer aside woweeee they are beautiful! And for such a fast run! Inspiring! I am growing from clone for the first time and although seedling symmetry is so satisfying, I’m finding that the staggered node growth is good for tip opening. I’m exposing three leafs at a time per tip and maybe getting tighter nodes? Anyway, you’re girls are gorgeous and it’s still early. I’m taking notes for sure!

As for my girls, I intend to go vert soon. Just giving each sight a lil room to breath and I’ll have the basement to work with come early December so I figured wait to flower. Got a 240w led coming soon and I’ve got a 400w hps. So those two should be good for flower. Maybe I’ll do a friendly lil side by side comparison. I have enough pics to start a journal and your kind words were encouraging! I’m pulled in all directions so free times little to none and I’m only taking a minute because my sons home from school with a cold so no work lol. He’s like slimer from ghostbusters and I might get it too but sitting here now I’m thinking I’ll take it lol

This is my second go at fluxing and I did learn a lot about our wonderful girl two summers ago lol but it was half indoor half gorilla grow that had to be yanked because sketchy! Lol. What a crash course. They were tall and well structured just hard to get to and pulled a lil too early. Oh well!

I’m loving these ones that I started on accident, using cfls, then leds, then different leds, a t5 shop light for a couple weeks lol whatever I could lay Em down under lol. So I’ll need all the guidance please sir lol.

I’m thinking spreading her out again next water and one more time when another light comes on Tuesday, semi stacking along the way then another defol before setting her heads in their proper final spots. Here they are before and after a feeding and spread a couple few midnights ago
A8DE8A50-8D8F-4760-83DA-674341CD9C21.jpeg

CD01568B-EA63-4DDB-BB05-44F8DE80DE72.jpeg

And today
7891287E-1DDC-4A4F-B76A-D668963C069C.jpeg

A15C468E-C4BB-4376-AF25-075A582324DD.jpeg

573ACDD6-4B20-4ED1-9844-C4887771355F.jpeg

745F6E70-4B6C-439D-B34B-402F1C27B8AC.jpeg

CF72F0F9-7C6F-4BA8-B5D5-617274559188.jpeg

Pardon my soil and any other ghetto mess lol I put these late in the season unplanned for cuttings in my music room because it’s not one day, it’s day one! Lol enough out of me! Thank you for being you and here, sharing your gift and reading this!

So direct question time: What is tip bruising?
And how would one up his feed ? Especially if he was a feeding newbie that gives his plants fish water and molasses when they pout like a natty Rasta lol

Been thinking about this thread! Can’t wait to see your girls grow! And finish strong! Have a posi day in spite of it all y’all! Peace!

Sooo. BIGGGGG ASK???

Im going through my mom dying slowly but losing herself rapidly due to early onset Alzheimer's.
Do any folks out there in the cyber ether have any first hand experience treating this illness with our plant? Anyone know of any key studies.
It's a bit late for my mom. Yet I'd like to start driving the issue here in the UK.
I'm lucky to be able to be out publicly here. I'm the only 1 out as a grower etc and I've a small platform. So if anyone can shout and make noise for the good of people suffering it should be me I'm thinking.
All help info or input is very welcome and appreciated.
LA, Great to see you, Brother and sorry to hear about your Mom and my delay in replying.

I don't have experience with using cannabis for Alzheimer's Disease but have used it (mostly RSO/CCO) to treat other issues.

However, I did do a quick search and found this, which is a study/analysis of the available studies on using Cannabis to treat AD:

A Review on Studies of Marijuana for Alzheimer’s Disease – Focusing on CBD, THC

In short, the results of the study are:

Results​

These results implied that the CBD components of cannabis might be useful to treat and prevent AD because CBD components could suppress the main causal factors of AD. Moreover, it was suggested that using CBD and THC together could be more useful than using CBD or THC alone.

I can give you some general dosing guidelines which, frankly, you're probably already familiar with, but it's always a test (or trial & error) to find the dose that works. Start small and work your way up, for sure.

Let me know if you have any questions and best wishes to you and your Mom!

AD is almost always worse on the immediate family than the person effected. :(

K

Little update
Plants are looking killer.
Buds are sticky and stinking, meaning stuff all has gotten seeded me thinks. I'll scope them later at lights on to check if ready to chop.
I've immediately got my black rainbow sherbet cuts to go in for a bit of veg 3-4 weeks and flip.

always beautiful. Addict

Well folks I'm gonna go back to the start.

I made my name on here by doing low tech small space grows. Ones where I adapt training to the space. Pulling good weight from wee spaces.

Recently my boy has become to inquisitive. He's 5 going on 20. So having the spare room as my grow space is gonna end badly.
So, I've got to go stealth again. Meaning small hidden space etc will be the name of the game.

I'll stay on this thread, but it will be a whole new journey.
Back to my roots as it were.
Fluxing will also be back 😁

So the space will be getting made out of a garden equipment box. Will fit 2 big fluxes.
I'll be using low tech everything. Yet I'll also be going for Plant of the Year from this space .....

The old LA be coming back. So hold on as I'm gonna be coming after titles once again 😁

So the space will be getting made out of a garden equipment box. Will fit 2 big fluxes.
I'll be using low tech everything. Yet I'll also be going for Plant of the Year from this space .....

The old LA be coming back. So hold on as I'm gonna be coming after titles once again 😁
That sounds excellent LA, I can't wait. :ganjamon:

I made my name on here by doing low tech small space grows. Ones where I adapt training to the space. Pulling good weight from wee spaces.

Recently my boy has become to inquisitive. He's 5 going on 20. So having the spare room as my grow space is gonna end badly.
So, I've got to go stealth again. Meaning small hidden space etc will be the name of the game.

Come and get em brother!:green_heart:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
:popcorn:

Really basic kit.

I've already got the box, buying the other bits at weekend. Then the build next week.

You might want to consider something with a little more vertical height than that garden box, maybe something like one of those plastic storage sheds?

The only issue I see (other than some light-proofing) is that, depending on the container you grow in, you're gonna lose about 1' in vertical height just to make room for the roots. Then, depending on what light you use, you'll lose another 1', or so, to keep the distance from the plants. I'm guessing that box is only about 3'-4' high which would only give you room for 1'-2' tall plants, unless the lights are above the box and you keep the top open, but that would compromise your stealth.

I've seen your fluxes, so I'm sure you can get the box filled, it's just not a lot of vertical room to play with.

You might want to consider something with a little more vertical height than that garden box, maybe something like one of those plastic storage sheds?

The only issue I see (other than some light-proofing) is that, depending on the container you grow in, you're gonna lose about 1' in vertical height just to make room for the roots. Then, depending on what light you use, you'll lose another 1', or so, to keep the distance from the plants. I'm guessing that box is only about 3'-4' high which would only give you room for 1'-2' tall plants, unless the lights are above the box and you keep the top open, but that would compromise your stealth.

I've seen your fluxes, so I'm sure you can get the box filled, it's just not a lot of vertical room to play with.
He he he 🤣
I'm happy as can be with my tiny space. Light is fitted. Outtake fan fitted. I'm getting a true hepa filter for the exhaust point. Both intake and outtake fans run silent and run from 1 USB socket.
As for vert space, I've a few tricks I'll be using to sort vertical issues.
First is I'll be using a bed of perlite to sit my cloth pots in (wicking bed). This will increase root mass quite a bit. The box is 2.5 foot tall. I'm using flat led panels designed for shelf growing. So my light takes less than half an inch out of space. Even with full uncut 8 gal pots X 3 it gives me 1.25 foot for vertical growth. I will probably cut them down to about 1ft tall, giving me 1.5 for plants. Aaaand YES FLUXING IS KEY. Colas start about an inch from soil level. 😁

The whole point is stealth. My boy is now 5 going on 25 lol and will blow my operation and land me in real bother, especially if I continued to do my spare room with tent etc.
This will sit at bottom of our master bed and will be totally quiet. Hepa filter means zero smell. I've some M4Cpet (or something like that name lol) it's the most reflective material in the world. If I can find my stash, that is what will line the box. All will be taped and sealed properly of course lol.

Then to be honest plant training to fit small spaces was always my real passion. I love a challenge, I can't wait to get going.

Beans are being germinated as we speak.
Hawaiian snow X wedding cake x gelato 33 by greenhouse seeds

All this is being done on zero budget. The hepa filter and 2 fans is all I'm buying new.

The flat carbon filter panels I had put in previous post will be used to cover intake for extra odour control 😜

Back
Top Bottom