LKABudMan Grows In Soil: White Widow, Hindu Kush, & Purple Haze Fem Photos, FFHF Soil, Sponsored By Prescription Blend

From my homebrewing experience, I know how difficult different water sources can be. Great job of finding that balance.

One question I have about the nutrients. Right now I am watering every 5-6 days. Should I feed every time, or feed and water alternately? Will feeding the plants every time cause too much nutrients?

Thanks again @Prescription Blend for all of your help on this grow!
From your posts it seems you get a good amount of run off, you can feed every time or alternate water depending on what your garden likes.

If the plants are growing vigorously then feeding each time and discarding some run off from each plant is fine. It looks like you have a peat media with perlite added, in this type of setup many growers alternate: feed, feed, water or feed every time.

Prescription Blend sponsored journal
Date: 12/12/21

Strains - Hindu Kush, Purple Haze, and White Widow - All fem and photo.
Light height and reading - 20 Inches away - 15-18k LUX
Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog + 10% perlite in 2gal cloth pots
Nutrients - @Prescription Blend
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Grow space - 32x32x60 tent in basement
Extraction - Mars Hydro 4" Variable Speed Extraction fan
Days since last feed:0
Days since last water:4

I got my new exhaust fan installed on the veg tent. It is variable speed, which I really need for this tent. The lung room is shared with the flower tent, so it is dryer and cooler than I would like for the veg tent. I need enough airflow to remove the humidity, but not so much that it gets to cold and dry. The new variable seed fan works perfectly. Thanks @Mars Hydro.

Four days since the last watering, Jenny was dry this morning. I mixed up some @Prescription Blend and gave her a good fertigation. She took 3 liters, with about 400ml runoff.

I did some more LST on Abby. I really like the way she is opening up after being topped. She is the next dryest, and will probably need fertigation tomorrow.

Betty is still a bit behind her sisters, but she is stil moving along.

I am still not seeing much movement from KC3. I have not given up on her yet, but it is not looking good.

Happy Growing!

Looking good there Budman!!! I would love to try out the @Prescription Blend nutrients on my next run!

Strain - Abby - Hindu Kush photo fem
Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog + 10% perlite in 2gal cloth pot
Days since last water:5

Abby was right behind her cousin and was pretty dry this morning. She took 2.5L of nutrients, with 200ml runoff (tested at 2290ppm/6.2pH). She looks good and is quickly growing out of her current LST.
I was leary of growing in soil after my first grow in Hydro/DWC. There is something very satisfying, though, to watering the soil plants. Watching the soil saturate, then hearing the water and air suck down through the soil. Very soothing and relaxing. Working from home, I can see scheduling 1/2 hour breaks to go down and water the plants.

Happy Growing!

Thanks @UncleGreen . Abby, the Hindu Kush, is the first plant I have tried topping. I figured, why top and get two tops when you can fim and get four? However, I really like the structure that topping creates, and so far she has been really easy to LST and spread out. I think I will try topping more in the future. BTW, if you like the Hindu Kush you should look at Lorraine from my first grow journal. She is really looking great.

I won the new exhaust fan on here from the Mars Hydro black Friday giveaway... I never win anything. Right now I am just venting into my basement, but it is a pretty big area with a dehumidifier. Still, I would like to get better fresh air in there, so I am considering putting in a ventilation fan. Maybe next summer...

Awesome start budman, I'm glad the nutrients helped save them. I have not tried or heard of the product line before, when I started ff was everywhere and had high reviews so that's where I went. But I may have to look into them for the next go around. But all looks great even the KC3 lol I bet when she's stabilizes she's going to burst with growth. I'ma follow along as your new to soil as well and I can prolly learn alot from watching this thread. Keep it up.

Welcome @HappyHazmat88 glad to have you here. I am really loving everything about @Prescription Blend nutrients so far. The plants, especially Abby, were in pretty rough shape before. KC3 still is not showing any movement, but you never know :)
Happy Growing.

Welcome @HappyHazmat88 glad to have you here. I am really loving everything about @Prescription Blend nutrients so far. The plants, especially Abby, were in pretty rough shape before. KC3 still is not showing any movement, but you never know :)
Happy Growing.
From what I have learned in the past year...never give up... shi......Things happen lol and thanks for having me I'm always looking to read more :)

Thanks @Krissi1982 Yes they are! Good watering practices and some great nutes are doing wonders for these girls, despite my constant attention ;) It is a good thing I have a camera in there or I would be opening the tent every hour:laugh:
You'll get used to it and you will stop being a helicopter dad I promise. Those nutrients and good watering habits and love...they do wonders

Strain - Abby - Hindu Kush photo fem
Medium - Fox Farms Happy Frog + 10% perlite in 2gal cloth pot
Days since last water:5

Abby was right behind her cousin and was pretty dry this morning. She took 2.5L of nutrients, with 200ml runoff (tested at 2290ppm/6.2pH). She looks good and is quickly growing out of her current LST.
I was leary of growing in soil after my first grow in Hydro/DWC. There is something very satisfying, though, to watering the soil plants. Watching the soil saturate, then hearing the water and air suck down through the soil. Very soothing and relaxing. Working from home, I can see scheduling 1/2 hour breaks to go down and water the plants.

Happy Growing!
I'm glad your enjoying the soil grow.
You seem to have adapted very well.
Girs look happy. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

I'm glad your enjoying the soil grow.
You seem to have adapted very well.
Girs look happy. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks Bill. It took me a while to learn how to water, but I feel like I have it now :) And of course a lot of the credit goes to @Prescription Blend - Those nutes are rocking it!

Thanks Bill. It took me a while to learn how to water, but I feel like I have it now :) And of course a lot of the credit goes to @Prescription Blend - Those nutes are rocking it!
@Prescription Blend nutrients are fantastic.
They really know their stuff and they are great people to deal with.
Helpful and knowledgeable.
Home run every time.
Keep up the good work my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @LKABudMan decided I needed to return the favour. Looking good man! Those @Prescription Blend organics seem to have really turned your girls around! Can't wait to see how the topping and training turns out. It's always a bit scary at first to try new techniques. I tent to watch videos for days before I try something new haha. This is what 420 is great at though! This community and your own skills combined will result in some nice smoke for you I'm sure of it :)

Welcome aboard @Moony I am an engineer at heart and love to experiment. I fimmed all of the plants in my first grow, which is finishing up now (I hope). This time I wanted to see the difference in the training methods. I am glad I did, too. It had definitely given me some ideas for the next grow. I agree that it would be much harder without this community behind us :) I am ready for my first ever legal weed as well.:bongrip:
Happy Growing.

I tightened up the LST on Abby. Also tried out my cannabenders with Jenny. Jenny is already getting light and will need nutes soon. Betty will get fed tomorrow. KC3 got a little nutes around the perimeter.

Check your clips after a couple/fee days! You may need to remove them; if so, try to just GENTLY slide them off. I found it was easiest to take all the ones off that I had put on at the same time (6 in one LST session was the most I have done), then wait a day or two and pick the next set of sites to bend. This way I didnt have to ask myself, “Was this one here yesterday? Damn, I cant remember!”.

The word of the day: GENTLY
;)

Back
Top Bottom