LL'sBestGo's: Variety Pro-Mix HP LED Grow

Full Tent
Day 80
20210107_070541.jpg

Mystery Seed #2
6 weeks
20210107_070714.jpg

The 3 largest plants are running out of height considering how much they'll grow throughout flowering..
so I'll be switching the lights to 12/12 on/off next week beginning flowering.​

On to...
Day 87
starting of the flowering light cycle
Day 1
full tent
20210114_074017.jpg
Light is now set on a warmer spectrum - 12/12 on/off
I transplanted one of the seedlings, moved the rest out/chopped a couple of them, & finishing with these 4.
keeping one male separated from the tent for a quick pollen run as well, from the 4 seedlings
& I'll be using GH General Organics Biothrive Bloom for flowering​

On to...
Day 87
starting of the flowering light cycle
Day 1
full tent
20210114_074017.jpg
Light is now set on a warmer spectrum - 12/12 on/off
I transplanted one of the seedlings, moved the rest out/chopped a couple of them, & finishing with these 4.
keeping one male separated from the tent for a quick pollen run as well, from the 4 seedlings
& I'll be using GH General Organics Biothrive Bloom for flowering​
Gorgeous.

Lots of pruning & training done today on the 3 largest plants, it was a mess below the canopy
& I watered the 3 largest plants..
they should recover from the training by the next update​
Lemon Sour Diesel
OG #7
Frost Boss
Blueberry
20210116_102814.jpg
It's difficult to get a decent photo inside the tent, the light spectrum differentiates with each photo..
The actual light spectrum looks closer to this than it does in the previous photo​

still a mess actually, not going as planned at all

There seems to be inconsistent color on the foliage, but I'm not sure that's a definitive sign of a problem.
no burnt tips, just some leaves are darker green than others

There is still some reddening/purpling of the stems as well
Mystery Seed #2's stem was thoroughly green, however the Frost Boss strain I kept going instead has stretched much more & has a purple/red stem somewhat.
I'm not sure why the stems aren't entirely green

Also is it normal for the base of a plant to be slightly narrower than above when they are starting off?

definitely training differently & doing less plants on the next grow..​

Also having electrical issues in other areas of the house (nothing too serious), so the spectrum ended up resetting when the power was shut off to fix it & I changed the light spectrum afterwards.
Still haven't fixed it, and once it's fixed I'll probably be changing the spectrum again.
Hopefully they don't respond poorly to the spectrum changes & end up hermie..​

Frost Boss started getting taller than the rest when raised as it was, & started getting closer than I'd prefer to the light.
up-potted the Frost Boss (mob boss x time wreck, 50/50 cross)
here's how it went​
First, prepared the soil, amended with Jobe's & some additional dolomite lime, used the previous pot to create a mold before transplanting
20210125_130408.jpg
Second, removed plant from the container. Here's some roots. Seems they didn't care as much for the upper layers of soil..
20210125_130858.jpg
Third, set the plant in the mold, & topped off with a bit of soil
-
20210125_130614.jpg
Fourth, decided to use some Hydroton expanded clay in place of a mulch, & placed into garden after fed to continue
20210125_132700.jpg

I'd have preferred using another mulch but this is what I had on hand to serve a similar purpose.

I want to convert the leftover fan leaves into a mulch for future use for growing Cannabis.
Does anyone have any recommendation on doing so?

& for those who don't know
Benefits of mulch are amazing ; Here's a blog from Royal Queen Seeds on mulching if anyone's interested.
What is Mulch & How to use it for Cannabis cultivation

Side note: all of the plants have received their first feed of flowering nutrients​

Frost Boss started getting taller than the rest when raised as it was, & started getting closer than I'd prefer to the light.
up-potted the Frost Boss (mob boss x time wreck, 50/50 cross)
here's how it went​
First, prepared the soil, amended with Jobe's & some additional dolomite lime, used the previous pot to create a mold before transplanting
20210125_130408.jpg
Second, removed plant from the container. Here's some roots. Seems they didn't care as much for the upper layers of soil..
20210125_130858.jpg
Third, set the plant in the mold, & topped off with a bit of soil
-
20210125_130614.jpg
Fourth, decided to use some Hydroton expanded clay in place of a mulch, & placed into garden after fed to continue
20210125_132700.jpg

I'd have preferred using another mulch but this is what I had on hand to serve a similar purpose.

I want to convert the leftover fan leaves into a mulch for future use for growing Cannabis.
Does anyone have any recommendation on doing so?

& for those who don't know
Benefits of mulch are amazing ; Here's a blog from Royal Queen Seeds on mulching if anyone's interested.
What is Mulch & How to use it for Cannabis cultivation

Side note: all of the plants have received their first feed of flowering nutrients​
I take all of my leaf trimmings and let them dry till they crumble. I crush them all up real fine and add to my old soil with coffee grounds and tea bag tea. I mix all together and in 3 months the soil is ready for another run. You have to make sure that you grind your old soil up really well or your old roots will not be able to break down fast enough for the 3 months reuse. This is what I do with mine. If you miss big pieces of the old root it has a chance of creating problems for you.

I'll be going through the plants doing some pruning, repositioning, and possibly some training i.e. topping or bending here soon before the next weekly update..
- to increase the airflow, fill empty spaces, deliver more light to the lower buds & for purposes of repositioning the plants closer together so they're each more directly under the lights & not running into each other.

Also had a thought & somewhat of a question of relevance..
Overlapping leaves, how much do they decrease the light that the shaded leaf receives ?
Kind of as in how much % of light passes through 1 leaf & how that affects the photosynthesis of shaded areas.
Granted leaves aren't like flat pieces of paper & have openings between each leaf blade for light to pass through.
I imagine leaves block some of the light though which would decrease photosynthesis of the shaded areas.
Might be a good topic too know about in order to determine how & when it's practical to prune/train, if at all that is.
Efficacy of pruning would probably depend on a number of other factors as well i.e. lighting, training, strain, etc.
So I'm not trying to say Overlapping leaves would be the sole determining factor, but perhaps a sign of potential areas to prune depending on the circumstances?
if that's at all even relevant to pruning?

Had another thought for later on - if my plants stretch out too much & get too close to the light, so I don't burn the plants with the light intensity I may end up decreasing the amount of light later on in flowering. Hopefully that wont be necessary & they grow compact enough from here on so that it isn't a concern.

& Here we go
1st day in tent, on 18/6 light/day cycle for veg. cycle​
Lemon Sour Diesel & Cherry Diesel Clone
20201020_165017.jpg
RudeBoi OG #7 Clone
20201020_171155.jpg
Blueberry Clone
20201020_171124.jpg
Mystery Seed
20201020_164833.jpg
Full tent
Lemon Sour Diesel mother on the right​
20201020_165311.jpg

I haven't fed any of the plants yet at this point aside from the mother plant.

With the mystery seed I may feed @ ~ 25 - 50 ppm and up the strength to ~100 ppm @ about 3 - 4 sets of leaves.

Clones will start feeding @ ~ 25 - 50 ppm soon

recommended PPM just for reference​
Seedlings : 100-250​
First Half of Veg. Cycle : 300-400​
Second Half of Veg. : 450-700​

First Half of Flowering: 750-950​
Second Half of Flowering: 1000-1600​
End of Flower, Entering Harvest: 0​

PH
6.0-7.0​
so sweeet !!!!

so many different strain

damn why it is so harsh here still !!

looks amazing !!

me too im in led !! check ma grow

need few advice , it's too hot here

ps , the plant on right is too small for that big pot , it's that 10 gallon pot ?

ps , the plant on right is too small for that big pot , it's that 10 gallon pot ?
That plant on the right ended up getting chopped.. didn't need it anymore
The pots are 5 gallons each, but that was still too large imo. Would have grown better if not for all the other issues, & even more so had I properly up-potted. Also I could have filled the pots up with more soil.
Lesson learned

Gave the Lemon Sour Diesel, OG #7, & Blueberry some tap water today..
I've been alternating in between watering & feeding now & it's working out. Feed, Feed, Water, sometimes less feeding & more watering or vice versa.
&
also have been less concerned with Ph as I've been feeding microbes in the soil & have further buffered the soil with some dolomite lime.

Here they are today with the lights off for actual color, not the best image though​
20210202_181336.jpg
It's not looking like the buds will be as large as I'd like, but they are each looking of decent quality.
Hopefully without making the previous errors on the next grow it'll turn out closer to what I'd prefer & won't take as long.
Anyways it's looking like these might work out well enough even with all the issues they've had so I'm just trying to see them through to the finish.
Just around 2 more months I'm guessing
:yummy::ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom