Magical Mystery Clone Tour

Hey Peeece, good to see you around. It’s beautiful today but yesterday and last night were miserable. Smooth sailing from here on I hope!

I know what you mean! I told the gf that there was no way I was going to snowblow the driveway after April 1... Its a good thing I drive a 4X4 truck! lol! Its BULLSHIT! lol...

Love the plants! Calcium deficient or not, they are packing it on!! I'm really into your lights! @Guy Cavallero was giving me the run down! And I completely agree that its starts from the top down! You seem to be nailing it! Great job dude!

Drained, flushed with a bit of Sledgehammer, and refilled. 90 gallons in all. No wonder I have to eat cat food and Top Ramen. The plants eat better than I do! Ok, not really. I had sole meunière with a wonderful salad drizzled with a balsamic dressing for dinner, but that's beside the point. 30 gallons to flush. 30 gallons to refill. And 30 gallons to fill the main supply res. I hit it with nitrogen-free cal-mag, increased the pH to 6.2 temporarily to combat the calcium deficiency, and reduced the nute strength to a total of 760ppm Hanna. In a few days I hope to see some improvement but if not, oh well. Life goes on.

As @OntarioGro17 told you on Thursday. Credit where it's due!
How do you even remember this stuff, Shed? I don't remember this morning! But yes, OG was right. And what first appeared as a non-systemic problem reared its ugly head into a full-fledged deficiency.

I spend less time contemplating other people's navels than you do.

I thought OG said lower your pH.
Navels, nipples, noses, naughty bits. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.
He did, but everything I've read in the past indicated that low pH is a contributing factor in calcium deficiencies.
To wit:
Calcium deficiencies are more likely to appear when...
  • Grower is using filtered or reverse osmosis (RO) water to feed plants - the amount of calcium found in tap water varies, but some tap water has enough calcium to prevent calcium deficiencies
  • Growing cannabis in hydroponics with nutrients that don't supplement calcium or when growing in water that has less than 6.2 pH
  • Growing cannabis in coco coir that hasn't been supplemented with calcium or below 6.2 pH

Navels, nipples, noses, naughty bits. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.
He did, but everything I've read in the past indicated that low pH is a contributing factor in calcium deficiencies.
To wit:
Calcium deficiencies are more likely to appear when...
  • Growing cannabis in hydroponics with nutrients that don't supplement calcium or when growing in water that has less than 6.2 pH
That seems pretty clear cut!

One week is all it took to go from lush and green to full on calcium deficiency symptoms. Further research shows that a number of environmental factors can mimic cal def. I've reduced temps and humidity, reduced the nutrient strength and increased the pH.

But DAMN! Look at the size of those colas coming on! If they fill out like last time they're going to be monsters.

One week is all it took to go from lush and green to full on calcium deficiency symptoms. Further research shows that a number of environmental factors can mimic cal def. I've reduced temps and humidity, reduced the nutrient strength and increased the pH.
But DAMN! Look at the size of those colas coming on! If they fill out like last time they're going to be monsters.
Gotta be some dispensary willing to take that off your hands, if not a medical patient.

@Bonsaiweed, I checked out the O2 Stone system. Simple electrolysis to break the H2O into hydrogen and oxygen. It'd be simple enough to DIY, but what do you do with the excess hydrogen? I grow in a sealed room. The Hindenburg comes to mind. LOL

Back
Top Bottom