Mars Hydro FC-3000 Shines Down On Babygirl’s Sour Livers In DWC: Sponsored Grow

Bucket changes can get sketchy when you gotta monster on your hands. Looking good babygirl
Thanks Caddie! She’s doing better than I had ever dreamed!

Aaaah soil......
:circle-of-love:

But that Liv though!! She makes DWS seem not to far off an idea for me...although I will still keep my soil
LOL - I know what you mean Krissi; when you’re comfortable in one medium it makes it hard to just switch to something else!

The soil, especially that soil, will keep them happy with nothing else for a lot longer than most of us ever let that happen. I usually start my nutes when the second set of real leaves is out. I have never once gone as long as these plants before beginning nutes. But it just goes to show how much "stuff" is actually in the soil. Those girls look healthy as hell and as if they have no needs whatsoever. I wonder if he is going to try and pull that off for the entirety of the grow? I would have my doubts that just the soil and distilled water will keep them happy through flower with no deficiencies, but what do I know? I'd think the soil would "run out" of nutes (plant used them all) before then or at least by then. Very interesting. Do you know the age of those plants?
They are about 2 weeks behind mine, so about 50 days? They had a REAL slow start though; i say it was because he was using a blurple. I gave him my two TS-600s when @Mars Hydro sent me the FC-3000 and once he put them under the TS-600s, well they just blew up.

As for JD’s plans for the rest of the grow he wants to see how things go and as long as there aren't any problems he probably wont do much. I DID mention to him how @Krissi1982 wrote up a soil grow guide for my noobie soil self (I know girl - I still have to get you my questions; its on today’s to-do list!) and mentioned additives like castings, guano, etc. He was like “Why didnt you tell me?” and I said it was because I didnt know *lol* - I did promise him I would pass on the information.

But I agree - for just soil and distilled water I’m pretty impressed! And this is his first ever grow!

Thanks Caddie! She’s doing better than I had ever dreamed!

:):):)
LOL - I know what you mean Krissi; when you’re comfortable in one medium it makes it hard to just switch to something else!

:p I know!!
They are about 2 weeks behind mine, so about 50 days? They had a REAL slow start though because he was using a blurple. I gave hime my two TS-600s when @Mars Hydro sent me the FC-3000 and once he put them under the TS-600s they just blew up.

As for JD’s plans for the rest of the grow he wants to see how things go and as long as there arent any problems he probably wont do much. I DID mention to him how @Krissi1982 wrote up a soil grow guide for me noobie soil self (I know girl - I still have to get you my questions; its on today’s to-do list!) and mentioned additives like castings, guano, etc. He was like “Why didnt you tell me?” and I said it was because I didnt know *lol* - I did promise him I would pass on the information.

But I agree - for just soil and distilled water I’m pretty impressed! And this is his first ever grow!
Hahahaha lack of disclosure.....tell him it was a case of plausible deniability but he is doing great!

Okay @InTheShed ! Here is an overall pic from the top (where I need your arrows to show me what to snip) and then three shots of small budlet areas that are inside and towards the bottom (circled in red) … are those circled ones things I should also consider trimming out?

I can't wait to see her day after the snip

What a magnificent plant!
:yummy:
Thanks Felipe! Btw, last night I snuck a shot of calmag into the eater I added into her bucket (still seeing those nasty little brown marks even towards the top).

I can't wait to see her day after the snip
I feel like I snipped so much off her the last time she’s gonna revolt soon if I snip more! *lol*

Thanks Felipe! Btw, last night I snuck a shot of calmag into the eater I added into her bucket (still seeing those nasty little brown marks even towards the top).

I feel like I snipped so much off her the last time she’s gonna revolt soon if I snip more! *lol*
She wants to give you big buds and minimal larf, she wants you to snip her :)

She wants to give you big buds and minimal larf, she wants you to snip her :)
I count about what LOOKS will be about 10 really nice buds just around the top; I swear this is one of those things where pictures just cant accurately show what I mean. I mean, from the overhead pic I put here for Shed, it looks like its barely flowering; but when you actually LOOK at her she’s got what looks like almost LARGE marble sized budlets running up and down her stems on those 10 stems I’m talking about

Okay @InTheShed ! Here is an overall pic from the top (where I need your arrows to show me what to snip) and then three shots of small budlet areas that are inside and towards the bottom (circled in red) … are those circled ones things I should also consider trimming out?
On behalf of Jon ;) thanks for the pics! Rather than circling individual fan leaves, I would just recommend that you find the ones covering a bud and remove it, kind of like the ones you used to tuck. I don't think you have to worry about the plant revolting unless you take a whole bunch at once, but 10 fans the plant won't notice. Then a couple of days later you can see if you need to remove a few more.

In terms of the circled larfy buds, I would certainly take off anything on the interior that was on the lowest third of the plant. Given the sativa-like structure I wouldn't trim any further up than that.

Once you've taken the fans blocking the buds, I would start taking a few from the very interior (where you plucked the larf) to make sure you will have good airflow. Just a few every day until you can feel the air from the fan through the bottom. It's going to get even denser as the buds grow and airflow is good for plant.

Really? Hey @Grandpa Tokin ! What do you think of them??
I love them. I can tell they will be easy for me to drain when the girls get big…

I answered in my journal also…when I wasn’t stoned. :Namaste:
If you don't hear back from him (he doesn't hang around here like he used to), drop your question in his thread.
Chill my brotha…I’m all over it…like a fat boy on a cookie. :rofl:

On behalf of Jon ;) thanks for the pics! Rather than circling individual fan leaves, I would just recommend that you find the ones covering a bud and remove it, kind of like the ones you used to tuck. I don't think you have to worry about the plant revolting unless you take a whole bunch at once, but 10 fans the plant won't notice. Then a couple of days later you can see if you need to remove a few more.

In terms of the circled larfy buds, I would certainly take off anything on the interior that was on the lowest third of the plant. Given the sativa-like structure I wouldn't trim any further up than that.

Once you've taken the fans blocking the buds, I would start taking a few from the very interior (where you plucked the larf) to make sure you will have good airflow. Just a few every day until you can feel the air from the fan through the bottom. It's going to get even denser as the buds grow and airflow is good for plant.
I think I can do that!

Thank you kindly! Yeah - with as big as my (supposed) auto is, I think I need to get one asap. I’m tried of trying to lift her in and out of her bucket and constantly breaking off lower leaves in the process! Already have to liquid transfer pump so should make the last few weeks a bit easier!

Aaaah soil...... :circle-of-love:

But that Liv though!! She makes DWS seem not to far off an idea for me...although I will still keep my soil
That's where I am K!

@InTheShed - thank you and brilliant. @csjbabygirl313, see why I recommended Shed? Lol. No offense to anyone else, plenty of folks here are capable of helping too, he's just invested in your grow. This is awesome.

That's where I am K!

@InTheShed - thank you and brilliant. @csjbabygirl313, see why I recommended Shed? Lol. No offense to anyone else, plenty of folks here are capable of helping too, he's just invested in your grow. This is awesome.
Also, can you please for sure take that trio of huge fan leaves to the right of that bud in the center, around 1 o'clock-ish, that you can see at a glance are covering, like, more than one bud site each? Please?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That's where I am K!

I do see why and thank you both!

Also, can you please for sure take that trio of huge fan leaves to the right of that bud in the center, around 1 o'clock-ish, that you can see at a glance are covering, like, more than one bud site each? Please?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Lol - will do; tomorrow I’ll work on the center area and then each day one or two here and there.

Looking good!
I’d, (and I did :D) prune off the lowest popcorns from 1/3
They prob never see day light and when snipped off, plant focuses more energy into the upper 2/3 canopy.

Happy growing
:passitleft:

Looking good!
I’d, (and I did :D) prune off the lowest popcorns from 1/3
They prob never see day light and when snipped off, plant focuses more energy into the upper 2/3 canopy.

Happy growing
:passitleft:
Thanks Verbalist! Yup - she’ll be getting her trim later today when she wakes up from her “nap” (12:00-4:00) ;).

I’ve given up on trying to use the fan to control both temp and humidity, so the mini heater is in there as well as the cool mist humidifier. And now that I’ve got my new tent pole shelves I was able to put my camera back in and my hygrometer at the plant’s canopy level within view of the camera.

I’d like to find an AC infinity temperature/humidity controller that I can plug my own heater and humidifier into, but can’t seem to find one; I did find an Inkbird that meets that need - anyone have any experience with them?

So I had to put the humidifier back on in the tent this morning (too damn dry). No problem. Filled it up, plugged it in, turned it on. Showered, cleaned up some stuff, did some laundry, went and met Mom for lunch. Came home and looked at my hygrometer. FRIGGING 97.1% humidity! o_O

My dumb azz didnt plug the humidifier into the SWITCHED side of the power strip so it would go off when lights went off. *heads desk* …

So I had to put the humidifier back on in the tent this morning (too damn dry). No problem. Filled it up, plugged it in, turned it on. Showered, cleaned up some stuff, did some laundry, went and met Mom for lunch. Came home and looked at my hygrometer. FRIGGING 97.1% humidity! o_O

My dumb azz didnt plug the humidifier into the SWITCHED side of the power strip so it would go off when lights went off. *heads desk* …
One night of that ain't gonna hurt em. Might wanna try to not repeat that though. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey curious - what was the Rh that you deemed "too damn dry?"

Back
Top Bottom