Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

You've got a super fancy sensor....does it automatically log data? That would be so freaking sexy if one could just drop some probes in the res and spend most of the time checking the solution via an app.

"Alexa! What's my EC?"
This one doesn’t unfortunately. There is a fancier Blue Lab one which does log data though. I think @Northern Hydro has some of those in her setup.

So I think that the yellowing is just that the ladies are hungry. They will have been burning through N like mad. Tomorrow I'm going to switch up to my Week 4 recipe, which includes PK918 bloom boost in place of Flower Burst.

It fascinates me to see how the plant has chosen which leaves need to go. To see her deliberately cannibalising the leaves blocking bud sites. Here is one of the larger fan leaves, over a flower. There are lower fan leaves than this one that aren't yellow. The plant is sacrificing this one for the sake of her flowering site. It's fascinating to see.

Here is the leaf covering the bud site.

Here is the bud site it is covering.

This one doesn’t unfortunately. There is a fancier Blue Lab one which does log data though. I think @Northern Hydro has some of those in her setup.
I bought the flash drive etc to monitor it on my phone and connect to computer yadda yadda but you have to be within range . And I found it kind of useless . As long as you note your daily readings , and follow the Bible , you will have no problems :)
I just like to see the numbers at a glance instead of a dip etc .
these two ( ph probes) are in the same bucket ( because I lost a plant ) note the difference !!! One prob tells me to adjust , the other is ok - I figure they are somewhere in the middle.
here’s a pic :)
Good luck !

image.jpg

So I think that the yellowing is just that the ladies are hungry. They will have been burning through N like mad. Tomorrow I'm going to switch up to my Week 4 recipe, which includes PK918 bloom boost in place of Flower Burst.

Hey there I hope all is well. is this the same plants we were talking about this morning.?

Same problem over in this space with the yellowing leafs??

Hey there I hope all is well. is this the same plants we were talking about this morning.?

Same problem over in this space with the yellowing leafs??
Hey @KCCO 77 . Thanks again for earlier. Appreciate you getting back to me even while you were at work, you didnt need to do that :peace:

They're actually different plants, but same strain (Blue Kush). These are at Day 17, the others were Day 47 in my other journal.

I'm thinking these ladies are ready for Week 4 feed. This will be a little stronger and has a different boost. I'm guessing they are ready for it. I think this is also what @Tokin Roll was referring to.

What do you guys think?

I bought the flash drive etc to monitor it on my phone and connect to computer yadda yadda but you have to be within range . And I found it kind of useless . As long as you note your daily readings , and follow the Bible , you will have no problems :)
I just like to see the numbers at a glance instead of a dip etc .
these two ( ph probes) are in the same bucket ( because I lost a plant ) note the difference !!! One prob tells me to adjust , the other is ok - I figure they are somewhere in the middle.
here’s a pic :)
Good luck !

image.jpg
Thats good to know :thumb: Thanks

With that sensor reading being off, i notice your EC is at 0, is that because the EC sensor isnt in the solution? That also has the temperature sensor which affects the PH reading.

Otherwise it could just be calibration, have you calibrated recently? PH probes are so sensitive too. Even left out to dry can damage them irreparably, i've gone through a few of them.

My PH pens give me different readings to the Guardians, and each other :rofl: as you say, split the difference, and hope it's somewhere in the middle.

Beautiful little lady you have there :green_heart:

Thats good to know :thumb: Thanks

With that sensor reading being off, i notice your EC is at 0, is that because the EC sensor isnt in the solution? That also has the temperature sensor which affects the PH reading.

Otherwise it could just be calibration, have you calibrated recently? PH probes are so sensitive too. Even left out to dry can damage them irreparably, i've gone through a few of them.

My PH pens give me different readings to the Guardians, and each other :rofl: as you say, split the difference, and hope it's somewhere in the middle.

Beautiful little lady you have there :green_heart:
The ph and temp are the same prob .. I only have one of the ec probs in..other one is laying on the floor of the tent. I don’t think they need to be in a solution when not in use like the ph pens ? Guess I’ll find out next time I have to use it haha
that lil one is a dwarf ..just a quick bucket ..hydro is so much faster ..but work ..spring is around the corner then summer sun and I like to spend more time in the sun vs. The indoor garden..... so The new babies are soil ;)
:Namaste:

Hey @KCCO 77 . Thanks again for earlier. Appreciate you getting back to me even while you were at work, you didnt need to do that :peace:

They're actually different plants, but same strain (Blue Kush). These are at Day 17, the others were Day 47 in my other journal.

I'm thinking these ladies are ready for Week 4 feed. This will be a little stronger and has a different boost. I'm guessing they are ready for it. I think this is also what @Tokin Roll was referring to.

What do you guys think?
Food increase may be a good idea.
What kind of cal/ mg you using?

Some cal/ mags have a higher N and different brand’s allow you to tweak you mix’s slightly for different ages of flower

I use this in veg because it has a higher N and lower Cal
BFAD4E8E-FAB5-4783-A440-E47A41FC616C.jpeg

After week three of flower I switch to this and start tweaking my mixes
D0A3B2B6-D416-4038-AF1C-0CCD92DF6493.jpeg

It has higher Cal for the plants and a lower N. plants like a bit more cal week 3 through 6 of flower.

Again I feed much higher and am looking to cut N a bit in week 4.

This is what I was saying this morning. I run a real mishmash of different things through flower. All in a very basic mix but always changing.

Hey guys, to @KCCO 77 and anyone else who uses Green Planet nutrients,

I'm debating pulling the trigger on:

Hydro Fuel Grow
Hydro Fuel Bloom
CalMag
Liquid Weight
Rezin
and
Terpinator
Purpinator

I wanted to use this with my existing boosts as i get on well with them. But wanted to try Green Planet in place of my existing base. I like the idea of having the entire base from a single nutrient line. At the moment i'm mixing a few different lines.

I have a couple of questions:

- Can i use Terpinator/Purpinator with my other bloom boosts without fear of a lockout?
- When would you typically feed Rezin. They say all the way through, but is that really necessary? Can it be fed the last few weeks for example?

I use this in veg because it has a higher N and lower Cal
BFAD4E8E-FAB5-4783-A440-E47A41FC616C.jpeg

After week three of flower I switch to this and start tweaking my mixes
D0A3B2B6-D416-4038-AF1C-0CCD92DF6493.jpeg

It has higher Cal for the plants and a lower N. plants like a bit more cal week 3 through 6 of flower.

Again I feed much higher and am looking to cut N a bit in week 4.

This is what I was saying this morning. I run a real mishmash of different things through flower. All in a very basic mix but always changing.
Thanks @KCCO 77 - We use exactly the same nutrients, for the same reason.

I use Botanicare CalMag Plus for first 3 weeks, and switch to TA Calcium Magnesium (formerly Calimagic) afterwards. I think these ladies, or this strain, really burns through N.

I'm looking at switching Botanicare for the Green Planet CalMag if i try their line as that is also 2-0-0 I believe.

I also currently run a right mix mash. I use Canna Aqua base, 2 different calmags, buddhas Tree and Atami boosts - but it works. I would like to consolidate it a little, which is why im thinking of trying the Green Planet stuff.

Hey guys, to @KCCO 77 and anyone else who uses Green Planet nutrients,

I'm debating pulling the trigger on:

Hydro Fuel Grow
Hydro Fuel Bloom
CalMag
Liquid Weight
Rezin
and
Terpinator
Purpinator

I wanted to use this with my existing boosts as i get on well with them. But wanted to try Green Planet in place of my existing base. I like the idea of having the entire base from a single nutrient line. At the moment i'm mixing a few different lines.

I have a couple of questions:

- Can i use Terpinator/Purpinator with my other bloom boosts without fear of a lockout?
- When would you typically feed Rezin. They say all the way through, but is that really necessary? Can it be fed the last few weeks for example?
I run a very basic mix. Never tried
and
Terpinator
Purpinator

Liquid Weight
But I do have
F7B2B069-BA24-4099-BB12-5371A5807913.jpeg

Rezin.
I have only used it playing in soil (a lot with know stains) and haven’t found much of a difference. In my eyes to expensive for hydro but I’m also very cheap lmao.

I use powder for fortifier.
C01BDF0A-1869-440A-88F9-988FF5BB1211.jpeg

FB568E77-8B64-451A-905D-BFCA18C2A51A.jpeg

These r very strong but also great for altering you numbers

Day 18 Flower​

The readings this morning:

EC : 0.8
PPM : 390
PH : 5.8

The PH has dropped a couple of points since last night. This might be because the plants are taking up more water. I'll be changing the res at lunch time for my Week 4 formula. It's a few days early as i usually do this ~Day21, but considering these girls showed pistils on only Day 4 of flower it's probably about right.

Here they are. I need to do some reshuffling of the screen to make the most of the space.

Audrey

I believe you are correct.

Her leaves indicate that she is ready to eat.

Bring the ppm's back up to around 500-550 or so ppm's.

You're doing great, it won't be long now.

Tok..

I drained the system and refilled it with my Week 4 recipe:

Week 4 Recipe​

Starting Water : Rain Water 0ec
Buddhas Tree Solar Green Power Silica @ recommended 0.25ml/l
TA CalMag -> 0.4ec
Ionic Hydro Bloom @recommended
Buddhas Tree PK918 @ recommended 0.25ml/l
Buddhas Tree Metaboost @ recommended 0.5ml/l
Hydroguard @ recommended 0.5ml/l

I diluted this down to a solution of 1.1ec.

I'm out of my regular Canna Aqua Flores base nutrient, I use Ionic Hydro Bloom as a backup. For this reason, I fed all nutrients at the recommended, and diluted down at the end, to make sure the proportions were correct.

After feeding and leaving the system to recirculate for 10mins, the system reads:

EC : 1.1
PPM : 530
PH 5.9

Lets see how the ladies react to it

:theband:

I believe you are correct.

Her leaves indicate that she is ready to eat.

Bring the ppm's back up to around 500-550 or so ppm's.

You're doing great, it won't be long now.

Out of curiosity, which base nutrient do you use in DWC @Tokin Roll?

Back
Top Bottom