Mars Hydro Grow Journal SP 3000: Blue Kush, RDWC, ScrOG

Looking fanfreakingtastic.
Do you count days from flip or pistils?
Thanks Dusty :)

I count the days from Flip. Day 1 being the day after the first night of increased darkness.

I appreciate a more purist view of it is that the plants aren't actually "flowering" until pistils show. But for the sake of simplicity and keeping my nutrient regime simple, i count it from the flip :peace:

How about you @Dusty Kiefers?

Thanks Dusty :)

I count the days from Flip. Day 1 being the day after the first night of increased darkness.

I appreciate a more purist view of it is that the plants aren't actually "flowering" until pistils show. But for the sake of simplicity and keeping my nutrient regime simple, i count it from the flip :peace:

How about you @Dusty Kiefers?
I turn lights off for 24 hours then firt day lights on is day 1. There are already pistols on my girls so I just count from there. I harvest using pistols and trichomes so date of flip is kinda irrelevant, 2 cents. :peace:

I turn lights off for 24 hours then firt day lights on is day 1. There are already pistols on my girls so I just count from there. I harvest using pistols and trichomes so date of flip is kinda irrelevant, 2 cents. :peace:
Thanks Bill. I also harvest based on trichomes :high-five:

Using number of days is a reasonable guide for new growers, in which case it is worth going by the flip, just to be in sync and being able to follow with the nutrient lines - i believe nutrient companies also deem Day 1 being from the flip. When i first started out i didn't know what I was looking for, or what to expect.

I do find it useful keeping track of days, for the sake of my logs. I log things like deficiencies, toxicities, ph/ec swings, light stress, etc by day/week, in order to be proactive in future runs of that strain :nerd-with-glasses:

I agree though, once you have flipped, the number of days is not really important/accurate when trying to determine when to harvest your plants :peace:

Thanks Bill. I also harvest based on trichomes :high-five:

Using number of days is a reasonable guide for new growers, in which case it is worth going by the flip, just to be in sync and being able to follow with the nutrient lines - i believe nutrient companies also deem Day 1 from flip. When i first started out i didn't know what I was looking for, or what to expect.

I do find it useful keeping track of days for the sake of my logs. I log things like deficiencies, toxicities, ph/ec swings, light stress, etc by day/week, in order to be proactive in future runs of that strain :nerd-with-glasses:

I agree though, once you have flipped, the number of days is not really important/accurate when trying to determine when to harvest your plants :peace:
Good info. Your right there , I made a mistake sorry

Day 14 Flower continued...​

Pretty uneventful today. Readings at lights out

EC : 0.8
PPM : 380
PH : 5.9

PPM has risen by 10 since this morning. Didn’t top up today as they’re pretty happy where they are. Let’s see what the morning brings.

Good night all :peace:

Day 15 Flower​

Readings this morning:

EC : 0.8
PPM : 370
PH : 6.0

EC down, PH up - Happy days! I'm going to leave it as it is and top up the system later on, the levels are stable and the water level is dropping nicely. The water level is a little low but i want those roots to stretch.

I did a bit of reshuffling of the screen. Here they are:

And Audrey

How's that old song go, "Oh Genie, she so fine, Oh Genie".

Maybe it's not Genie, oh well. All girl group I think.

Anyways you are doing a great grow; keep up the good work.

Your sharing some nice images also.

I'll be around,

Tok..
Something like that haha that made me laugh :laugh:

Thanks Tok. Appreciate you being around.

Day 15 Flower continued...​

The readings have not budged since this morning. I had to check with some fresh water to make sure the sensors weren’t jammed. The water level is still dropping steadily. Going to wait til tomorrow to top up. There is enough in the system to see them through until then. They’re happy, and I don’t want to disturb them.

I made some adjustments to the screen. Took a few cheeky snaps before I did.

It’s looking like I’m going to have a really easy defoliation next week. There is very little lower growth, light is able to hit lots of flowering sites, and there is only minor fan leaf crowding.

Genie, I like what you are doing, but you have another week of stretch to deal with before they start to bulk up.

You will very soon be re-think how many plants you can fit in the net; space will be at a premium.

I new you could fill this net easily.

I am thinking about doing a DWC one plant kilo challenge with myself.

I am sure it has been done before, I think it would be challenging for sure.

Tok..

Genie, I like what you are doing, but you have another week of stretch to deal with before they start to bulk up.

You will very soon be re-think how many plants you can fit in the net; space will be at a premium.

I new you could fill this net easily.
You're right Tok. And thank you :Namaste:

If they continue to stretch beyond what I can handle with this one net and some pipe cleaners, I'll have to put up another net in the next day or so, and do some reshuffling.
I am thinking about doing a DWC one plant kilo challenge with myself.

I am sure it has been done before, I think it would be challenging for sure.
Please tell me you would journal it! That would be great to see. And challenging for sure :thumb: Would you ScrOG?

Back
Top Bottom