Mello's Mystery Seed Party Cups Grow - 2nd Grow

Before

IMG_78763.JPG

After

IMG_81267.jpg

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the love. :circle-of-love:

I have been watching everyone very closely. I just hope she's a female. I have to say I treated my first plant like a plant and it ended up a male. I have seen how some of the people here at 420Mag always refer to them as a female. I applied this mind set and I really feel like it is a female. Even the grow feels totally different, the way she has grown is completely distinct from the male first grow.

I had a few questions:

1) Who should I look up on 420Mag for the best low stress trainer? I want to learn more. I'm looking for someone who can share their knowledge and I can toss in some pennies.

2)Who for the best organic soil creation on a budget? Someone who just gets it, being tight on the moolah.

3)I like soil, love soilless, but which is YOUR preferred and why? Try to convince me to ditch one and keep the other if you get what I mean......? Coco is AWESOME!

4)Who should I follow in regards to HPS lighting? I want to get this down to a science. I'll tell you, those ratchet cables are really handy!

5)Why the night time rest? I attempted a 5 day 24hr and a 5 day 18/6 lighting schedule and I have concluded that growth is much faster during the 24hr schedule. What I did notice for the 18/6 schedule is that the stock will get most of the growth action, very thick in those 5 days. I seen at least a growth difference from a regular bic pen to a fine point sharpie. The vegetation however barely grew at all.

6)Should I even attempt an aero bucket?

7)Where are my damn M&M's? :rofl: :passitleft:

I have been watching everyone very closely. I just hope she's a female. I have to say I treated my first plant like a plant and it ended up a male. I have seen how some of the people here at 420Mag always refer to them as a female. I applied this mind set and I really feel like it is a female. Even the grow feels totally different, the way she has grown is completely distinct from the male first grow.

I had a few questions:

1) Who should I look up on 420Mag for the best low stress trainer? I want to learn more. I'm looking for someone who can share their knowledge and I can toss in some pennies.
DankWolf

2)Who for the best organic soil creation on a budget? Someone who just gets it, being tight on the moolah.
DankWolf

3)I like soil, love soilless, but which is YOUR preferred and why? Try to convince me to ditch one and keep the other if you get what I mean......? Coco is AWESOME!
Soil, for me its all ive ever know and it works. It works even better when you get the perfect balanced living soil.(still a work in progress for me, randomly testing and trying things,..on a budget of $0)
4)Who should I follow in regards to HPS lighting? I want to get this down to a science. I'll tell you, those ratchet cables are really handy!
I too have a 400w hps, tho you should follow someone else (as well) who has the science part down

5)Why the night time rest? I attempted a 5 day 24hr and a 5 day 18/6 lighting schedule and I have concluded that growth is much faster during the 24hr schedule. What I did notice for the 18/6 schedule is that the stock will get most of the growth action, very thick in those 5 days. I seen at least a growth difference from a regular bic pen to a fine point sharpie. The vegetation however barely grew at all.
Its debatable, the biggest reason is its cheaper. I thought there was something to be said for a well rested worker. Do you like working 24/7? Probably ok the first week or 2, but you do wear out and production falls, chance of accident goes up (think of that as plant sufferings). However im not finding any solid proof of that.

Huh?:lot-o-toke:

Huh?:lot-o-toke::morenutes:

I had a few questions:

My man I think I can answer a couple of those questions. But let me get real fuckin high first, ok? :lot-o-toke:

1) I don't want to toot my own horn here but I cover a few methods of low stress training in my signature. Whether you just want to bend the plant and its resulting nodes or top her and get more colas, I do them in my signature. Now of course I've learned a lot from other people and I can't take credit for anything of the links in my signature but I spent a lot of time ready and watching videos and I think my little tutorials are rather short and to the point.
What I recommend though, is that you figure out if the seed is female first before you spend valuable time training her.

2)Susan (Sweetsue) has tons of links in her signature for organic soil recipes. And there all marvelously written be either herself or other respectable members from 420. There will be some spending involved but a little resourcefulness goes a long way!

3) I would love to go organic but I started soilless and that's what I know. Of course, I would love to go organic for obvious reasons: better for the planet, better for the plant and of course better for me. Just to name a few reasons. But it comes down to budget most of the time and what you're able to afford. I run a nutrient line that costs $400 and there's people out there that grow as good and better weed with cheaper products. Budget, budget, budget.

4)HPS lighting is great and you can find a few charts on the website all about distances and intensity with awesome write ups. Just head to the "Grow Room" tab and go to "How to grow Marijuana" and go to lighting. It's going to pump you full of some awesome information you won't regret reading. Then go from there. My advice is - Don't ask which type of light is better (HPS LED or Candles) because no matter what you're going to find people, myself included, that are very passionate about the lights they grow with snd can give reasonable explanations as to why each is better. If you want to know. Give both a try!

5) Night hours are a key element to the growth of marijuana. When I first started growing, I grew under a 24 hour light schedule and I was set on it. Until I did a little research. It turns out that during the day, the plant collects light and converts it to energy via photosynthesis (in a nut shell :bong:). That energy is essentially sugars and startches while it collects it during the day, the plant is only able to use some of that energy to grow. But when you introduce night the plant is no longer focusing attention on energy collection (photosynthesis) it's focusing on using those stores sugars and starches. Which allows the plant to grow consistently and strong.
Aside from all that, why run your electric bill 24 hours a day when you could save yourself 6 hours?

6)What's an Aero Bucket?

7) Those were your M&Ms? :morenutes:

Lots of love to you Brotha. Hope I didn't ramble to damn much!

I always refer to my girls as females hehe, i mainly buy feminised seeds right now just to get a few grows indoors.

I can kinda answer a few q's for you, these are my own opinions and will differ from many, its what suits the individual ;)

#3, I have grown in soil for probably close on 15 years outdoors, never really paid much attention to what i was using (usually the cheapest at the local garden store lol), my last grow i tried Canna Terra Professional, its great stuff if you dont have the time to mix up your own soil, i also have a big bag of perlite here i mix some in. This grow im using canna aqua clay balls and a completely diff method of growing so its hard to compare hehe, however after the way these girls are growing, to me i will leave my soil grows to outdoors and stick to DWC indoors.

#4, Im not sure on who to follow with HPS lighting but if you do find a good one i would love a read, tbh when i started this grow i felt way out of my depth and was so different to anything i had done before, it was started on CFL's, switched to LED then had nothing but issues, managed to get my hands on a whole load of second hand grow equipment which also had 4x 400w HPS ballasts/globes/reflectors so i setup one of them in there, this by far is the easiest thing to use lol, especially air cooled hood makes it cooler than running my LEDs in the tent. Once you have it all up and running with ducting etc it is so easy to manage and gives the girls everything they need with explosive growth as you have seen in my journal. It does not matter so much about height as they should be able to be within a foot away, I judge mine by heat and coverage, if i put my hand at the tops of the girls and leave it there and it gets too warm than its definitely too hot for the girls, I then make sure most of my plant gets good coverage and leave it at that. HPS has a lot better penetration also ;)

5#, Ive tried both and it didnt take much testing for me to see the difference, Plants will survive perfectly fine under 24hr lighting but do not perform to their best, Take clones for an example as i tried this exact thing with them on my current grow, they have been under the dome so to speak for a couple of weeks now not showing any signs of root growth, after 2 days of 18/6 they are now exploding with roots all over. I know there is some scientific data somewhere about converting sugars and co2 etc but its slipped my mind right now haha

#6, why not? easy as to setup and wont take up too much of your tent (at first), always good to have different projects on the go ;)

#7, took me so long to write this i missed out on M&M's too lol

Im back already, wake up!

"This is a direct quote from Ed Rosenthal whom most of you know is a marijuana growing guru:

Marijuana plants photosynthesize as long as they receive light as well as water, air, nutrients and suitable temperature. Photosynthesis is the process in which plants use the energy from light (primarily in the blue and red spectrum's) to combine carbon dioxide (CO2) from the air and water (H2O) to make sugar while releasing oxygen to the air.

Plants use sugars continuously to fuel metabolic processes (living) as well as for tissue building. The plant combines nitrogen (N) with the sugar to make amino acids, the building blocks of proteins. They are the substance of plant tissue. When the light is off, the plant's metabolic processes, respiration and growth, continue.

The plant can photosynthesize continuously so it produces the most energy and growth when the light is on, continuously. Continuous light does not stress the plant, which reacts somewhat mechanistically to it.

Plants under an 18-6 light-dark regimen are producing sugar only three quarters of the time. They are thus growing at only 75% of their potential. Leaving the light on continuously will result in bigger plants, faster, which leads to higher yields."
And this bit..
Carbon fixation is the reduction of carbon dioxide into an organic compound. How they fix carbon divides plants into 3 main categories. They are: CAM, C3 and C4 plants. Marijuana and many vegetables are examples of C3 plants. Gardeners care about this because the different plants use CO2 in different ways. C3 plants do not store CO2 for later use. They use CO2 as long as they are exposed to light, but they use it in real time.
Additionally, C3 plants like cannabis have the ability to use higher concentrations of CO2 than that found in our current environment. Assuming there is enough light and the plant is vigorous they can use up to 2000 ppm of CO2 vs 400 ppm. The result id more growth and more crop. Darkness is not required for C3 plants – they can grow 24 hours a day.

Sleep well pigeons!

Mello... Hope that helps!

I do have a fan blowing on the plants and AC in the room though. So please bare that in mind. I assume it's winter where you are though, so if ambient temps are below 24 deg celsius, you should be ok.

Hello mello.....

The new set up is awesome mate.... Bet your well happy with it....

I reckon Light Addict is a good choice for training techniques too.. Many cool ways to train the ladies..Worth a read anyways

I am a a Dark period believer too.... Just think that, all life and plants have evolved with dark period, we sleep n rebuild.... And look at our sleep deprivation symptoms .. Still alive, but exhausted... Just my opinion. :circle-of-love:

Good luck getting used to the new power

:high-five:

Im back already, wake up!

And this bit..

Sleep well pigeons!

Mello... Hope that helps!

:adore:

You're a good man Dank! Thank you for this. If Ed says it, it has to be true! Haha

Cheers, Holmes!

Back
Top Bottom