I have grown Durban Poison regularly. It is "speed weed" the general effects are stimulation, talkativeness, lack of appetite and a touch of hilarity. I like it because I get paralyzed and "Oh man, I can't move, pass me a Twinkie" stoned on Indica just before nodding off. One down side of Durban is that it will wear off much sooner due to the THCV, but another few hits fixes that. The best information I can come up with is that Durban has approximately 1% THCV and DV has up to 5% THCV......YMMV.
According to everything I've read DV should be 5:4, THC:THCV. The seedbank I bought the seeds from, @Weed Seeds Express lists the THC at about 20%, and the THCV at about 15-16%.
The only higher number I've found was for "Slim Hash", but that's a concentrate. It said something like 53% THCV.
The smoke reports I saw said the THCV wears off in about 30 minutes, and after that it's a relaxed THC high.
I'll be making sublinguals and edibles from it, if I harvest enough. I'm really hoping to get a clone to take so I can try it outdoors. If the flowering period is too long on this plant, I can try light dep. I've done it before, just not on a plant that's supposed to get as tall as this one in the right conditions.
I don't get couch lock from indica strains as long as I haven't let them go too long in flower. I harvest when the ambers are just starting to show up after the buds give their last swell.

Here we go, day...something?
I forgot, and I'm not motivated enough to go back and count this morning.
Sorry.
Here's pics!
Doug's Varin 23 Jan 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 23 Jan 2022 1.jpg

If there's anything you want to know, just ask.
Right. It's like that. Day something lol I feel you Mel

Here we go, day...something?
I forgot, and I'm not motivated enough to go back and count this morning.
Sorry.
Here's pics!
Doug's Varin 23 Jan 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 23 Jan 2022 1.jpg

If there's anything you want to know, just ask.
What day is she on? :laughtwo:

Just spent waaay to long counting. Need more coffee.
Day 57
One week out now from the flip.
Doug's Varin 24 Jan 2022.jpg
Doug's Varin 24 Jan 2022 1.jpg

Edit: I've been thinking, when I flip her, I'll be turning off the lights at 6 am. Since that's when I'm taking pics right now, she'll get used to that being bedtime and, judging by her behavior so far, droop. So I think I'll start posting updates in the evening, an hour or two after lights on instead.

Well, she needs water again.
A couple more leaves down low need to be removed as they're lying on the soil. Other than that she's moving along steadily. She has a definite weed scent to her, don't know if I've mentioned that before. It's not too strong yet, but definitely there. Leaves a very noticeable scent on my fingers every time I train her.
Doug's Varin 25 Jan 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 25 Jan 2022 1.jpg

A beauty Melvillle! Are you going to do any serious thinning before you flip or just what you've been doing on the regular?
According to everything I've read DV should be 5:4, THC:THCV. The seedbank I bought the seeds from, @Weed Seeds Express lists the THC at about 20%, and the THCV at about 15-16%.
If it's not too expensive I'm going to have one of my flowers tested. I'm curious as to whether that THC/THCV ratio they post is accurate.

A beauty Melvillle! Are you going to do any serious thinning before you flip or just what you've been doing on the regular?

If it's not too expensive I'm going to have one of my flowers tested. I'm curious as to whether that THC/THCV ratio they post is accurate.
Thanks!
I don't usually defoliate, so I'll probably just be pulling leaves below the canopy that aren't getting any light. She's getting enough nutrients from the MC and Epsom, so it shouldn't hurt anything. If I had been keeping the light in the proper range I would've been able to train her top branches without pulling the fans at those nodes, but I was worried about her getting too stretched out, so I kept it as close as I could. In the future I'll give the light a few more cm, let them get a bit taller.

I'm getting the bud tested when she's done. Usually I just go for a simple potency analysis, since it's cheaper, and shows what I'm mainly interested in, but I'll spring for a full cannabinoid panel this time. Since it's only one plant it'll be $60, so that's not too bad. Be good to know what the ratio is. I just have to send in 1-2g to get it done.

I'm getting the bud tested when she's done. Usually I just go for a simple potency analysis, since it's cheaper, and shows what I'm mainly interested in, but I'll spring for a full cannabinoid panel this time. Since it's only one plant it'll be $60, so that's not too bad. Be good to know what the ratio is. I just have to send in 1-2g to get it done.
That'll be even more interesting! :ganjamon:

It will be interesting to compare the results! I think mine is more than that but I haven't checked prices in a couple of years.
I got the prices this year as I wanted to know what the Bruce Banner I grew this summer had given in terms of potency, but I never got around to it. Maybe I'll send in a sample of that too, lol. Get the simple potency for it. It would be useful to get an idea what strength the oil I'm making with it is.

Thanks!
I don't usually defoliate, so I'll probably just be pulling leaves below the canopy that aren't getting any light. She's getting enough nutrients from the MC and Epsom, so it shouldn't hurt anything. If I had been keeping the light in the proper range I would've been able to train her top branches without pulling the fans at those nodes, but I was worried about her getting too stretched out, so I kept it as close as I could. In the future I'll give the light a few more cm, let them get a bit taller.

That is very cool that you are going to test the flower. So interested in the results.

NTH

That is very cool that you are going to test the flower. So interested in the results.

NTH
I'll make sure to post them here. There's another thread where people who were looking for plants with high THCV were wondering about these seeds, and I'll put it up there as well.

Day 59 veg, 5 days to flip.
Looking happier today. She needed that watering. I forgot to try to take pics of her undercarriage. I'll get to that just before lights on this evening. I'll need to use a flashlight, won't focus otherwise.
Doug's Varin 26 Jan 2022.jpg

Doug's Varin 26 Jan 2022 1.jpg

Thanks for coming round to have a look!

Back
Top Bottom