Micro Grow

20190718_135634.jpg

They’ve definitely picked up the trich production, so you’d attribute that to the UVB light Rich? :nomo: I’ve heard of it before, but I too am on the fence regarding adding it into my setup.

Oh I cant wait, thanks Gaz! I've seen the far red as sleep initiator but with the rspec lights it includes deep red so I was planning on using them for the emerson effect. They will probably be on even in veg too. I've seen people swear by using them to put plants to sleep but I've also seen someone's timer get messed up... ruined the whole crop.

Just remembered I wanted to mention something I noticed and confirmed with some research,
FAR-RED is a great source for ALGAE

So if you have any water in the tent (clear Humidifier water tanks) you may start to see a Algae Bloom.
I did

This is a copy from my journal entry when I figured it out
FAR-RED LIGHT
ALGAE WARNING

I have been noticing a lot of ALGAE in my Humidifiers lately, cleaning them evey
couple days ? never needed to do this before ?

So starting Looking into WHAT CAUSES ALGAE and it seems the RED LIGHT does it BEST
solution will be to paint the outside of the water tanks and scratch a thin line to monitor
water level (
SEE LAST 4 LINES OF REPORT)

THINKING maybe I should cover the SOIL with something to protect it from the RED ?

Attachments

• 1563497197921.png
    1563497197921.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 25
They’ve definitely picked up the trich production, so you’d attribute that to the UVB light Rich? :nomo: I’ve heard of it before, but I too am on the fence regarding adding it into my setup.

They looked like they were trying hard to push while in the box but they never really came up. I think going under more light helped but also think the UVA made a huge difference, I am totally sold on adding UVA into the grow. It's funny, I had the main light on the lowest setting. I turned it up all the way today and was very surprised. gotta keep an eye on the plants for light stress.

Just to be clear I added in UVA not UVB. while UVB is shown to help increase trichs it can harm the plant, at least in what I read. UVA is supposed to offer the same benefits without harming the plant.
Just remembered I wanted to mention something I noticed and confirmed with some research,
FAR-RED is a great source for ALGAE

So if you have any water in the tent (clear Humidifier water tanks) you may start to see a Algae Bloom.
I did

This is a copy from my journal entry when I figured it out
FAR-RED LIGHT
ALGAE WARNING

I have been noticing a lot of ALGAE in my Humidifiers lately, cleaning them evey
couple days ? never needed to do this before ?

So starting Looking into WHAT CAUSES ALGAE and it seems the RED LIGHT does it BEST
solution will be to paint the outside of the water tanks and scratch a thin line to monitor
water level (
SEE LAST 4 LINES OF REPORT)

THINKING maybe I should cover the SOIL with something to protect it from the RED ?

Thanks for the heads up Gaz. I'll make sure to keep an eye out for algae. may be an issue if I do a dtw set up.
Hey mind if I pull up a chair ,? Love me some micro grows yeah rock on. I finnsky got in a thread before it’s been harvested :yahoo: Yay
Welcome in DW. Came in at the perfect time. :passitleft:

a " flyin' purple people eater "

Well, I saw the thing comin' out of the sky
It had the one long horn, one big eye
I commenced to shakin' and I said "ooh-eee"
It looks like a purple eater to me

It was a one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater

Well She came down to earth and lit in a tree
I said Ms. Purple People Eater, don't eat me
I heard her say in a voice so gruff
"I wouldn't eat you 'cause you're so tough"

They're looking great Rich! Let the stacking begin. Love the look of your light! How much did the build set you back?

:passitleft::bravo::morenutes:

Thanks IL, they are getting fat for sure. I came home today and I could smell it down the hall by the mail boxes. It was light but smelled sweet and dank. When I opened my door I was engulfed in the most amazing smell. Unfortunately, I had to get the carbon filter going. Man I'm really excited to smoke this stuff.

The build was about 3 bills, very happy with the purchase and how the plants have responded to the new lights.
20190725_135626.jpg
20190725_135655.jpg
20190725_135648.jpg
20190725_135642.jpg
20190725_135636.jpg

Back
Top Bottom