Mmmmick 1st Scrog 3 strains 90w LED closet

Dude your my DOG straight man I prefer Frosted Flakes but we settle for corn flakes with sugar...I grew up poor and not a silver spoon in my mouth...LOL..Thanks 4 ur comment, that means alot coming from you, and that garden U grew!!! I would love to try a SCROG, SOG or whatever ya call it, b/c my space is small but has room to extend outward. How hard it it to do a SCROG or SOG? This is my 1st grow beside that beautiful Christmas tree viewed on my page that was mostly grown outdoors and had to be brought inside b/c of 1st lack of good weather and then cut down b/c of lack of room and lighting. The premature buds got you high but not HIGH if U know what I'm saying. That one was completly my fault and it was a learning platform. I used no Nutes on her at all just the natural sunshine and our creator's good grace.
you're welcome MI
Scrog is fairly easy to do, altho I started a little late. I was LSTing thru veg but didn't consider doing the screen until a week before flower. I've got a text file on SCROG that is quite useful, can pm you a copy if you like. I didn't write it, found online.
That christmas tree was looking good until you had to move it but no choice there. it's good that you could get something out of it. This time around you have control and a better idea of what needs to be done. Lots of good reading here at 420 for us newbies, you'll do fine. I think there'll alays be something to learn with this hobby.

that screen is going to be FILLED with buds. MMM BUDS! haha looks really good. Are they done stretching yet? It doesnt look like you have a lot of room left on that screen to train them if they continue to stretch. You grew from seed right? How long did it take you from sprout to flower?

Hi Bux, it looks like it might fill out pretty well. The Big Bud and Super skunk are still opening up from their circular LST, next time they'll be trained from the start for a screen. The Super skunk is opening up a lot in the center in particular. I'm probably half way through the stretch, but the screen can be adjusted upward to accommadate taller plants. It's a little tight under the screen right now because I'm using it to help open those 2 up so holding on the adjustments until necessary. All a learning process first time through, so who knows what kind of mess I might end with.

No I started with clones, I've tried to germ some bagseed just to see how it worked out. lol can't germ a seed, but all 3 of my strains clone right into dirt with no failures yet. I haven't tried very hard with germing seeds, I'm sure it'll work out when I pay enough attention.
My plants are all different ages. The oldest is the Afi in the lower left position cloned on july15. Lower right Afi and BC Big Bud top left aug 1st. The Super Skunk top right aug 17.

HPIM1993.JPG

hi mate sorry i aint droped in been real busy round here.......wot a lovely suprise to miss a day or 2..........and see that screen fill up so nice......i don t see to many squares left to fill..........those plants are awsome mate.....first time scrog....wow.........never thought that light had the balls mate.....sure proving me wrong ha ha....i gotta hand it to you you sure got the whole bushing up the plant thing ! real good work......i forgot how far your in flower and its not listed with last pic ?..........stoner lmao..+rep if i can ha ha........be lucky weedtastic

hi mate sorry i aint droped in been real busy round here.......wot a lovely suprise to miss a day or 2..........and see that screen fill up so nice......i don t see to many squares left to fill..........those plants are awsome mate.....first time scrog....wow.........never thought that light had the balls mate.....sure proving me wrong ha ha....i gotta hand it to you you sure got the whole bushing up the plant thing ! real good work......i forgot how far your in flower and its not listed with last pic ?..........stoner lmao..+rep if i can ha ha........be lucky weedtastic

hey weedtastic, gotta have a life outside the grow my friend. (well as long as the plants don't suffer,lol)
Starting to fill things up pretty well. Wouldn't mind an extra week of stretch (to straighten out the Big Bud and Super skunk)but ya can't have everything.
It could still get ugly, lol, but fairly smooth so far. I'm havin fun with it. Even it fails completely I'll still have learned something in the process to make the next one better.
Went 12/12 on Oct 11th, I gotta get used to making note of the timeline when I post. time for an edit,heheh. stoner yeah, sometimes maybe a little,lol.

Thanks for having a look.:cool:

Update time, now on 12/12 for 14 days. Plants are feeding every 3 or 4 days, now getting Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Fruit and Flower with Super Thrive and molasses.
Next feeding will be a drink of 0-15-1 bat guano to help with budding then back on Botanicare.

1. still filling that screen. looks like it might load up pretty well if I get a 3rd week of stretch. Haven't raised the screen yet.
HPIM21831.JPG

2. Super Skunk is developing fairly well, still finding buried bud sites in the center of the plant. Definitely should have given the Super Skunk and BC Big Bud a week or two more veg to straighten out from the circular LST. (but that would have meant no Christmas harvest)
HPIM2161.JPG

3.The Big Bud is not opening up well, but it's pretty much committed at this point. Foliage was deteriorating at the top of the plant from the clump formed while LSTing in a circle. It was filler anyway, so whatever finishes is just a little extra bud.
HPIM2187.JPG

4. A little Afi hair. All 4 plants are showing some hair now.
HPIM2170.JPG

5.Gotta have at least one purple canopy shot.
HPIM21531.JPG

please feel free to comment. or suggest changes if you see anything unusual happening.

hi mate great update...i bet you big bud will throw fewer colas but thicker stronger ones....will be interesting to see wot she does ?...im shocked at how fast the bud sites have filled the screen......lookin great from here.....i gotta fix me a scrog net and figure my watering lol.........great pics....gonna be buds every where in no time....+ rep if i can ?...........be lucky weedtastic

hi mate great update...i bet you big bud will throw fewer colas but thicker stronger ones....will be interesting to see wot she does ?...im shocked at how fast the bud sites have filled the screen......lookin great from here.....i gotta fix me a scrog net and figure my watering lol.........great pics....gonna be buds every where in no time....+ rep if i can ?...........be lucky weedtastic

Hi weedtastic thanks for the compliment,
I think you're right, less bud sites bigger buds, makes sense. I'm finished teasing the Big Bud and the SSkunk.
The Big Bud's hiding some small budsites but the foliage around them is very rough, I'll let them fade on their own, and we'll see what's shakin. The SS is all healthy, I've unwoven an extra 15 or more bud sites on that one, heheh. Thats were most of the new sites are. A little behind but they're lit up now.
Tempted to run more SSkunk clones and do one strain next.
Imagine those russians under a net, your lights with a cola every damn hole( why not imagine big) ,,,,,,man. A raised garden with a slightly sloped bottom and you could have a soil ebb and flow??? lol I think you're making very efficient use of your space currently, but I know you'll crank it up a notch for round 3.

buds everywhere sounds great :Rasta:

Looking pretty full at this point, just a couple little empty spaces that I am sure will fill in. Lots and lots of nice bud forming, great, great job..

Looking pretty full at this point, just a couple little empty spaces that I am sure will fill in. Lots and lots of nice bud forming, great, great job..

Hi sonzor

The Super Skunk might annex a little Big Bud territory, maybe help plug some holes.
Thanks for hangin in, appreciate your interest and comments.

Liking the updates. Scrog is a great way to use LED ;)

Hi HGL thanks for dropping in.

I think Scrog addresses the inverse square law for any light source but LEDs in particular can benefit. Altho your narrow dispersion pattern makes penetration less of an issue.

Mmmmick, I've been busy this last week and haven't had a chance to catch up on my favorite threads. WOW! Your ScrOG is looking great! Congrats on a job well done so far. +rep if I can :goodjob:

Truthfully my friend I don't think anybody can do a better Scrog than you.
A work of art.:grinjoint:

Why thank you sir, It's going well so far.Not perfect but I'm more than pleased with the progress the ladies have made. Thanks for hangin in OMM

Mmmmick, I've been busy this last week and haven't had a chance to catch up on my favorite threads. WOW! Your ScrOG is looking great! Congrats on a job well done so far. +rep if I can :goodjob:

Hi jcool sometimes we have to play at real life now and then.;). I'm happy that you made it in for a look. Thanks for your kind remarks, appreciate the rep.

Im new to this forum stuff, where could i find some fast facts about led lighting?

hi kreyvic, there are so many different types of LED out there and they are all different. I'd suggest HydroGrowLeds journal for that particular design. Maryjah has a grow journal using Haight leds and there are a number of UFO grows going on, some with cfl or hid supplemetal lighting. The grow journals area is a good source of more specific info.
Any particular questions, feel free to ask. I'll answer if I can or point you at a source that might help.

Back
Top Bottom