Mmmmick 288W LED Development SCROG White Widow

Hi Bud, Just dropped by to see how it is going. Glad you back to teaching a bit. I have missed that and your really good at it. Good vibes headed your way! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Hi OMM, going fairly well I believe. Had some drooping on a half dozen plants. They weren't super dry but I fed them for the first time with a 20% nute 1/2 veg and 1/2 flower Botanicare formula along with a 1/2 ml of superthrive per gallon . I don't think the drooping was due to drying, as the ones that were drooping weren't the lightest of the bunch.

Half the time I'm telling people things they already know but now and then I get lucky and look as if I know something, lol. But thanks for the comment.

Appreciate the vibes, my friend.

Have you smoked the widow before Mmmmick ?? Hope it's a sativa !!

Hi Slowpuffer, it's been a long time since I've smoked WW and the strain may have been misnamed when I did smoke it. But I don't see much sativa in the widow leaves in this set of plants. The single Doggies Nuts WW that survived has the long thin sativa leaves. These widows from BC Seed king don't look like they have a hell of a lot of sativa in them.

I'm still waiting for preflowers on the DN WW, hope it's female. Maybe need to reduce lighting to 20/4 or 18/6 to help preflowering show on that one.

Jusf poking in to say hi! Nice read the last few pages. Funny how you can learn the same thing 25 different ways, and each way has its own merits and new tidbit piece of the big puzzle.

:nicethread::smokin:

Hi Papa Green, welcome and thank you.:welcome:

Yeah there are so many different ways to arrive at the same conclusion, heheh.
Maybe that's why I always feel somewhat confused.:smokin:
Glad you had a chance to have a look.

A couple of the drooping leaves got a nute bath and look pretty rough. I tried a rinse right afterward but they don't look so good. One Mango and one Widow. Have to pay a little more attention when watering/feeding.

Moved the light back to 24" to induce a little wider node spacing. With the light at 12" the plants aren't getting much vertical growth.

I had a visitor last night who has grown from clone only, under flouro/veg and hps/flower.

He was quite insisitent that these plants should be easily twice their current size for day 18.

Keeping in mind that I spent half the time lowering the light gradually from 36" due to my unfamiliarity with this unit, I don't think they are developing all that slowly. I expect them to be a little behind.

These two plants are in 4 inch pots and a little droopy (well the Mango is). Stems were buried an inch deeper than normal due to early stretch.

So I'm looking for opinions. Are they that far behind?

First 2 are widow, second 2 are mango.

IMG_13755.JPG

IMG_13845.JPG

IMG_13786.JPG

IMG_13884.JPG

Thanks OMM. Of course I didn't show the runts or the two I nute burnt. heheh

Cool I'll be right over. Always enjoy your pics. I gotta start using tripods and backgrounds etc. And the instruction manual.

Thanks OMM. Of course I didn't show the runts or the two I nute burnt. heheh

Cool I'll be right over. Always enjoy your pics. I gotta start using tripods and backgrounds etc. And the instruction manual.

:thumb::thumb:

Day 21

Fried a couple of lower leaves that were drooping when I nuted but other than that they are doing pretty good. I pulled the light up to 24" to try to get a little stretch as they were growing so compactly. Also wanted to see if that stopped the drooping on some of the mangos and it seems to have done that. Maybe the far red or deep blue mix is a little strong for young plants? First run with this light so it's a little early to make that assumption.

The plants in the right hand tray where given a tbsp of worm castings, otherwise they are all on the same schedule, upped to 20%. Some of the lower leaves are fading, maybe the stronger nute solution will stop that. I think the plants that got the worm castings are doing better than the others, At least the widows seem to be bigger.Maybe need a bigger sample to get a true comparison.

But two of the widows are falling behind.

IMG_13925.JPG

I included the taproot clone as well, it's got 2 sets of leaves!! rofl tiny little bugger though.

IMG_13944.JPG

Oh yeah, also a pic of the leaf structure on the solitary Doggies Nuts WWW, just for comparison to the BC Seed King WW, in the back of both trays. The DN WW looks like it's all sativa. Seed King WW seems to have a good amount of indica.

IMG_13893.JPG

And lest I forget to mention DOGGIES NUTS IS A RIPOFF!!!!!!!! and Attitude won't fix it.

Day 21

Fried a couple of lower leaves that were drooping when I nuted but other than that they are doing pretty good. I pulled the light up to 24" to try to get a little stretch as they were growing so compactly. Also wanted to see if that stopped the drooping on some of the mangos and it seems to have done that. Maybe the far red or deep blue mix is a little strong for young plants? First run with this light so it's a little early to make that assumption.

The plants in the right hand tray where given a tbsp of worm castings, otherwise they are all on the same schedule, upped to 20%. Some of the lower leaves are fading, maybe the stronger nute solution will stop that. I think the plants that got the worm castings are doing better than the others, At least the widows seem to be bigger.Maybe need a bigger sample to get a true comparison.

But two of the widows are falling behind.

IMG_13925.JPG

I included the taproot clone as well, it's got 2 sets of leaves!! rofl tiny little bugger though.

IMG_13944.JPG

Oh yeah, also a pic of the leaf structure on the solitary Doggies Nuts WWW, just for comparison to the BC Seed King WW, in the back of both trays. The DN WW looks like it's all sativa. Seed King WW seems to have a good amount of indica.

IMG_13893.JPG

And lest I forget to mention DOGGIES NUTS IS A RIPOFF!!!!!!!! and Attitude won't fix it.

The little bugger can a desktop Bonsai ! :yummy:

They look nothing alike!:smokin: R I P OFF! Like it would really hurt them to keep a customer.:smokin::smokin::smokin:

Hi OMM, a baby bonsai at that.

Actually I like the looks of the DN WW but only 1 of them germed, which I consider a rip. The HGS Afi's all popped.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear on what I was bitchin about, lol

Hi OMM, a baby bonsai at that.

Actually I like the looks of the DN WW but only 1 of them germed, which I consider a rip. The HGS Afi's all popped.
Sorry, I wasn't very clear on what I was bitchin about, lol

OH! No! I knew what you were bitching about DN's worthless seeds!
I agree something should have been done....a few free seeds maybe?

I am now boycotting all seed banks. I an not even going close to one! At the rate that I can grow plants, I have enough seeds for 16 grows! Enough!
Seed addiction at its worst! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

heheh, I've been behaving, as well. I even skipped the 420 sale.
They'll be fresher when we need them, why buy now?
I've got 11 different strains on hand, there are bound to be a few keepers. But there are so many I don't have, that I know I want, lol. I can manage 4 mothers, must be selective.
hmmmm my smilies are dead

heheh
microsoft in the machine...it's almost like a salt build up in soil. flush everything and it's ok for a while.:thumb:

heheh
microsoft in the machine...it's almost like a salt build up in soil. flush everything and it's ok for a while.:thumb:

Yep! Flush! ;) What version of windows do you use? I use XP. I am upgrading both of my computers to be much faster, new MB, CPU, Ram, Video. and Windows 7. Guess I'll finally see if 7 is any good, not another disaster like Vista. If it is, back to XP. Building computers is my second most favorite hobby.
Have a good day Mmmmick my freind :surf:

I have Vista on this machine. (looks for thumbs down smilie). Browser issues, just plain slow response. PITA in so many ways. Will not accept my All in one printer scanner function no matter what I try. Epson and Microsuck point at each other, lol.
XP pro on my other pc. It's stable, very few issues.
I've been waiting to get my taxes filed before I blow this one away and probably go back to XP. I have windows 7 and may try that first. My oldest is using 7 and seems to be pleased with it.
I repair my own gear, and that of too many others. lol. But it's not really a second hobby.
Thanks OMM, I will enjoy my Saturday. Company tonight, so my garden plans are shelved until tomorrow.
Hope your day is going well.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom