Mmmmick 288W LED Development SCROG White Widow

Thanks for the under screen shots Mmmmmmmick. Your plants look nice and stalky, and have a bit more large branches further down. I only have one plant with a larger side branch, and that one branch grew to fill about 1 square foot all on its own. :smokin: Additional thanks to Munki, that looks a lot like what I want to do with my next grow, and those plants look FAT. That one branch in front is extreme, it looks like it grew all the way to the other side of the other plant. :cheer:

when does Cali vote? Nov something. Please pass.

Cali vote in November but beware cause along with that prop they are going to add a measure in each city that would tax personal grows of something like $600 per square foot if you want to grow at home.The city tax would cost a local indoor grower $6,000 a year on 10 square feet of pot plants and $15,000 for 25 square feet. Things may change drastically for the regular home grower and could effectively end this if you want to abide by the laws. I'm not so sure now that I want anything to change, I like what we got now in Cali personally, but we shall see.

Mmmmick I love the grow, your plants are so perfectly even and almost look like they came off a assembly line they are so consistent with each other. I am currently running a LED grow with Plasma induction and some T5's. Please check it out, and I would love some tips on your topping technique or whatever you do to make them so exact!?!?! I am using a Hydroponics hut 250 watt LED 2 Bi-spectrum Plasma inductions and two 54 watt T5's. So far they looking great, check it out when you get time let me know what you think, otherwise I love the grow very clean. Experimental LED/Plasma Induction Grow :cheer:

Thanks for the under screen shots Mmmmmmmick. Your plants look nice and stalky, and have a bit more large branches further down. I only have one plant with a larger side branch, and that one branch grew to fill about 1 square foot all on its own. :smokin: Additional thanks to Munki, that looks a lot like what I want to do with my next grow, and those plants look FAT. That one branch in front is extreme, it looks like it grew all the way to the other side of the other plant. :cheer:

You're welcome Quadzilla. Different strains exhibit different branch structure and these plants have been fimmed once or topped twice when young to cause more branching.

Cali vote in November but beware cause along with that prop they are going to add a measure in each city that would tax personal grows of something like $600 per square foot if you want to grow at home.The city tax would cost a local indoor grower $6,000 a year on 10 square feet of pot plants and $15,000 for 25 square feet. Things may change drastically for the regular home grower and could effectively end this if you want to abide by the laws. I'm not so sure now that I want anything to change, I like what we got now in Cali personally, but we shall see.

Mmmmick I love the grow, your plants are so perfectly even and almost look like they came off a assembly line they are so consistent with each other. I am currently running a LED grow with Plasma induction and some T5's. Please check it out, and I would love some tips on your topping technique or whatever you do to make them so exact!?!?! I am using a Hydroponics hut 250 watt LED 2 Bi-spectrum Plasma inductions and two 54 watt T5's. So far they looking great, check it out when you get time let me know what you think, otherwise I love the grow very clean. Experimental LED/Plasma Induction Grow :cheer:

Hi Anomoly, thanks for the correct date and finer details on prop19. Those fees may be enough to kill it. Too bad. A reasonable fee structure would make more sense from my perspective.

Thanks, I hope they'll be lots neater next round with some proper veg time under the screen. I'll have a look at your grow. Sounds like you've got a good setup. A few cfls or t5's seem to make a lot of difference.

Cali vote in November but beware cause along with that prop they are going to add a measure in each city that would tax personal grows of something like $600 per square foot if you want to grow at home.The city tax would cost a local indoor grower $6,000 a year on 10 square feet of pot plants and $15,000 for 25 square feet. Things may change drastically for the regular home grower and could effectively end this if you want to abide by the laws. I'm not so sure now that I want anything to change, I like what we got now in Cali personally, but we shall see.[/url]

You're right about it being in November, the rest of your info is from a bad source. I've personally read Prop 19, and am friends with a political consultant sitting on the committee for Prop 19. I'll attempt to give my best analysis of it here (I'm no legal eagle, so who knows how the sharks will fuck up a good thing if it passes.)

First, Prop 19 does NOT effect medical growers. The HSCs (Health & Safetey Codes) that shelter medical users from prosecution for possession/use/growing are nowhere in the Prop 19 language. The HSCs mentioned in Prop 19 are the ones that still apply to everbody else.

Second, there's no reason to believe any city would pass a $600/sq ft tax on private grows. In fact, from my reading of it they can't, so if they try they'll probably wind up in court. Cities CAN decide whether to allow commercial cultivation and/or sales within their municipal boundaries, and they can set any taxes they want (with no limit).

For example, SF county could pass an ordinance setting a flat 5% sales tax on any commercial/wholesale sales and also a 5% tax on all retail sales. The city of San Francisco could pass similar ordinances, but add a flat $20/ounce tax. Oakland could pass an ordinance charging a flat $1,000,000 tax per gram. (Get the picture yet? They can literally charge any taxes or fees they want.) At first this sounds terrible, but think about it. If Oakland (or any other city) tried this, people would simply do business in the next city/county over where taxes are lower and the product is therefore cheaper.
Prop 19 in effect encourages competition between localities, and the one with the lowest taxes is going to make a killing. San Francisco would make $1,000,000 charging 5% faster than Oakland would make a single fee at $1M a pop.

Now, private grows... this is a murky area that I hope gets defined a little more. My reading of Prop 19 didn't indicate this was something localities could regulate. In fact, there's very little mention of private growing (probably because the people writing figure few people will grow when you can buy Marlboro Green Packs at your corner store). I know many of us here would grow anyhow, but the reality is 90% of tokers aren't inclined to garden.

All that is said about private growing is that any amount of marijuana being cultivated for personal use within a 25 sq ft area is exempt from the current statutes prohibiting cultivating/possessing. It doesn't say how tall that 25 sq ft can be, nor does it say it can't be packed with bales of finished product. (So if you do grow, you have a legally sheltered storage spot for anything above the 28.5 gram personal possession limit.)

Hope this helps, and sorry to go off on a tangent in your thread Mmmmick.

hey JohnGalt, good info is never off tangent. Thanks for posting that.

Sounds much more positive.

Hi JohnGalt, feel free to ask if there are unclear areas.

I was using a little 5 megapixel HP until the first of the year. I spent more than I should have on a Canon EOS T1i, 15 megapixel. Of course I can't afford a macro lense for it, lol.
One thing that might work with your camera is to allow the camera to focus as close as possible then partially depress the shutter button. Most cameras will hold their exposure and autofocus settings when the shutter is depressed a bit. Once the settings are locked in by depressing the shutter partway, you can move the camera to put the area of focus where you want it as long as the shutter button is not released. When your subject is in focus push the button the rest of the way to take the pic.
If you can manually select the aperture setting, using a higher number will give you a deeper depth of field, or area of focus. The same can be accomplished by setting a high ISO number if you can select ISO(or film speed) to use a term from film cameras. The high ISO setting will cause the camera to use a higher aperure setting (if you can maintain the same shutter speed)for correct exposure and that higher aperture setting provides a deeper depth of field(more area in focus)

The above may just be confusing to you if you don't know cameras very well, but feel free to ask for clarification. Any question is a good question.
makes sense to me....but then i did do a little research a while back....and have learnt from your post thanks mate.......this may be a stupid question but how many flowering plants do you have in this grow i count 4/5......but i am heavily stonned ha ha........it looks like you have everything sorted these days......( we will never grow a perfect grow.....there,s no such thing )...least i think so....there,s always summit we can do better next time round.....we live an we learn.........you certainly have mate...me too for that matter..........you have a great handle on wot your doing mate............i take my hat off to you ........be lucky weedtastic

Probably confused most folks. Shouldn't type when I'm smokin', heheh.

There are 3 widows on the left and 3 mangos on the right.
The front and middle widows are pretty close.

Lots of issues getting to this point but I should be able to avoid them next time around. Heat might still be an issue so i'll have to make sure the stash will carry me through next summer with out a crop.:thumb:
We'll probably both learn every time we try a new strain. Thank you my friend, a lot of what I do know came from reading your journals. I feel a lot more confident than when I started but I know there's lot's to learn yet. You've been teaching and inspiring me since I started here. And I believe that'll continue.:)

I appreciate your comments, weedtastic.

I agree OMM, it needs to be a general decriminilization. That will enable home growing and remove the criminal/violent element by reducing profitability.

You're right about it being in November, the rest of your info is from a bad source. I've personally read Prop 19, and am friends with a political consultant sitting on the committee for Prop 19. I'll attempt to give my best analysis of it here (I'm no legal eagle, so who knows how the sharks will fuck up a good thing if it passes.)

First, Prop 19 does NOT effect medical growers. The HSCs (Health & Safetey Codes) that shelter medical users from prosecution for possession/use/growing are nowhere in the Prop 19 language. The HSCs mentioned in Prop 19 are the ones that still apply to everbody else.

Second, there's no reason to believe any city would pass a $600/sq ft tax on private grows. In fact, from my reading of it they can't, so if they try they'll probably wind up in court. Cities CAN decide whether to allow commercial cultivation and/or sales within their municipal boundaries, and they can set any taxes they want (with no limit).

For example, SF county could pass an ordinance setting a flat 5% sales tax on any commercial/wholesale sales and also a 5% tax on all retail sales. The city of San Francisco could pass similar ordinances, but add a flat $20/ounce tax. Oakland could pass an ordinance charging a flat $1,000,000 tax per gram. (Get the picture yet? They can literally charge any taxes or fees they want.) At first this sounds terrible, but think about it. If Oakland (or any other city) tried this, people would simply do business in the next city/county over where taxes are lower and the product is therefore cheaper.
Prop 19 in effect encourages competition between localities, and the one with the lowest taxes is going to make a killing. San Francisco would make $1,000,000 charging 5% faster than Oakland would make a single fee at $1M a pop.

Now, private grows... this is a murky area that I hope gets defined a little more. My reading of Prop 19 didn't indicate this was something localities could regulate. In fact, there's very little mention of private growing (probably because the people writing figure few people will grow when you can buy Marlboro Green Packs at your corner store). I know many of us here would grow anyhow, but the reality is 90% of tokers aren't inclined to garden.

All that is said about private growing is that any amount of marijuana being cultivated for personal use within a 25 sq ft area is exempt from the current statutes prohibiting cultivating/possessing. It doesn't say how tall that 25 sq ft can be, nor does it say it can't be packed with bales of finished product. (So if you do grow, you have a legally sheltered storage spot for anything above the 28.5 gram personal possession limit.)

Hope this helps, and sorry to go off on a tangent in your thread Mmmmick.

I am saying these are city ordinances and taxes that have nothing to do with actual prop 19, and it is murky on both ends, if you think this prop or the issues surrounding it are anything short of san francisco fog then you dont live in cali or you don't know what your talking about because the truth is not clear on any of them. All I was saying is do your research, I wasnt lobbying for or against prop 19. Example:

Rancho Cordova readies measure to tax marijuana cultivators

Voters in Rancho Cordova will decide in November whether to tax residents who grow their own pot.

The city measure, put on the Nov. 2 ballot by the City Council this week, would impose taxes on all local residential cultivation if California voters approve Proposition 19 to legalize recreational use.

But the city's proposed "Personal Cannabis Cultivation Tax" also makes no distinction between medical and recreational cultivation. So the tax would kick in for anyone currently cultivating for personal medical use -- whether Prop 19 passes or not.

If passed by local voters, the taxation measure in the Sacramento County city would make at-home cultivation a much more expensive endeavor.

The Rancho Cordova measure would impose a $600 annual tax per square foot of indoor cultivation of 25 square feet of marijuana or less and a $900 per square foot tax if the indoor growing area is more than 25 square feet.

The city tax would cost a local indoor grower $6,000 a year on 10 square feet of pot plants and $15,000 for 25 square feet. Outdoor growers, who would be billed at a lower rate, would pay a $1,200 residential tax for 25 square feet of marijuana plants.

If Prop 19 passes, it would allow California adults over 21 to cultivate in a 25-square foot residential space. Medical growers often exceed those limits by cultivating with other pot patients.

Under California law, individuals with physicians' recommendations for marijuana can have six mature or 12 immature plants and eight ounces of dried pot at any time.

The California Supreme Court has ruled that medical users can exceed those limits if their cultivation is consistent with their medical needs.

So like I said Just beware because NONE of these props, ordinances, measures are clear at all, and all I was saying in the last post was to do your research before you make a vote which may have a worse outcome for us regular Joe's. I live in cali and will personally be voting for prop 19 but I like all the facts and even opinions to be out there. A lot of these are only PROPOSED measures meaning they might just be out there to confuse and derail people from voting for prop 19, and may disappear fully after the vote in November. There are as many people out there for prop 19 as there are against it and both sides have money.

So many side issues. Our local gov pushed through a seizure law by including seizure of residences used by pedophiles under the same law as growers.

It should be simple enough to decriminalize and reap the tax benefits from not putting people in prison for something thats essentially harmless. Those munis that are planning to tax heavily are just continuing the persecution ini a different manner.

So many side issues. Our local gov pushed through a seizure law by including seizure of residences used by pedophiles under the same law as growers.

It should be simple enough to decriminalize and reap the tax benefits from not putting people in prison for something thats essentially harmless. Those munis that are planning to tax heavily are just continuing the persecution ini a different manner.

Thats exactly what I was trying to say, perfectly said brother.:bravo:

Sounds like something the "leaders" in Bell Ca would think of !! Higher Finance !

Sounds like something the "leaders" in Bell Ca would think of !! Higher Finance !

Ex telco here. BeLL Canada is buying up all the profitable chunks of my ex-employer. Now we have a CEO whose primary function is cuts. She is making 11 million dollars this year. ABout 10x what the previous CEO made, who was there to run the company. Poorly, I might add.
It might be "higher" finance but we don't know what they're high on.
None of this matters as long as my pension keeps arriving every 2 weeks.:wood:

Ex telco here. BeLL Canada is buying up all the profitable chunks of my ex-employer. Now we have a CEO whose primary function is cuts. She is making 11 million dollars this year. ABout 10x what the previous CEO made, who was there to run the company. Poorly, I might add.
It might be "higher" finance but we don't know what they're high on.
None of this matters as long as my pension keeps arriving every 2 weeks.:wood:

...and the curtain closes on the state of the middle class... :helpsmilie: :bitingnails: :phew: What will the next generation do? I know :eek:fftopic: :sorry:

They'll do the same work for half the money.

No worries. ol hippy and I brought it up in the first place.:smokin:

I am saying these are city ordinances and taxes that have nothing to do with actual prop 19, and it is murky on both ends, if you think this prop or the issues surrounding it are anything short of san francisco fog then you dont live in cali or you don't know what your talking about because the truth is not clear on any of them. All I was saying is do your research, I wasnt lobbying for or against prop 19. Example:

Agreed. Like anything else that happens in the CA legislative arena, we won't know what it means or how it will work for 10-20 years after it passes. Lawyers and judges will be twisting this thing all sorts of ways.

Rancho Cordova readies measure to tax marijuana cultivators

Voters in Rancho Cordova will decide in November whether to tax residents who grow their own pot.

The city measure, put on the Nov. 2 ballot by the City Council this week, would impose taxes on all local residential cultivation if California voters approve Proposition 19 to legalize recreational use.

But the city's proposed "Personal Cannabis Cultivation Tax" also makes no distinction between medical and recreational cultivation. So the tax would kick in for anyone currently cultivating for personal medical use -- whether Prop 19 passes or not.

Well if it kicks in whether Prop 19 passes or not, then Prop 19 is not part of the equation, I guess. I'm open to being convinced otherwise, but I am skeptical that such an ordinance would be lawful. Otherwise we'd already have them in most of CA's conservative counties.

If passed by local voters, the taxation measure in the Sacramento County city would make at-home cultivation a much more expensive endeavor.

The Rancho Cordova measure would impose a $600 annual tax per square foot of indoor cultivation of 25 square feet of marijuana or less and a $900 per square foot tax if the indoor growing area is more than 25 square feet.

The city tax would cost a local indoor grower $6,000 a year on 10 square feet of pot plants and $15,000 for 25 square feet. Outdoor growers, who would be billed at a lower rate, would pay a $1,200 residential tax for 25 square feet of marijuana plants.

If Prop 19 passes, it would allow California adults over 21 to cultivate in a 25-square foot residential space. Medical growers often exceed those limits by cultivating with other pot patients.

Under California law, individuals with physicians' recommendations for marijuana can have six mature or 12 immature plants and eight ounces of dried pot at any time.

The California Supreme Court has ruled that medical users can exceed those limits if their cultivation is consistent with their medical needs.

So like I said Just beware because NONE of these props, ordinances, measures are clear at all, and all I was saying in the last post was to do your research before you make a vote which may have a worse outcome for us regular Joe's. I live in cali and will personally be voting for prop 19 but I like all the facts and even opinions to be out there. A lot of these are only PROPOSED measures meaning they might just be out there to confuse and derail people from voting for prop 19, and may disappear fully after the vote in November. There are as many people out there for prop 19 as there are against it and both sides have money.

I think you're onto their tactics. FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) is an abundant tactic on the opposing side. I'm just waiting to see how much worse it gets now that the Mormans have dumped $40 Million into the opposition camp.

(My comments above in bold.)

No matter what, I think it will be easy to challenge any ordinance that imposes heavy taxes on medical grows. No matter how you twist the letter of the law, the courts do a pretty good job of taking the spirit of the law into account... such as with the case you reference. SB420 specifically states that localities could impose limits as low as 6 plants/8 ounces. So I don't see how a locality would get away with imposing restrictions/taxes NOT sanctioned by SB420.

I respect your skepticism on the subject. It's good to look a horse in the mouth before buying it. I've done my homework on it, and believe that only good can come of Prop 19. Even though it doesn't directly/significantly benefit me (as I already can grow/possess as a medical patient), I will be voting for Prop 19.

The 2 extra Mango's are getting pretty close. They're on 10 weeks from the flip, 8 1/2 weeks from first pistils. Trichs are over 90% cloudy but no amber yet.:confused:

I guess I stopped feeding a little early because they've both eaten almost every leaf they had(should be a smooth smoke). Been under a mix of lighting until I got my original 288w repaired and I left them in the 2 gallon pots because I thought they were going elsewhere. They suffered through an extended period of bound roots while I waited to see if they would preflower, before transplanting into the 2 gallon pots. Apparently stressed plants aren't as likely to preflower so all that accomplished was to delay everything. And teach me someting else I didn't know.

Anyway, while finger trimming some yellowed up leaves last night(even some of the sugar leaves are going) I broke a bud off by mistake so I'll have a sample smoke tonight after a little further drying on top off a light. The buds are solid and sticky, strong smell compared to the stifled plants I was getting in my basement closet. Maybe improve that with a modified exhaust for next round. I haven't been able to talk myself into cutting a hole in the ceiling yet to vent through my eaves, lol.

IMG_25894.JPG

IMG_25963.JPG

Back
Top Bottom