Mmmmick 288W LED Development SCROG White Widow

Looks like it has filled in quite nicely!! That's alot of Tops:high-five:

Great Job Mmmmick

Nice job on packing that SCrOG, Mick :thumb: How hard is it getting the buds out of that skinny screening? I used woven plastic clothes line ( ala Papa Green), pretty easy to move out of the way, but still a process, to say the least. That molded stuff must be make for a delicate extraction?

Dang that mold!

:peace:

Hi Horse, thanks but it was maybe a little too packed. Actually it was my reluctance to trim as much as I should have, combined with insufficient air movement over the canopy. The WW didn't look bad until I chopped it and had a closer look. It's a complete write-off. PM spread lightly all through it. I'll quick dry for weight since the yield is relevant but none of it will be consumable. I'm not gonna bother trying to save any of it. The remaining 2 plants are coming down a couple of days early, this afternoon. They both look clean but that might change when I can get a scope on them. I don't see any signs of PM even on the lower buds. Those two have a lot more room for air movement so they might be ok.
The WW was the worst of the bunch sitting in that back corner. Didn't have any heavy spots but PM spread lightly all through it. Without a microscope it looks pretty good but under the scope it's infected eveywhere.

Yeah this screen is a little tricky when harvesting but creative scissor work gets the bud out in good shape. A scrog that can be cut out of the way speeds things up but I decided to save it this time around.

I would feel down about the loss to PM but as soon as I saw the first spots I began to prep myself for a hit in yield.
I'll still have the yield numbers for an assesment of the light's performance. The plants matured fully and I'll have a somewhat accurate weight(a little lower due to the tight trim) even though a lot will end up trashed.

I'm beginning to think that spraying for PM just makes it worse.

Looks like it has filled in quite nicely!! That's alot of Tops:high-five:

Great Job Mmmmick

Thanks L1, definitely lots of tops. They didn't fill in as well as I thought they might but that's due to the congested growth. Four plants would have been a better choice.

I'll still end up with enough salvageable bud to keep me smokin but losses are adding up. Could have been worse. I'm planning to rearrange a number of things in the grow room and make some changes during my upcoming break.

Won't be too many closeup bud pics though, lol. I'm not gonna let it get to me. I still think the grow showed what I needed to show with this light, although the crop produced less consumable smoke than expected.

Hi Mmmmick !! :slide:

Going to be busy week for you......but the rewards will make up for it. Happy for you my friend! Spring is in the air! :grinjoint:

Hi OMM, my workload has diminished with the tossing of the WW. As soon as I got the fan leaves off and scoped it I knew I didn't have to worry about a decent trim. The Cheese and Mangos got a heavy trim just to be sure and the Afghani looks like it should be fine so it's not a complete loss. I even have an early bud from the WW thats not impacted so I can do a smoke test to decide if this WW pheno is the keeper.

Oddly enough, I'm not bothered by the loss in useable yield. Now if the grow hadn't completed I would have felt worse about it because there wouldn't have been anything gained re light performance and that, ultimately, is what I needed to get done here. PM losses don't reflect on the performance of the light, imo. I'll get weights from the quick dried buds before tossing them and still have clean bud to smoke from the remainder.

And the sun is out, spring is on the way, and the 3 1/2 feet of snow that was on my front lawn is gone. wooohhhooo heheh
:cheer::):grinjoint:

Lights on, time to take the other 2 plants down. These two are the cleanest of the bunch. I'll update as soon as I get a scope on them.

Wow I feel Like I have been away forever from this site!! Its good to be back. Your grow looks amazing like usual another beautiful SCROG grow I love it. Cant wait to see what those ladies look like undressed!!:cheer: Seems Like LED is taking over the threads I like to see people trying new stuff. How far do you generally keep your LED from canopy? Seems Like you got the height just right for flowering, those buds are thickies!! I quickly realized last time that LED lights are very sensitive to height and there is an optimal range of distance. I have been using about 6 inches to a maximum of 12 inches from the canopy and that seems perfect. I got a new 800 Watt LED grow Going come check It out, just started last night with my journal, should be a fun ride. Anomoly's Big Bud 800 Watt LED/CFL Grow. I will be sticking around to see your final product:popcorn:

Well, Phooey Mmmmick!:smokin::smokin:

Sure sorry that the PM was worse than you thought.:yikes::yikes:
It's so hard to see and even worse in a SCROG.
Glad you had some that made it. :)

I always had that feeling too, that spraying might even make it worse.
Hindsight is aways a pain.....if only those fans had got there sooner.

At least your going to have the some good buds and not all is lost. ;)

Like you always say "Lessons Learned". I know your thinking already of what your going to do different on the next one.

Phooey is not nearly strong enough to describe what I'm feeling for you, old Friend! :smokin:

Hey Blue, lucky the freebies are only once a month. That helps limit the credit card impact.

My latest order:
Order Inventory:
Product: Nirvana Seeds Aurora Indica Feminized
Options: Feminized Seeds Per Pack - 05 Seeds
Quantity: 1
Product Code: NIRQ72/NSF502
Price: £24.99

Product: Barneys Farm Violator Kush Feminized
Product Code: BARN524F/no du barn524f
Price: £31.99

Product: CH9 Female Seeds Herijuanna Jack 33
Product Code: CH9A149/ch9510
Price: £26.99

Product: FREE SEED T H Seeds Burmese Kush Feminized
Product Code: FREE SEED
Price: £0.00

Product: FREE SEED T H Seeds Kushage Feminized

Product: FREE SEED T H Seeds S.A.G.E Feminized

Product: UFO#1 Dinafem Seeds Diesel

Product: FREE SEEDS 2 x T H Seeds Heavy Duty Fruity

Product: FREE SEEDS x 2 TH Seeds Darkstar

Product: FREE SEED G13 Labs New Strain Feminized

Product: UFO#2 Dinafem Seeds White Widow

Product: UFO#3 Dinafem Seeds Powerkush

Good to hear you're coming around. It can't hurt to have a couple of strains like that in your stash for days when you need a little inspiration.

I've got a few spots that had to be cut out but I'm starting to take them down anyway so it won't get worse.Shouldn't lose much more than a few of the lower buds.

11 weeks 12/12

The Cheese and 2 of the mangos are about 20%-30% amber, right where I wanted them this round. The White Widow is mostly cloudy no amber, Just about right as well.
Afghani and the last Mango in front can go a little longer.

Lost a couple of lower buds to PM even though humidity has under 40% for most of the grow. Once the new fans are installed that should be a thing of the past.

Before the chop.

IMG_39852.JPG

IMG_3981.JPG

Hey Mmmmick! Sorry I've been away but this flu just won't go away and has me semi-depressed, I'm fighting my way out of it.

First off what an awesome seed order! 9 freebies is good work buddy. I've got that Aurora Indica on my radar now, everyone is raving about it.

That scrog looks so good, f'n PM. I was going to suggest a water cure too, if it's just surface mold that would work perfectly and you will not have a speck of mold when it's done in a week or so. Let me know if you're interested.

Spring helps for sure although it's not too springlike here, cold and wet blah.

Take care my friend... we grow and learn and improve, that's the cycle... :peace:

OH MAN! That sucks, I make me change my mind thinking I made a mistake taking things apart so I get some more air flow. I might get less yield but if I can avoid the PM it will be well worth it. I feel so bad for you, that just really sucks. Good luck

Wow I feel Like I have been away forever from this site!! Its good to be back. Your grow looks amazing like usual another beautiful SCROG grow I love it. Cant wait to see what those ladies look like undressed!!:cheer: Seems Like LED is taking over the threads I like to see people trying new stuff. How far do you generally keep your LED from canopy? Seems Like you got the height just right for flowering, those buds are thickies!! I quickly realized last time that LED lights are very sensitive to height and there is an optimal range of distance. I have been using about 6 inches to a maximum of 12 inches from the canopy and that seems perfect. I got a new 800 Watt LED grow Going come check It out, just started last night with my journal, should be a fun ride. Anomoly's Big Bud 800 Watt LED/CFL Grow. I will be sticking around to see your final product:popcorn:

Thanks Anomoly. Looks great but took a pretty good hit from the PM. The buds I salvaged are mostly pretty heavily trimmed so they don't look so great other than the last Mango. That one didn't need the heavy trim and the buds look petty good to me..

IMG_3997_mango_B.JPG

Yeah leds are sensitive to distance. Too close and the nodes stack real tight. I use a range of 8 to 16" The dispersion angle of the leds used influences the height as well. That 800w led you are using might need a little more distance to the plants. I'll get over for a look.

As soon as I get my scales back I'll get some yield numbers posted.

Well, Phooey Mmmmick!:smokin::smokin:

Sure sorry that the PM was worse than you thought.:yikes::yikes:
It's so hard to see and even worse in a SCROG.
Glad you had some that made it. :)

I always had that feeling too, that spraying might even make it worse.
Hindsight is aways a pain.....if only those fans had got there sooner.

At least your going to have the some good buds and not all is lost. ;)

Like you always say "Lessons Learned". I know your thinking already of what your going to do different on the next one.

Phooey is not nearly strong enough to describe what I'm feeling for you, old Friend! :smokin:

Hi OMM, yeah it settled in deeper than I thought it would. The White Widow really was covered in PM but it wasn't on the leaves it was at the juncture where the sugar leaves poke out of the buds. Thats why I didn't see it. It didn't really show until the buds were opened up a bit, but it was ALL through that plant. I didn't bother trying to save any of the widow but I quick dried it outside so I could get yield numbers at least. It was as sticky as anything I've grown yet, would have been very nice smoke.

The fan situation is corrected already. A 36" tower fan in the corner and a 12"osc fan at the top of the cabinet. I have another tower fan but I don't think it's needed.

I did manage to salvage enough to keep the stash going for a while, so it's all good. I do seem to have a habit of learning the hard way though, lol.

Phooey will do, I'm not all that disturbed about it.
Not pleased, mind you, but it wasn't a total loss.

Hay Mick, have you seen Woodsman and BlueDog's water cure for PM? Might be worth a shot.

:goodluck:

:peace:

Hi Horse, I considered a water cure but the way the PM settled in I would think about it every time I broke open a bud. It went pretty deep on the widow in particular.
Siscokid did a water cure a while back. Pretty straightforward. I just trimmed deep instead and dried a bit more than usual. Appreciate the idea though.

Hey Mmmmick! Sorry I've been away but this flu just won't go away and has me semi-depressed, I'm fighting my way out of it.

First off what an awesome seed order! 9 freebies is good work buddy. I've got that Aurora Indica on my radar now, everyone is raving about it.

That scrog looks so good, f'n PM. I was going to suggest a water cure too, if it's just surface mold that would work perfectly and you will not have a speck of mold when it's done in a week or so. Let me know if you're interested.

Spring helps for sure although it's not too springlike here, cold and wet blah.

Take care my friend... we grow and learn and improve, that's the cycle... :peace:

Hey Blue, take your time and get better. I hate the way the flu can take forever to clear up. Had a few bad ones. Don't let it get to you.

Yeah the seed order got me a step closer to the number of strains OMM has in his seed bank, heheh. The UFO's got changed but still some nice freebies.

Thanks Blue, I've already trimmed and tossed what I couldn't save but I'll keep the water cure in mind for the future.

Always learning, sometimes obvious things but they stick when it impacts the crop.

Sorry bro, lesson learned for a few of us, less can be more in the case of a scrog... Keep up the good work

Hi Outdoorsman, yep another lesson learned. I should have done a hell of a lot more trimming instead of tucking, I guess. Four plants might have been a better choice.
Thanks Outdoorsman, I'll keep bashing away.

OH MAN! That sucks, I make me change my mind thinking I made a mistake taking things apart so I get some more air flow. I might get less yield but if I can avoid the PM it will be well worth it. I feel so bad for you, that just really sucks. Good luck

Hi Sonzor, it does suck but not a total loss at least. Keep the air moving and you'll be fine. I'm not sure trimming will cause lower yield. I notice my tops weren't as long as last grow. I think it's because of the proximity of all those leaves to the budsites, keeping them shaded.

I haven't lost it all so don't feel too badly for me. I appreciate the thought.

Keep an eye on my sog Mmmmick. I'm going to come as close to possible to growing these plants without fan leaves, I've already started trimming some. Hopefully it will work but I'll leave a few alone just in case. Maybe we'll all learn some new tricks.

Yeah trimming has only helped my plants, those LEDs wont penetrate through the leaves, ive taken about 50% of one of my autos interior/inward facing leaves and shes happy as could be. Ima check out your SOG blue, I want to see your results.

Peace everyone, and thank jebus spring is here:amen:

Hi Horse, thanks but it was maybe a little too packed. Actually it was my reluctance to trim as much as I should have, combined with insufficient air movement over the canopy. The WW didn't look bad until I chopped it and had a closer look. It's a complete write-off. PM spread lightly all through it. I'll quick dry for weight since the yield is relevant but none of it will be consumable. I'm not gonna bother trying to save any of it. The remaining 2 plants are coming down a couple of days early, this afternoon. They both look clean but that might change when I can get a scope on them. I don't see any signs of PM even on the lower buds. Those two have a lot more room for air movement so they might be ok.
The WW was the worst of the bunch sitting in that back corner. Didn't have any heavy spots but PM spread lightly all through it. Without a microscope it looks pretty good but under the scope it's infected eveywhere.

Yeah this screen is a little tricky when harvesting but creative scissor work gets the bud out in good shape. A scrog that can be cut out of the way speeds things up but I decided to save it this time around.

I would feel down about the loss to PM but as soon as I saw the first spots I began to prep myself for a hit in yield.
I'll still have the yield numbers for an assesment of the light's performance. The plants matured fully and I'll have a somewhat accurate weight(a little lower due to the tight trim) even though a lot will end up trashed.

I'm beginning to think that spraying for PM just makes it worse.

Man sorry Mmmmick, I didn't read this post till now... I couldn't remember you getting PM. Lesson #12,341 LEARNED. I started doing all sorts of trimming since I saw a video of a real good Vegetable gardner. He had all kinds of tomatoes growing with crazy names, made you think of killer bud strains. But he was saying that the more airflow to the fruits was always better.

Hope you get a decent smokable yield still, I'll be blasting green cozmic rays to ya' :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom