Mono's Monster 4.0

Wanted to ask your advice about the size of containers when using coco. I read somewhere that big pots for coco isn't necessary, however I see you're using a 36 litre fabric pot and clearly your lady is massive and the buds too will be massive haha. What are your thoughts if you don't mind me asking?

First grow: Skoondawg's Soil - South African Bag Seed - HPS & CFL SCROG Cabinet 2016/17

Wanted to ask your advice about the size of containers when using coco. I read somewhere that big pots for coco isn't necessary, however I see you're using a 36 litre fabric pot and clearly your lady is massive and the buds too will be massive haha. What are your thoughts if you don't mind me asking?

First grow: Skoondawg's Soil - South African Bag Seed - HPS & CFL SCROG Cabinet 2016/17

With coco it's generally compared to soil when it comes to choosing container size - if the plants are of comparable size then smaller containers of coco will outperform larger containers of soil.

It's all relative to plant size, and ensuring a strong and well established root system before transplanting. Ideally you want to be watering (feeding) coco every 24 hours if growing intensively.

When roots are growing after a transplant then you want to alternate wet and dry cycles, whilst still feeding on a daily basis. Once the plant has established in the new container then keeping the coco moist at all times helps keep pH levels in check.

On the other hand, if the container is too large for the plant, then you are wasting nutrients and slowing root development (although it's really hard to over water in coco.)

Long story short - when compared to soil with comparable sized plants, the coco plants could be in containers half the size. When growing big plants it's essential to provide enough roots for the desired buds. I'm sure the plant I'm growing could grow in a 10 litre pot, but I would be spending my life watering her.

On the other hand- I tried a 56 litre pot last time around, and although she was a good producer I wasn't able to feed as intensively ( once every 48 hours) and this really hurt the final yield.

Edit - don't know if I answered your question or not lol

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Flowering day 31.

I've cleared the rest of the lower growth that didn't look like a good producer, so what's left on the plant will be staying until the end :).

I also gave her another defoliation at canopy level to let some more air in around the buds.

Since we are now passed the half way mark, I've started lowering the nitrogen in the feed - this is as simple as changing from using canna coco a and b @ 50/50 to using it at a 40/60 ratio.

Hopefully the underskirt pics show what I mean about removing the lower growth.

420-magazine-mobile1553062046.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1909903794.jpg

And what's remaining. I will get some pics up tomorrow under a more natural light again.

420-magazine-mobile1143543723.jpg

420-magazine-mobile523142795.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1383155595.jpg

420-magazine-mobile253353823.jpg

Flowering day 31.

I've cleared the rest of the lower growth that didn't look like a good producer, so what's left on the plant will be staying until the end :).

I also gave her another defoliation at canopy level to let some more air in around the buds.

Since we are now passed the half way mark, I've started lowering the nitrogen in the feed - this is as simple as changing from using canna coco a and b @ 50/50 to using it at a 40/60 ratio.

Hopefully the underskirt pics show what I mean about removing the lower growth.

420-magazine-mobile1553062046.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1909903794.jpg

And what's remaining. I will get some pics up tomorrow under a more natural light again.

420-magazine-mobile1143543723.jpg

420-magazine-mobile523142795.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1383155595.jpg

420-magazine-mobile253353823.jpg

Amazingly neat trimmed bush. How long has she been alive again mono ?:smokin:

Wow...perfect training. How did you do this? <3

Thanks fella! She was given minimal low stress training as she grew, but the main method of training was pulling her over with a screen like this -

IMG_2881_1_.JPG

I would leave the screen on for a day or two to encourage horizontal growth. After a couple of days I removed the screen again and let her grow free for another week or so ;)

Gnarly and Beautiful :thumb:

:circle-of-love::thanks:

Amazingly neat trimmed bush. How long has she been alive again mono ?:smokin:

Cheers bud! She was germinated sometime towards the end of September last year, so all in all she has been growing for roughly four months ;)

Thanks fella! She was given minimal low stress training as she grew, but the main method of training was pulling her over with a screen like this -

IMG_2881_1_.JPG

I would leave the screen on for a day or two to encourage horizontal growth. After a couple of days I removed the screen again and let her grow free for another week or so ;)

:circle-of-love::thanks:

Funny, like i did the first time this run. The temporary scrog. I have a heavy metal screen too that came with the wardrobe i am growing in. You know these thingies, about 2 inch squares. you can throw your socks on there lol

My first journal What's That? - White Light - What Does It Do? - It Grows

Using that light My very first DIY COB fixture

Funny, like i did the first time this run. The temporary scrog. I have a heavy metal screen too that came with the wardrobe i am growing in. You know these thingies, about 2 inch squares. you can throw your socks on there lol

I have a funny feeling that might be the exact place I acquired the screen from too haha. It's certainly much easier than tying down tens of branches every day ;)

Six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch! Daylight comes and me want to go, yo! Yo, Mono you got a problem. There is a weed in your porch! what a nice problem you got there! Haha, she is beautiful, man! :love: :Namaste:

I have a funny feeling that might be the exact place I acquired the screen from too haha. It's certainly much easier than tying down tens of branches every day ;)

Yes thats true. I put it on top for 3 days and after i removed it i tied down the 4 main branches on this thing until the smaller plants had grown to the same height.

I like tying alot more then the fiddely scrogging every day. I have developed a routine that is almost no stress to me. But i only tied them down 2 or 3 times in the last 4 weeks, i wouldnt want to do this daily :)

Lets have a look into my picture folder
... Dingdingding

Here they are 10 days ago.
420-magazine-mobile2024918891.jpg

Visit my journal to see what happened since then. . .

We are now on flowering day 34, seems like I have been looking at this plant for a lifetime now haha.

Last night I ran 15 litres of pH balanced water with some added cal mag to flush out any extra salts that had built up. She is back to normal feeding routine again.

I also finally got around to cloning the purple Kush in veg, so fingers crossed we will have some healthy growing clones in the next couple of weeks.

Anyway, here we are on day 34 :)

420-magazine-mobile1097264979.jpg
420-magazine-mobile702718850.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1178642899.jpg
420-magazine-mobile457858760.jpg
420-magazine-mobile882771464.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2075264543.jpg

Damn Mono she's looking so good and tasty, I can almost taste that just by looking at it lol. When did you say you were coming fixing up my garden and growing mine like that again? Good job sir my cap is doffed ;)

Back
Top Bottom