Mono's Monster 4.0

the plant looks like it's growing new flowers. this has happened to me before when I lowered my light while in flower.

how do you like the led grow light so far? have you flowered under it?

looking mighty fine.

The LED is good, very different to HPS but good all the same. I've not flowered with it yet, not convinced it's able to produce buds the same as a HID light does.

It's a good light for veg, covers the whole 4x4 tent and only uses around 220 watts of power. Quite like CFL it promotes short, compact plants :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Damn Mono, almost looks like she's trying to reveg. No faulty timer in there or anything? Thought it best mentioned just in case mate :passitleft:

It does, reminds me of taking clones from a flowering plant, the new growth always looks like that at first.

There isn't any light leaks, and all the timers etc are outside the tent. Just spun the timer around and checked - we are definitely running on 12/12.

There is some regular foxtailing on other buds, so I wonder if I've stressed her in some way to make some of the growth the way it is.

420-magazine-mobile162863197.jpg

Flowering day 16 and the training is over. I'm pretty happy with the way she looks, and we have buds filling pretty much all of in the 16 square feet we have available.

I think if I'm going to pull 1kg from a single plant under the 600 watt hps then this is the plant that will do it.

Watering tonight was 8 litres mixed with canna coco A and B @ half strength.

Coco is due to be delivered tomorrow so the veg plants will get a much needed transplant. I will also get a chance to pick monos monster 5.0...

Anyway, here she is on day 16 -

3978b37d1712385669e4a2ca42eb685c.jpg

021373ac284ebd7aa760f28a5d3e4c99.jpg

46cb6abd06ff9e6edeec75ee088467f1.jpg

ace6d98171cc18a42641a4efaa38f096.jpg

7b9523f984de1c72837c1c08ad2fb7c2.jpg

d4caaf9d6261957f834fa1b798c3ec8b.jpg

As always comments, criticism or questions more than welcome :):).

Looks like an utter beast mono what have you got Instore for us on the 5.0 looking forward to that aswell I may even join you on making my own monster in the future but mine will be done under led I'll be sure to stalking your journals for some presious knowledge .

Velk's First Grow Journal - Coco - Auto - LED

Velk's 2nd Grow Journal - Mephisto Metropolis - Coco - LED

Agc Auto Growers Club

Looks like an utter beast mono what have you got Instore for us on the 5.0 looking forward to that aswell I may even join you on making my own monster in the future but mine will be done under led I'll be sure to stalking your journals for some presious knowledge .

Cheers fella!

The next big girl is Northern Lights X Big Bud from world of seeds. I've grown the strain once before and it's an exceptionally good yielding strain.

She's been growing from seed for about three weeks now, and she will have about another nine weeks of veg to go since after this plant is harvested I've got a quick flip of purple Kush and northern lights x big bud to do ;)

Hello Mono, something like that happened, to my first girl. She was foxtailing, underfed, wind burned and she started to grow new leaves like yours. I think it is stress related but that could vary... Good luck with her tho, she looks very nice! :thumb:
P1070848.JPG

Cheers fella!

The next big girl is Northern Lights X Big Bud from world of seeds. I've grown the strain once before and it's an exceptionally good yielding strain.

She's been growing from seed for about three weeks now, and she will have about another nine weeks of veg to go since after this plant is harvested I've got a quick flip of purple Kush and northern lights x big bud to do ;)

I haven't tried any big bud or northern lights strains as of yet I will have to soon

Oo purple kush what's that strain like I think when I try my monster I'll go for something out there maybe Sherbert or gelato I'll do this after a few goes with photos can you recomend any to try out

Agc Auto Growers Club

Hello Mono, something like that happened, to my first girl. She was foxtailing, underfed, wind burned and she started to grow new leaves like yours. I think it is stress related but that could vary... Good luck with her tho, she looks very nice! :thumb:
P1070848.JPG

Thanks bud. I think I've over fed this one slightly when it comes to nitrogen - judging by the leaf colour this late in flowering. Not sure what caused her to put out so much new growth like that though.

It's only four affected buds and other than the tips the rest of the bud has developed very well so it shouldn't cause too many issues with the final harvest. (I hope)

I haven't tried any big bud or northern lights strains as of yet I will have to soon

Oo purple kush what's that strain like I think when I try my monster I'll go for something out there maybe Sherbert or gelato I'll do this after a few goes with photos can you recomend any to try out

Agc Auto Growers Club

There's so many strains out there it's hard to narrow it down at all.

Purple kush is from cropking seeds, never tried it before, but I've got two different plants which I've cloned so hopping for a purple pheno to keep in stock :)

What do you expect? ITS A MONSTER! monster gotta mutate. That plant is awesome!
I thought the same. I mean hallo? Has this ANYTHING to do with nature to train her like this? No. Its fine and will yield abnormously anyway. Take it as it is, as this maybe has nothing to do with anything mono did or did not. it is great af, thats for shure. :)

Current Grow SeymoreNuggets Flowering Journal - Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2x3 - 420W DIY COB

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Mono nice plant! I know you use canna coco nutrients. Are they your favorite or have you tried any others?

Can't wait to watch this finish out!

Erm, I use canna nutes really just down to convenience and habit. I stumbled upon their soil, way back as a new grower and it worked wonderfully well, so it was really just a natural progression to their coco and nutrients when I made the switch. They are good nutrients, that work well with the medium, so long as your careful to only ever push as hard as 50% recommended strength any stronger and they very quickly become over fed.

I've never tried any other nutrients, once I find something that works, it takes a lot to make me change or try something new ;)

Erm, I use canna nutes really just down to convenience and habit. I stumbled upon their soil, way back as a new grower and it worked wonderfully well, so it was really just a natural progression to their coco and nutrients when I made the switch. They are good nutrients, that work well with the medium, so long as your careful to only ever push as hard as 50% recommended strength any stronger and they very quickly become over fed.

I've never tried any other nutrients, once I find something that works, it takes a lot to make me change or try something new ;)

Try high-brix living organic soil. It should work fine. One pot to make you wonder. Keep us posted, she is huge!

So we are coming to the end of flowering week 7. We have been on 12/12 for almost 60 days now.

The 'foxtailing' issue isn't getting any better, nor any worse so in light of some visitors at the weekend, I've made the executive decision to harvest her this evening before the lights come on.

After a look at the trichs we have about 80% cloudy, which I'm very happy with :).

So a last look at her growing in all her glory

420-magazine-mobile1027975755.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2005389524.jpg

Back
Top Bottom