Mono's Monster 4.0

Some great looking colas there mono. Will definitely be your biggest yielded so far. Can't wait for final dry weight.

Some great looking colas there mono. Will definitely be your biggest yielded so far. Can't wait for final dry weight.

Cheers fella! Fingers crossed it's a good haul ;)

What a beautiful plant mono. I have learnt so much from this journal. I can't wait to get growing again and use some of that knowledge.

Thanks bud! It's good to hear others are learning, and taking information from journals. It's one of the things that makes this community so good. Best of luck when your back growing. :thumb:

Great looking colas surprised you've gout room to keep moving that light haha. How much stretch do you think you've had since flipping?

:thanks: It's getting tight in the tent now, that's for sure - I can't really raise the light much more now, but I can lower her down a little as she is raised up about 2ft so i can squeeze in underneath her for removing leaves etc.

Just before flowering she was 16 inches tall (from base of stem to canopy) She is now sitting at 42 inches from base of stem to top of buds, so just over one meter tall ;)

So she has stretched about 3x her original size over the past month, but the lower 8 inches of growth has been removed - The HPS can't penetrate that deep into the canopy (we all have our limitations :rofl:)

From charts I've looked at before the optimum distance for hanging 600 watt hps bulbs is between 8 and 29 inches from the top of the plant. So by the charts she should be getting roughly 52k lumens at the top of the plant slowly dropping to 5k lumens at the lower growth :)

Flowering day 24. We are getting close to the half way mark.

She was fed with canna coco a and b with an added shot of PK 13/14 this evening. Tomorrow she will get plain water with some dolomite lime then back to canna coco a and b again.

9a5a9cb7c6b502b6e70fc5eeecaf8443.jpg

Time for another update. We are now on Flowering day 27 - Breeder recommends 60 days and fingers crossed we should be able to chop very close to then.

The buds seem to have finally slowed on their vertical growth, it's easy to see them putting on weight now, although I'm sure the pics won't show it haha.

She's going through another growth spirt at the moment, watering to runoff is now taking 10 litres, where as six was doing it a couple of days ago.

So here we are, flowering day 27 and all is well.

420-magazine-mobile616830749.jpg

420-magazine-mobile429985803.jpg

420-magazine-mobile594676220.jpg

420-magazine-mobile226130270.jpg

420-magazine-mobile270739058.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1827325318.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Beautiful Mono! Are you gonna do selective harvest or all at once? I would back build the tallest colas now, depending how much they have been stretching? The rest later? Just my 0.02$ I like those buds, is she showing more of a indica or sativa traits? You have a nice bunch there! :bravo: :love: :Namaste:

Beautiful Mono! Are you gonna do selective harvest or all at once? I would back build the tallest colas now, depending how much they have been stretching? The rest later? Just my 0.02$ I like those buds, is she showing more of a indica or sativa traits? You have a nice bunch there! :bravo: :love: :Namaste:

Thanks bud! She is going to be harvested all at the same time, mainly because I've got the plants in the vegetative tent to get straight in when she is done.

That's pretty much what I was thinking with the back building, the 8 or 9 taller colas in the middle of the plant are the longer, thinner ones, so they really need taking care of sooner rather than later.

I'd say she is really 50/50 to be honest, during stretch I was convinced she was a sativa dominant pheno but now she is well I into budding we have plenty of fatter indica style buds. Unfortunatley the leaves are giving away no secrets lol

Looking great mono. Do you defol much in flowering ? As in a set routine or just play it by ear ?:nomo:

Cheers fella!

I defol less now than I used to do. I don't really follow any set routine, but she does loose a few leaves every day. Once she was finished stretching, I gave her a good trim to open up the lower bud sites.

I'm now mainly looking each day and removing new fan leaves that are shading buds, removing any older dying leaves, or anything that's causing overcrowding.

My theory is a handful of leaves lost on each day on a plant this size shouldn't be stressful, but removing a weeks worth of leaves in a day might slow her up a little :)

Back
Top Bottom