Mono's Monster 4.0

Hello Mono...wow very impressive....from memory you used to grow in soil...any particular reason you moved over to coco?

Also is that tent customized with the bars around the middle of the tent....I always looked at tents and wondered why there was never bars around the middle...so handy for training and hanging stuff on...

Dont get rude dude .

I'm not being rude...YOU ARE. There is no need to be sarcastic about a top grower on here. If you only have bad or sarcastic things to say then this isn't the forum for you. Please keep your silly comments in your head not on a 420 mags top grower thread.I will not respond to you on this thread nor on any other again.

1 kilo from her? Optimism is a good thing. :)

I see it being possible. I got a pound from a similar plant and didn't put much effort into it at all. As a matter of fact I mostly mucked up that entire grow. It went over 200 days and I lost interest about day 50. :biglaugh:

I'm not being rude...YOU ARE. There is no need to be sarcastic about a top grower on here. If you only have bad or sarcastic things to say then this isn't the forum for you. Please keep your silly comments in your head not on a 420 mags top grower thread.I will not respond to you on this thread nor on any other again.
If you get it this way, LUCKY ME. dont quote me when you dont get it and let the man speak for himself. Seriously. No grown man needs a cyber guard dog movement. My post was no offense, just a thought Mono can pick up itsself if he wants to. So please, dont act stupid yourself before you call someone else. If you cant handle this without being such a..., quit the internet

@Mono. I guess you are not offended, but sorry anyway for this mess. I would love to see that plant hit the 1000g. But i am very very sceptical for this very high goal.

Anyway... I love your mono monster growstyle. I am into this long veg plants too. But i guess it will be a hard mission when you only had one plant. So much patience needed :)

:high-five:

Hello Mono...wow very impressive....from memory you used to grow in soil...any particular reason you moved over to coco?

Also is that tent customized with the bars around the middle of the tent....I always looked at tents and wondered why there was never bars around the middle...so handy for training and hanging stuff on...

Thanks for the kind words fella! I'm not 100% sure on why I moved from soil to coco. After I had been growing for a year or so, curiosity got the better of me so I started experimenting with different growing methods, training methods and growing mediums.

I'd been growing smaller plants in soil, and started throwing a few in coco beside them. The growth rate with the coco was amazing. Say 3x as quick.

Around that time I also looked at quick turn around methods, 12/12 from seed or clone. Sea of green etc... 12/12 from seed in soil is rather pointless in my opinion as the plants don't grow quick enough, but in coco, it's a whole different ball game.

So to answer your question - I switched from soil to coco, simply because i find it an easier method of growing, and the growth rates are two to three times faster than soil.

As for the bars around the tent - They are literally just poles from old grow tents that have been past their best that i've put on the sides to stop the sides of the tent pulling too far in since the fan creates negative pressure within the tent. And the whole room for that matter. Your right, also really handy for tying the plant too ;)

1 kilo from her? Optimism is a good thing. :)

It's a necessary thing to keep us progressing in life. No sense in settling for the best you could do last time :thumb: In all honesty, it's a target I'm aiming for (have been with the two big plants before this one) Eventually I will pull one dry kilo from a single plant under the 600 watt hps... Each grow I tweak something else and the yield jumps up a little more.

Stats from previous grows.

1.0 350g (harvested at six weeks)
2.0 400g (Much smaller plant in a bigger pot, but POTM July 2016)
3.0 674g (That is a few grams over 24 ounces... From a low yielding strain. Buds worthy of NOTM)
4.0 Relatively high yielding strain this time around
5.0 NL x BB from world of seeds, I've grown this strain 4 times now and it's produces huge yielding plants

Less than 1.5 gram per watt should in theory be do-able... It's just a case of building the structure for a big, high yielding plant in the vegetative stage.

On another note. The illegality of my hobby (business) in Scotland means the lower the plant numbers the better. Since I've already been caught growing before, I'd much rather know I can pull the required weight with a handful of plants over 20 or 30.

:surf:

There will always be detractors and people who don't know that you have come close to this target before Mono...just do what you do and know that nobody likes a smart ass!

:thanks: But constructive criticism is always welcome on my threads. Besides, I've got a thick skin ;)

Dont get rude dude .

:thanks: See reply above :volcano-smiley:

I'm not being rude...YOU ARE. There is no need to be sarcastic about top grower on here. If you only have bad or sarcastic things to say then this isn't the forum for you. Please keep your silly comments in your head not on a 420 mags top grower thread.I will not respond to you on this thread nor on any other again.

:slide:

I see it being possible. I got a pound from a similar plant and didn't put much effort into it at all. As a matter of fact I mostly mucked up that entire grow. It went over 200 days and I lost interest about day 50. :biglaugh:

Thanks for the vote of confidence fella! :Namaste: It really is a game of patience when it comes to growing big plants :)

If you get it this way, LUCKY ME. dont quote me when you dont get it and let the man speak for himself. Seriously. No grown man needs a cyber guard dog movement. My post was no offense, just a thought Mono can pick up itsself if he wants to. So please, dont act stupid yourself before you call someone else. If you cant handle this without being such a..., quit the internet

@Mono. I guess you are not offended, but sorry anyway for this mess. I would love to see that plant hit the 1000g. But i am very very sceptical for this very high goal.

Anyway... I love your mono monster growstyle. I am into this long veg plants too. But i guess it will be a hard mission when you only had one plant. So much patience needed :)

I don't think there would be much point in running a journal if everyone came and posted - "hey looks great! We believe everything you say!"

I like a good discussion, to answer questions and share knowledge so No offence taken at all :):)

It's good fun growing big plants, especially to see in what ways we are able to manipulate nature. That said, I do like to do a couple of runs in between of smaller plants, just to keep the stash jars filled up.

Looking great mono!
She's a beast and already putting big nugs on! Looking good to get close to that kg mark mate .

Thanks very much fella! Judging by her structure so far, I'm confident we will see over 600 dry grams from her. 22 ounces and I will be a happy bunny and well on track with my production for the year. If we are lucky enough to pull the mythical 1000g then I might just have to take a holiday :rofl::rofl:

Anyway... Before I do an update at lights on. Some cotton candy ;)

P10409891.JPG
P10400162.JPG
P10400061.JPG
P10400213.JPG
P10400132.JPG

Hello squire and thanks for your detailed response about coco and the side bars! It brought up another question...your extraction fan...what cm3 is she and have you found add the filter takes 20% of the power away and also does each bend in your ducting take another 20% away..I'm asking as when I get set up mine will be akin to yours...with my tent being slightly smaller having 10.25 square feet to work with as opposed to your 14. I will have the same light but will not be air cooled like yours.

Cheers in advance

Hey Mono she's looking mint mate. Did you notice any difference in taste, terpenes content or anything after the switch from soil to coco?

Thanks bud!

I can't say there was any noticeable difference in any of the taste or quality of the buds between coco and soil. However, coco does produce higher yields... Soil helps bring out any colours the plant has the genetics to show :)

When I was growing in soil, I still used bottled nutrients. In fact, I just switched over from canna soil and their line of nutrients to their coco and respective nutrients. So I suppose there isn't much difference in the growing method with synthetic nutrients.

I'm almost certain there would be a massive difference in the quality of the buds between organic soil, and any hydro growing method such as coco.

Hello squire and thanks for your detailed response about coco and the side bars! It brought up another question...your extraction fan...what cm3 is she and have you found add the filter takes 20% of the power away and also does each bend in your ducting take another 20% away..I'm asking as when I get set up mine will be akin to yours...with my tent being slightly smaller having 10.25 square feet to work with as opposed to your 14. I will have the same light but will not be air cooled like yours.

Cheers in advance

No worries fella!

My extraction fan pulls 320 cubic meters per hour. So that's 12007 cubic feet an hour...

200 cubic feet per minute. The volume of the tent is roughly 98.9 cubic feet. So air should be changed every 30 seconds.

I don't use a carbon filter now, as we have no neighbours for four miles in either direction, unless you count the sheep that is! Anytime I've used the filter it really does lower the performance of the fan. Currently the fan creates negative pressure in the room where the two tents are, so it's effectively venting the whole room. When using the filter I'm lucky to get negative pressure in the tent alone.

Ducting... My run is only 6ft at the most (directly into loft and out loft vent) but you really want to keep it as straight as possible. And the run as short as possible.

If your planning on going for a 600 watt HPS (great light for the floor space your planning) I would highly recommend you go for an air cooled fixture. It's impossible to cool a tent, with the doors closed running an open HID unit of that size, if you can afford the extra cash for an air cooled hood then it will save you so many headaches down the line.

Thanks for the reply Mono...I got your other message on the other thread....I'm almost at 50 posts so I'll pm you when I'm there! Cheers

The coco arrived today. But I should have ordered two bags...

Transplanted the NL x BB from 8 litre pots up to 30 litre pots. I also removed all growth on them other than the main tops so I have some space to work with them in the weeks to come.

They look relatively small in those pots, but they had fully rooted the smaller pots and were ready to move up a step.

c90b7ca1b3df7cffd45ee20f9cb4af48.jpg

Purple Kush seedlings have another couple of weeks before transplant.

644d682f69044d7092425fecf6d3ddeb.jpg

One of the autos in the veg tent

2773b6fd8eff33379c5154ed1dc7f6b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom