Mr. 9-Milly Attempts Autos Again

I suggest that you set the lower limit to be 45%RH so that your humidifier kicks on. The upper limit should be set to 50%RH or so.
I'm within a mile of the ocean so I am always fighting high RH...my tent this winter hasn't been below 50% and I have seen it 99% when I am not paying attention. My tent is also in a space with ambient temps are 50-60F, so the tent temps are about 50-80F. I wanted to keep it simple and finally figured what works for this environment....I use large germinating mats 24/7, run the lights 18/6 (6 off during daylight solar gain with higher temps in the space), and I open a lower and ceiling tent vent and let the convective principle flow air through the tent...it worked great and then I got cocky and turned on the upper fan to move more air...which totally screwed it all up and got my walls dripping and 99%....switch fan off and immediately back to normal. It really does come down to dialing in your particular space.

I'm within a mile of the ocean so I am always fighting high RH...my tent this winter hasn't been below 50% and I have seen it 99% when I am not paying attention. My tent is also in a space with ambient temps are 50-70F, so the tent temps are about 50-80F. I wanted to keep it simple and finally figured what works for this environment....I use larger germinating mats 24/7, run the lights 18/6 (6 off during daylight solar gain with higher temps in the space), and I open a lower and upper tent vent and let convective air movement move air through the tent...it worked great and then I got cocky and turned on the upper fan to move air...totally screwed it all up and got my walls dripping and 99%....fan off, back to normal. It really does come down to dialing in your particular space.
I love this picture! All the colors! :drool:

Last winter I was in a 2x4' space, then this winter a 4x4'...funny how you are always like "I can squeeze one more in there..."
Yup!
:rofl:
I was planning on running a simple 6 autos this spring...

Buuuuut.... Seedsman blessed me with a few freebies for that C99 grow... they will be invading the Temple once they arrive.

I think I will just veg them through the whole auto run, then flip lights when I harvest the last auto.

It's gonna push my summer group back a bit, but I think it should work out. I think some of us are are just wired to push boundaries. LoL

It's gonna push my summer group back a bit, but I think it should work out.
I hear that...I planned on squeezing those C99 in the tent and vegging and then popping into the GH late April....but as I look out the window at the latest 10" of snow I am wondering when spring will actually arrive...:rolleyes:

I hear that...I planned on squeezing those C99 in the tent and vegging and then popping into the GH late April....but as I look out the window at the latest 10" of snow I am wondering when spring will actually arrive...:rolleyes:
We had freezing temps for the last 2 nights. Ugh! In f-n TX! LoL

I'm waiting for the sun to come up now so temps will get above freezing. I can't run the "window unit" a/c in my grow when outside temps freeze. It seized up and gets really loud.. not trying to attract any attention. LoL
I'm stuck with flipping it over to "fan" to pull the cold outside air, then dial my ballasts back to 50% when outside temps freeze.

P. I. T. A.
:rofl:

Well done!

The structure of that gal is amazing!

Lemon strains have been my Achilles heel since the start. I've never gotten one across the finish without something going wrong.
I hope to change that with these 2 SLHa girls... that's why I planted 2. LoL
Breaking the curse.
:thumb:
My early grows are embarrassing but I did successfully get a decent harvest from two super lemon haze photoperiod seeds. My second grow was Blueberry from CKS and of five seeds only one germinated and it somehow revegged on me. Long story short, the Blueberry I’m growing out right now is a bit of a ‘redemption’ grow for me. Always bothered me that I never got to try blueberry!
I'm within a mile of the ocean so I am always fighting high RH...my tent this winter hasn't been below 50% and I have seen it 99% when I am not paying attention. My tent is also in a space with ambient temps are 50-60F, so the tent temps are about 50-80F. I wanted to keep it simple and finally figured what works for this environment....I use large germinating mats 24/7, run the lights 18/6 (6 off during daylight solar gain with higher temps in the space), and I open a lower and ceiling tent vent and let the convective principle flow air through the tent...it worked great and then I got cocky and turned on the upper fan to move more air...which totally screwed it all up and got my walls dripping and 99%....switch fan off and immediately back to normal. It really does come down to dialing in your particular space.
Yeah you deal with the direct opposite situation I have here. I fight low humidity all year around unless it rains then RH is a problem. I have a dehumidifier in my tent as well.
So my humidifier and dehuey are both connected to the InkBird IHC 200 and that will keep it in the range you set.
I must warn you that my experience with dehueys has led me to the realization that not all dehumidifiers are created equal. It would pay dividends to buy one that is truly capable of removing moisture from your room.
Aside from that, in the colder months, does your homes heating system remove some humidity? Oftentimes my furnace dries the home out.
I have a space heater in the tent, the kind that has radiator fins with oil in the bottom, and that keeps the tent very dry as well.

I’ve done the 99%RH thing before a couple times as well haha! Open the tent and it’s a tropical rainforest hehe!
Your biggest challenge is to use the room that your tent is in as a “lung room” for which your tent will breathe. So it’s about finding out how best to control the environment in that room and not try to manipulate the whole house necessarily.

So my humidifier and dehuey are both connected to the InkBird IHC 200 and that will keep it in the range you set.
I must warn you that my experience with dehueys has led me to the realization that not all dehumidifiers are created equal. It would pay dividends to buy one that is truly capable of removing moisture from your room.
Aside from that, in the colder months, does your homes heating system remove some humidity? Oftentimes my furnace dries the home out.
I have a space heater in the tent, the kind that has radiator fins with oil in the bottom, and that keeps the tent very dry as well.

I’ve done the 99%RH thing before a couple times as well haha! Open the tent and it’s a tropical rainforest hehe!
Your biggest challenge is to use the room that your tent is in as a “lung room” for which your tent will breathe. So it’s about finding out how best to control the environment in that room and not try to manipulate the whole house necessarily.
I have the boss dehumidifier which I used in the cottage to dry out the timbers over the first winter...it works, but the lights in the neighborhood dim when it turns on and it's worse than the lights on the electric bill...so I only use it in worst case scenarios. The basement, as I said, is essentially a root cellar and often you can see the walls dripping...condensation from the heat differential...also use an electric heat pump to keep the whole cottage @ 50F and while I have heard people saying those dry out their homes, mine does not. It has a "dry out" feature but only when external temps are 50+. But, give all that, the tent is working well so I'm a happy camper.

I was looking all over my files for this...
weed-memes-3.png

Blew
I have the boss dehumidifier which I used in the cottage to dry out the timbers over the first winter...it works, but the lights in the neighborhood dim when it turns on and it's worse than the lights on the electric bill...so I only use it in worst case scenarios. The basement, as I said, is essentially a root cellar and often you can see the walls dripping...condensation from the heat differential...also use an electric heat pump to keep the whole cottage @ 50F and while I have heard people saying those dry out their homes, mine does not. It has a "dry out" feature but only when external temps are 50+. But, give all that, the tent is working well so I'm a happy camper.
Blew hiller,

Do you LST your plants? If so at what age or stage do you start?
After seeing your pics I came to the conclusion that I want my Ladies to be as dope as yours! That shit was on fire!! Straight love dat shit!!

Group shot before heading off to work...

I'll put up a detailed update as soon as I can. Life's been on full throttle these last couple weeks.

Peace y'all
:snowboating:

Do you LST your plants? If so at what age or stage do you start?
After seeing your pics I came to the conclusion that I want my Ladies to be as dope as yours! That shit was on fire!! Straight love dat shit!!
Yes, I top and LST....I basically start training when the branches are long enough to reach the edge of the pot. I then snug up the pipe cleaners to pull down the branches every week or so. There is no real science to my method and I am a pretty lazy grower. However, the LST makes a huge difference in the final weeks for allowing light into the bud sites so, for me, def worth the hassle.

Back
Top Bottom