My 1st grow

Its very unlikely that you will will have all hermies. But if you did just keep a really close eye on the plants and keep pinching of all the balls, get them all if you can and you will still get some great bud... All will not be lost. And I will keep my fingers crossed for no more BALLS....

Ahhh, I was gonna call my happy one Whitney cuz she is growing like she is on crack......:grinjoint:

Bad taste?

Ladies are looking good there Michigan.

Hey one quick question, is it good to supercrop during budding? What does it do for the plant?

To answer ur question MH. I dont really know if it is good or not I just wanted to level out the canopy a lil bit. Personally all I think supercroping does is slow down the branches above the bend and force more main colas to form, from the lower branches. I am not reall sure though bro. Hope that helps.. Go rite ahead and name her whitney. I hope she is good to ya..

Its very unlikely that you will will have all hermies. But if you did just keep a really close eye on the plants and keep pinching of all the balls, get them all if you can and you will still get some great bud... All will not be lost. And I will keep my fingers crossed for no more BALLS....

Thanks sonzor, that is what I was planning on doing. I'm about 2weeks into flowering and have about 6 more to go or so, I have a long way to go still. At least I know they wont preg-nate my new babies I got growing. As soon as they sprout. Thanks for keeping ur fingers crossed for me.. Lord know I need it...

I just was thinking this late in 12/12, stretch is almost over and the time the plant takes to repair the supercrop is just time away from producing bud, but if it makes fatter buds or something I am willing to try it on one of my girls now.

I am interested in trying supercropping on my next girls when they are young to get a nice fat node low down then another 3-4 nodes up, didn't wanna introduce too much into this first grow so if it blew up in my face I wouldn't have too much to sort through to try and fix it. So all I did was top.

:nicethread:

Your ladies are looking great, happier than most of my little babies, way to go! :cheer:

Waiting sucks huh :grinjoint:
Yes it does suck, but I love to watch them grow!!

supercroping is a very natural process and is very effective if you do not belive try it on 1 plant that is the same size as another and see which yields more

I 2nd that statement!!

I just was thinking this late in 12/12, stretch is almost over and the time the plant takes to repair the supercrop is just time away from producing bud, but if it makes fatter buds or something I am willing to try it on one of my girls now.

I am interested in trying supercropping on my next girls when they are young to get a nice fat node low down then another 3-4 nodes up, didn't wanna introduce too much into this first grow so if it blew up in my face I wouldn't have too much to sort through to try and fix it. So all I did was top.

:nicethread:

They recover within 72 hours from my experience. Here are 3 photos of Whitney. b4, after she recoverd and how she looks now with lst'd as well.
B4
004207.JPG

notice only one main stem/cola

Recovery and new growth
002260.JPG

Notice the many colas.

How she looks now combined with a little lst
007193.JPG

Now look at all those colas.

Pictures speak a thousand words.... I hope this Helps!!

Thanks sonzor, I could not have done it w/o the help of 420!! She does look very different dont she.. Man what a lil TLC can do for a plant, I can't wait to watch her fill up with buds...

I guess I'm up the creek without a paddle. What a shame.. Well at least now I know it wasn't my fault, it was the seeds. All of my ladies, I'm 85% sure are hermies, yes you heard me right all 3 Sweetness, Whitney and Big Mamma. I have removed pods from sweetness today, Whitney has what looks like balls started and Big Mamma does as well. I dont know what to do now.

Should I let them finish growing and have some seedsin my bud or should I scrap the grow and harvest the premature buds now?

Well here is a photo, Sorry I can't get no good close ups.
003226.JPG

Holy cow man that sucks. I not sure sucks even describes the situation. If I where you, I would keep a close eye on them and keep pulling off those balls and finish the grow. You spent way too much time to just let those hermies win. Just a thought...

I've been picking them off, I hope I get them all. I was planning on finishing the grow but just wanted to get some expert opinions if you know what I mean.. Thanks bro..Wish I had a phat one to smoke right now!! It is what it is..

Thanks for the advice!!

So I just got done removing balls from all three ladies. I think I got maybe 75% - 90% of the ones that could be seen. Well I'm really gonna have to keep a good eye on them. It seems like for every 1 that I remove 5 more show up...WTF. It just my luck b/c things are starting go so well in one area of my life that something bad had to happen some where. You can't have ur cake and eat ur ice cream too, anit that so true.

I'm gonna let these babies grow for as long as I can.

Thanks 420 for all of ur help!

Hey MI

Sucks about the hermi.

Well at least now I know it wasn't my fault, it was the seeds. All of my ladies, I'm 85% sure are hermies, yes you heard me right all 3 Sweetness, Whitney and Big Mamma. I have removed pods from sweetness today, Whitney has what looks like balls started and Big Mamma does as well. I dont know what to do now.

Are you sure that you didn't have any light leaks? :hmmmm:
Not only that,
Do you have a humidifier/dehumidifier , fan , timer , or maybe a heater that has a lit up display or some kind of "On" light ?

I would still grow them out.
Just really separate from anything else you got going on . lol

Make sure to get all those balls ! haha
Only tip I would have is to get real creative with the angles that you look at the plant from.

I had a hermi on my last grow and picked the balls from it non-stop and still didn't see some of them until they had already made seeds !

They look awesome either way !
I love the LST'ed one !
+ Rep
MJ420:peace:

Hey MI

Sucks about the hermi.

Are you sure that you didn't have any light leaks? :hmmmm:
Not only that,
Do you have a humidifier/dehumidifier , fan , timer , or maybe a heater that has a lit up display or some kind of "On" light ?

I would still grow them out.
Just really separate from anything else you got going on . lol

Make sure to get all those balls ! haha
Only tip I would have is to get real creative with the angles that you look at the plant from.

I had a hermi on my last grow and picked the balls from it non-stop and still didn't see some of them until they had already made seeds !

They look awesome either way !
I love the LST'ed one !
+ Rep
MJ420:peace:

:welcome: MJ420

I didn't have any light leaks but they did get not even 2 hours of light from a 100 watt regular bulb b/c I had to rearange the room during the sleep period. That light wasn't even bright. I really dont think it was that. It was only as bright the the moon on a clear night. Plus my 400 watt light was casting a shadow over my ladies. I will continue to pick off the balls. Live and learn I guess. Maybe I made a rookie mistake I dont even know. I'll move them around 360 degress up down side ways to look at them. So I'm pretty sure I can find and remove most of the nasty balls on my plants.

Thanks for the +rep and ur comments. Big Mamma does look sweet don't she.

Back
Top Bottom