My First Grow Or A Brown Thumb Account Of Events

I'm not even going to say how I screwed up the lights this afternoon on the timer. Hopefully a 30min light session during her 12hr beauty rest won't stress the princess too much. Once again this time I will blame it on wake and bake. I believe I have it all sorted out now, and will go down and check in a short bit again.

Good Mothers Day to all, especially the green one's. :love:

I was out and about this afternoon and finally had the opportunity to connect with my OB seed guy who had given me what I call SkywalkerOB. I was able to share some of Rey's pictures with him and he was very enthusiastic, and impressed with her size and spread. I described her aroma as Pineapple/Citrus and he confirmed that that was the SkywalkOG that he grows. He also confirmed she was an extremely slow and long grow. I'm a bit disappointed that the three seeds I attempted to germinate didn't pop. Fortunately I still have three more to attempt.

Glad to hear in someways that my SkywalkerOB is performing as expected and not stress by some of my early missteps. He's of course looking forward to a sample for a smoke test after drying. So am I to be exact, and pretty sure some others who shall remain nameless in the moment.

I checked on Rey when I came in from a rather late night of Uber driving this early am, and seems to be doing very well. touch tested the top of the soil and it was cool and damp to the touch, so I figured she could wait until later this evening for a watering. This new light schedule and watering visits are requiring a bit of adaptation on my part. Kind of reminds me or the sacrifices parents make, especially late at night for their children.

Week 26 - Wild to now be referring to the time line in weeks. I may be getting close to harvest. Beginning to see some cloudy trichs, especially in the clone hempy. First up is the Runt in the Hempy Basket
The following are from the main plant Rey. @FelipeBlu says he's seeing some cloudy, so I'm going to go with his eyes.

lol, nice, love the foxtailin,

High heat? I have them too, and it didnt start till i hit it with the PS mini to finish them off. last flush tomorrow, then dry out and chop,

I regret to hear that you have had more heat issues with your PS Mini. While I agree the PS Mini's as well as most of the other lights they make are very intense, I think it is an issue of following Neils instructions closely on distance and height from plant. Because I have a Quantum PAR meter, it allows me to be very careful with my positioning.

I have spent some time doing some rather good reading about Fox Tails and my info does point that one of two reasons for Foxtails is heat stress. The other is just genetics. I'm thinking my experience with foxtails has to do with genetics.

A couple of reasons. First a few weeks back I moved my light timing slowly to lights on later at night until early morning. I found this form of heat management to be very effective and my day time temps stay in the mid 70's and my night time temps when the lights are on are under 78-79.

Additionally several of the fox tails I'm seeing are on colas that are much lower than the tops, like on the Clones. They are certainly several inches lower. They also showed pistils a little sooner than the donor plant because I flipped them earlier. My sources on foxtailing also mention that Sativa's tend to have more of tendency than Indica.

I am considering in about a week to raise the lights just a bit and extend the dark cycle another hour. Sources indicate that will push the plant into maturing and finishing sooner.

By the way, one of my primary sources I trust is Grow Weed Easy. The site has lots of info on Fox Tailing in depth.

interesting. I know i didnt see them till i hit them with the mini. the mini added some heat, but got to around 85F. but i also have some naners too. another possible heat issue. I think my meter is off. seems RH isnt right either. its been hot,

Week 27 - I am seeing some colors showing up on my Rey on just a very few leaf groups. Not sure if it's a deficiency or a particular strain attribute.
I found this picture
that shared it was a particular strain condition that came out and appeared to be a good thing. Ideas please?

Week 27 - I am seeing some colors showing up on my Rey on just a very few leaf groups. Not sure if it's a deficiency or a particular strain attribute.
I found this picture
that shared it was a particular strain condition that came out and appeared to be a good thing. Ideas please?
I think the purple is showing because the plant is maturing and the green is fading.

Looks like it’s probably slightly P def. You said that you are lowering nute dosage at this point, right?
:passitleft:
Correct, so perhaps a little increase in my Bloom product is in order. Will do with next watering. Don't want issues this late in the process.
:passitleft:

PH down is a good bloom booster, that gives a slight edge in phosphorous . something i learned.

and PH Up is a good potassium additive.

she is lookin nice tho brother,
Thanks, indeed! Getting ready for the harvest soon. Going to take down the three little budcicle clones first a little later in the week/weekend. Regarding the pH down, I'm not sure the amount I'm putting in would have much of an effect. I'll run the numbers into the Nutrient calculator I use and see what ppm if changes and how much.

Just gave my Rey Clones their final drink of pH balanced water, no nutes. I haven't bothered to look at the colors, they are coming down regardless. They do have a lot of creamy color and amber color and are really covered in thick frostiness. Tomorrow they will be harvested and hung to dry. The smell is lite and citrus with some sweet pineapple hints in there. :yummy:Yummy Yummy!:drool:

They have to come down, they are taking up very valuable space that my new crop is desperately needing.:cheer:

I harvested my three clones that were taken from Rey the middle of February and used to establish the sex of Rey before I flipped her. I needed to make room for my new batch so Off With Their Heads!
The Runt of the litter
Clone #2
Clone #1
Group in Box

That runt is looking very foxy! :yummy:
Actually, Clone #1 is looking similar, just didn't show as well in the photo. It will be interesting to see the final weight. It might tell me a lot about future projects. Although these went straight to stretch from a couple of weeks after their clone cut, so they are all stretch and not much substance.

Back
Top Bottom