My First Grow Or A Brown Thumb Account Of Events

I watered yesterday with nutrients again, but did reduce slightly the levels. Added a three pictures today of some of the colas closest to the front of the tent. Take a look if you would and let me know what you think. This plant is basically at 150days since seed drop, and about 5 weeks since showing pistils. The aroma is nice with a sweet citrus flavor. :drool:There is a slight funkiness but only when get your nose right into the bud. Nothing actually comes out of the tent when opened or from the blower yet. I'm guessing that's a double edge sword. I don't have an odor control issue :yahoo:, however I'm guessing more odor would mean more maturity? Lots of frostiness for sure. The clones are off on their side doing their own thing. They are certainly a lot darker green and a few small leaves near the top have a slight twisted shape. I read the Dark Green is Nitrogen Toxicity, and the twisting of leaves is a magnesium deficiency??? Otherwise everything is just kind of slogging along. Lots of Frostiness beginning to happen on Rae.

Hey Bro! :high-five:

Since she is a photo, and you decided when to flower, the length of time since seed drop is irrelevant. :ganjamon: What’s more important now is the length of time since flowering actually began (first pistils). Not when you changed the lighting schedule. How long since first pistils? (you know I’m too lazy to go back a couple of pages :laugh:) On average, most strains take 60-70 days to ripen from first pistils.

Rey’s colas look fine. :yummy: They will fill in more in the coming weeks. The dark green leaves are an indication of excessive N, but I’m not seeing “clawing” of the leaf tips yet, so it isn’t too bad. Good eye! :welldone: Backing off the nutes a bit is a good idea. Mg def is a little surprising. Are you still providing CalMag? If so, at what dose?

Edit: I just went back and see that first pistils was Mar 20 (5 weeks). You could be harvesting in 3 weeks, or 7 weeks (like me and Jackie). Enjoy the flowering - it’s a beautiful and magical time for your lady, as she tries to be as alluring as possible.
:passitleft:

Brother o'Mine, you certainly put things in to perspective. Thanks! You are most correct and I understand I was very slow to flip from veg, but there were issues along the way I had to learn also. Considering it's been 5 weeks since the first pistils I still have perhaps that long again at least. So I'm going to stop fretting about the total time and just focus on the finish. :ganjamon:

The dark green is only on the Clones not on Rae so I need to consider readjusting my mix for them. I'm guessing I can back off the Protek and perhaps increase some of the Bloom? I certainly have always known that I was a little low on the Cal-Mag and the last couple of weeks this curl began to show. It's not cupping or taco'ing, it's just on certain new leaves and slight curling/wrinkling. Will increase my Cal-Mg on the Clones at this point.

Thanks for the pep talk, you know we all can have a frustrating moment every now and then. At least I'm not panicking and instead using my charts to diagnose.

Hey Bro! :high-five:
It’s been 2 days. :ciao: Rey’s adoring public would like to see some photos please. :nomo:
:yummy:
Good Morning at 1:40am. Just getting in from knocking out 29 rides with Uber since 5pm. However only 14rides short of the bonus for the weekend, so going for it.

Today, a little later on this morning/noonish should be watering time at the zoo. Will take some phones and perhaps do a little trimming maintenance. Until then, I'm crashing for now. Of course take some unwind time with a little Pandora chill and smoking some vape before turning in. :ganjamon:

Ok, Good Morning All, Still might take a another little nap this morning. In the meantime checked in on Rey and all seems to be well. Will water in a bit.
Here's a couple of pictures for an overview.
Here's a couple of pictures of some buds using a flash to compensate for the light inside the tent.
If these fill out I think they will be monsters. Hoping as we all do for high yields.:adore:

Good Day all, Watering Day so I'm including three pictures. All is well with no real issues noticed. The bud's seem to be filling in. I did some really light defoliation on some obvious fans that were sticking out.
These buds appear to actually be filling in, don't you think?

Good Day all, Watering Day so I'm including three pictures. All is well with no real issues noticed. The bud's seem to be filling in. I did some really light defoliation on some obvious fans that were sticking out.
These buds appear to actually be filling in, don't you think?

Looking great man! Just keep watering them with nutes for a while longer until you go all water and they will fatten up a lot. You would be surprised about the plants capability to just keep budding. Mine is at day 105+ and is still filling in!

Looking great man! Just keep watering them with nutes for a while longer until you go all water and they will fatten up a lot. You would be surprised about the plants capability to just keep budding. Mine is at day 105+ and is still filling in!
Thanks for the encouragement. It's been an interesting journey for a first grow. Very rewarding and lots of experience learned. Much more to come, I'm sure. This first experience has led to what I'm hoping a much broader scoped second grow, with much more to learn.

Hey there Folks, I'm considering attempting to change my light schedule. Currently I have it coming on at 9am and back off at 9pm. With summer in San Diego coming in the garage is beginning to warm a bit and I'm feeling I need to have it be opposite what it currently is.

Any suggestions on how to get there, without creating any additional stress on a plant that has already had many stresses? Maybe step it an hour one way or the other each day, until I get on the new schedule???

Hey there Folks, I'm considering attempting to change my light schedule. Currently I have it coming on at 9am and back off at 9pm. With summer in San Diego coming in the garage is beginning to warm a bit and I'm feeling I need to have it be opposite what it currently is.

Any suggestions on how to get there, without creating any additional stress on a plant that has already had many stresses? Maybe step it an hour one way or the other each day, until I get on the new schedule???
The best would probably to change your timer a little bit each day. If you want to just flip it over I’ve read that you should make your darkness cycle longer and not your light cycle. I think it said it’s best to not interrupt the nighttime hormone production or something. Last year I ran my lights at night too, but now I’ve got solar and need to run them during the day. I’ve got to come up with a plan soon, it’s pretty hot out there today.

Good Call on the expanding the dark cycle. I had been thinking I had heard that was the preferred way. So what I'll do is turn on later each morning day and then follow up by by changing the turnoff time. That should give the lights off a 13hr period and lights on will then remain at 12hrs. Just stagger each day one hour longer on lights out. Interesting, I haven't had to use my reptile heater during lights out for a few weeks now, so there is an additional savings. Will certainly have to watch the temps on my flowering tent during the day. Don't feel I will have to much of an issue at night with the lights on. Cools off nicely here in SD in the evenings typically.

I'm contemplating being prepared for our little Santa Ana's that roll through and looking to at least have the light off during the afternoon when it can be the worst. Did your plants suffer any real issues from those temps?

Back
Top Bottom