My First Indoor Grow

I'm late to this party but sympathize with you about your cat. My cat did this...

7_28_16_yellow.jpg

Not a great photo but you can kind of see how my cat has eaten a couple leaves completely and punctured the rest.

Welcome MG! Your plant should survive the cat attack but I can see the damage done. I also notice your plant is in a cage. Good plan! Is this your first grow? I was hoping to have a little somethings to see in the solo cups this morning but there was nothing. I'm almost tempted to dig around in the cups and do an autopsy on the WhiteVooDoo seeds.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ah yes. The chicken wire cage was the first thing I did for my grow area. That pic is from my second grow which I am still in the middle of now. Trying to train the plants mainline style. Link in my sig if you want to check it out.

I understand your excitement with wanting to check on them. Sometimes my grow seems like the only thing I can think of...

I'll check out your journals MG.

LA, thanks for the great compliment however I've really failed you with my flux. I will be moving it up onto my deck in a few days when I harvest my first plant ever. Then I'm going to try getting things better under control.

Update photo of my Dwarf Low-Flyer which is 5 days into flush and has put on at least 30% more weight! I was shocked to see how brown the water was from the first two flushes compared to it being mostly clear now. I think that flushing is important from what I've read.

image15794.jpeg

Then here is the other autoflower which is coming along nicely. I gave her a haircut yesterday and am starting to see trics

image15795.jpeg

Nice buds there WBFarmer, why not try cloning your photo period plants if you can't get a seed to germinate. I had one seed take 6 weeks to germinate I had given up on one of the three to germinate but one popped up I just kept watering the soil when I watered the plants. It was some bag seed from 1994 that was really good i saved the seeds saying I'll grow them if it became legal lol.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah man I didn't think about the pests since it's just normal everyday stuff in Oregon. When we buy clones from a dispensary we put them through the ringer or any outside source. My first step is to mix a bucket of miticide then dunk them top first holding the medium back with your hand then I drench the medium with it I use Azamax for both then I keep them separated from any other plants in the garage under a led bulb 24 hour light and follow up three days later then watch them a few days and repeat again if I see any pests until I don't see any then I introduce them to their new home.

Gee Redmud, thanks for telling me the right way to bring in an outside cutting however it's too late. :laughtwo: I laid awake last night excited by your suggestion to do some cutting and the first thing I did this morning is take them. YIKES, after seeing your post about Azamax I hope I didn't screw up. I did wash off each cutting quite well, I ran water over them as I rubbed each leaf and stem. I also cut off half of each leaf as I saw on a youtube video. I must have gotten carried away, I had only planned to take 4 cuttings but I mis-counted and have 5. They are inside one of my tents in a hydro-cloning bucket under light.

image15819.jpeg

Ta-Da:

image15818.jpeg

I'm not giving up on the hard to crack seeds either. I took a tweezers and pulled them out to see what was happening. Not much actually. The one that had a small bit of tap root showing inside the shell appeared to be starting to turn outward so that went right back into the soil. The other seed looked the same as when I put it into the soil, nothing happening. That one I gave a very hard squeeze and the shell snapped. I soaked it a couple hours and burred it again. At least I have something to watch now inside the tent while those seeds die off. :helpsmilie:

I owe you a thanks Redmud, I love how the power of suggestion works.

WBFarmer that dwarf low rider looks pretty nice to me. That main cola looks pretty dense to me. Looking forward to seeing what you get for a yield from her.

Out of curiosity what are your feelings on the auto's? When I got my first seeds I decided to stay away from auto's, for no real reason, but now that I am in the middle of my first grow I am understanding how it would be nice to have one less variable to be concerned with and being comfortable in the knowledge that the plant is going to veg and flower on it's on schedule and not be concerned with photo period or light leaks or anything. In fact I am not considering the possibility of mixing it up and doing some of each kind. With only one light controlled flowering area I think one could increase the yield of a grow space by doing that maybe?

Good morning MG! The auto's are actually amazingly easy once I got a seed to crack. IMO there is no reason not to have some along side your photo's or even sitting alone somewhere you have room. I got the Dwarf LowFlyer at the suggestion of CKS representative. I wanted an outside plant that wouldn't grow large enough on my deck to attract attention. To be honest when I ordered those seeds I had no clue what an auto was. While the person told me it should be a small plant I don't recall her telling me it would flower so quickly in the middle of summer. I figured it wouldn't go into flower until Fall when the daylight shortened. When it started flowering I posted something in a journal and the friendly 420 friends explained auto's to me. While I felt very stupid they put me at ease not to worry, people are here to help others!

There's so much to learn and this forum is definitely the best school anywhere!!!!

I almost forgot the new tents and lights are awesome. I gotta get something up again in my area soon.

Gee Redmud, thanks for telling me the right way to bring in an outside cutting however it's too late. :laughtwo: I laid awake last night excited by your suggestion to do some cutting and the first thing I did this morning is take them. YIKES, after seeing your post about Azamax I hope I didn't screw up. I did wash off each cutting quite well, I ran water over them as I rubbed each leaf and stem. I also cut off half of each leaf as I saw on a youtube video. I must have gotten carried away, I had only planned to take 4 cuttings but I mis-counted and have 5. They are inside one of my tents in a hydro-cloning bucket under light.

image15819.jpeg

Ta-Da:

image15818.jpeg

I'm not giving up on the hard to crack seeds either. I took a tweezers and pulled them out to see what was happening. Not much actually. The one that had a small bit of tap root showing inside the shell appeared to be starting to turn outward so that went right back into the soil. The other seed looked the same as when I put it into the soil, nothing happening. That one I gave a very hard squeeze and the shell snapped. I soaked it a couple hours and burred it again. At least I have something to watch now inside the tent while those seeds die off. :helpsmilie:

I owe you a thanks Redmud, I love how the power of suggestion works.

Be careful! Last night my cat threw up in my tent!! Glad he didn't pee in there!

Back
Top Bottom