My First Tent Grow

At least you are optimistic Major Pita!! Perhaps what?
107 deg. today!! Hot!!! The yard girls get about 4 more hrs. direct sunlight after trimming that tree yesterday. This makes a difference come harvest.
I will go get some mounting hardware for the tent today. The fan and muffler I plan on putting on a shelf outside the tent and need proper hardware.
I need to buy some FF Big Bloom, window film and shelving hardware next.
This indoor is $$$$$$$!

Perhaps what?
107 deg. today!!
That's the $$$$ question. I try not to take "No" for an answer.
Hot here too. 100 - 102 for the next couple of days.

That's the $$$$ question. I try not to take "No" for an answer.
Hot here too. 100 - 102 for the next couple of days.

Major, that tree I trimmed yesterday was a fruitless mullberry and I strip all the leaves and put them in the yard grow. Good idea? Ive done it 3-4 yrs and I think they like it but Im now more worried and concerned about pests. The fall caterpillars can be bad here and maybe this contributes? I think of it as mulch.

Major, that tree I trimmed yesterday was a fruitless mullberry and I strip all the leaves and put them in the yard grow. Good idea? Ive done it 3-4 yrs and I think they like it but Im now more worried and concerned about pests. The fall caterpillars can be bad here and maybe this contributes? I think of it as mulch.

I don't think the moths or caterpillars like dead veggies (mulch). However, other unwelcome insects can and do live in mulch. I use it as a ground cover to reduce weeds and help with water retention in the soil, but I hold back from the actual plant by several inches. I know some tree leaves can be toxic or have other negative aspects when used as mulch, but no idea about mullberry. It is probably fine. As it decomposes/composts, it can take some nitrogen from the soil, but being above ground, I think it is minimal.

well that was fawkin weird eh

Welcome Jd!! It looks like you just joined this site and your first post is here to me and its ....NO?
No what?

no!!!

I will check out the panda film. Im guessing I will still be able to open the window if needed? Its like window tint?
I have to get a room light to see. Maybe get a special one for the tent too, one that the plants cant see. The T11 situation I have in the closet I will perfect. Im thinking have the light off time from 11pm to 5am for now and will put the T11 on this schedule. Until I can situate the room lighting situation. I have it off now between noon and 6pm and will eventually run it all at this time.
My utility meter is digital and they dont come in the backyard to check. Too many do though.
Get it running..... if I try I can get it running by Oct. before my yard harvest. Im thinking Nov. But I will get the equipment I have going asap and go from there. Maybe by Aug! The electrician is scheduled Aug. 5 and I will try to have it running soon after
Thanks Unforgiven.

hehehe

ok so that was my answer to the first question. your room should be light sealed. period. you walk in, you turn on a light.

again.....no!!!
it is not like window tint at all. it is a solid colored plastic sheet, white on one side, black on the other. it is a complete light blocker.

mine has no light, so I use a floor lamp that I can move around and outta my way as I go. for that matter, I have to go through another dark room to get to my grow room. easy and cheap at a thrift shop. nobody wants single bulb floor lamps anymore.

your safest bet, is do not enter the tent during lights out, no matter what.

barring that, a green light is supposed to be safe for the plants. but, I don't take the chance. I do my work during lights on periods. however, if you feel that you must, you can screw in a green bulb into that floor lamp I was talking about too.

august 5th???? that's another week of this back n forth banter til we even get to know that the freakin fan pulls air. lmao :jawdropper:

Unforgiven,
I still need to buy the board and hardware because Im going to mount the fan/muffler on a shelf and need to bolt stuff down. Trouble shooted today, complete tomorrow.
I can still hang filter, lights, mount fan/muffler board, before electrician.
No opening the (panda film) window to the room? Sucks. I must get used to the controlled environment both in the room and in the tent anyways. Different thinking.
I got a floor lamp to use. Im going to run the lights off from 11pm to 5am to start. It will keep the lights out at night, help with the sprouts in the closet with that schedule. Those sprouts looked like they made it!
I got enough on the plate right now with that.
Oh.... if I draw passive air from the bottom tent vents, I wont be able to filter that air? Isent this important? Also maybe those vent are light proof? I will investigate.
Also, this stuff costs money!!
Thanks Unforgiven!!

no the passive vents aren't light proof, hence the dark room. if you have a floor lamp, your golden. cover up that window. do it in a couple stages. set your curtain within the frame. go outside look at the window, is the curtain busy enough? enough pleats in it to block view? now go back in the room, install the panda film, black side outside, taped across the top only, and tab the bottom corners tight with tape too. go back outside, how does the curtain look now? if it all looks natural, ie: you can't see any of the black panda film, go back in and seal it up all the way around. if you were to hang it with the white facing out, it would look weird from outside, the sun would reflect off of it and through the curtain, moonlight or streetlights would as well. hence the black facing out, it just looks like a dark room with a curtain in the window.

My first run
20160726_190532.jpg

no the passive vents aren't light proof, hence the dark room. if you have a floor lamp, your golden. cover up that window. do it in a couple stages. set your curtain within the frame. go outside look at the window, is the curtain busy enough? enough pleats in it to block view? now go back in the room, install the panda film, black side outside, taped across the top only, and tab the bottom corners tight with tape too. go back outside, how does the curtain look now? if it all looks natural, ie: you can't see any of the black panda film, go back in and seal it up all the way around. if you were to hang it with the white facing out, it would look weird from outside, the sun would reflect off of it and through the curtain, moonlight or streetlights would as well. hence the black facing out, it just looks like a dark room with a curtain in the window.

What about filtering the intake air? Dont worry? or wait and see if I get a bug problem and go from there?
If I intake from a bottom port with a 4' piece of duct and a filter on the end laying on the room floor would solve that??
The looks of the window arent too important but will make it black side out. I just like opening that sucker for air and light. Im aware of the light from the house entering also and another reason lights off 11pm. That bedroom door will be shut all the time anyways. Need to be conscious of this no light situation.

Im guessing this indoors is much more sensitive to light changes than outdoors? I can turn porch light on for a minute now again. The wonderful neighbor has a motion light going out and it turns off and on all night long on the side of his house. It comes close to getting to the plants and worries me.
So indoors is much more light sensitive than outdoors or the same?

holy snappin arseholes!!!! you posted a pic!!

looking like fun times ahead eh.

now you best get that tent going.

ok I looked back and didn't see what seeds your kid planted???

what strain? are they photos or autos? any other info?

I am hoping that if they are photos, you have a couple of size pots to up through the progression, so you don't have to hit such a big stall.

I think it's time you start a "grow journal" and get this thread moved to: "cabinet, closet, and grow room setup".
cause that's all it really is. keep your journal a bit cleaner that way, with pertinent info on the grow, not all of this setup fluff stuff.

once you get your journal setup, use the triangle report post button at the bottom of any post and ask the mods to move it for you, since it would be better suited to that forum.

oh and make sure I know where yer dadgummed grow journal is eh. lol

My first run
20160726_190532.jpg

well through the passive vents they have a pretty fine screen on them gorilla tents, so I wouldn't worry. hell I don't worry and i'm using brand x generic cheap piece o crap tent. do I get a fly in there sometimes? sure as hell do. but you have to open the doors to tend the plants buddy, don't micro manage your brain or it'll kill you by the time you move plants in, lol.

if you intake from a port, you have a higher risk of insects than from the passive vents. that's the last time I am typing passive vents, if you don't know what im talking about by now......vents. period.

don't sweat the window. the plants are more important.

I wouldn't say they are more light sensitive, if you don't care about hermies, you can grow monster hermies eh. just let the light flow in whenever. as long as you are comfortable.........I hope you see the sarcasm? lol

the door to the room can be sealed if you need to. you can buy kits for that or a roll of duct tape works wonders. I did a floor sweep at the bottom of my door a few years ago before I had a tent that way. did all round that door for that matter, lol. light didn't leak. simple solution, easy non intrusive. i'll see if it is pic worthy still or not, it's now the door I enter to my current grow room.

What about filtering the intake air? Dont worry? or wait and see if I get a bug problem and go from there?
If I intake from a bottom port with a 4' piece of duct and a filter on the end laying on the room floor would solve that??
The looks of the window arent too important but will make it black side out. I just like opening that sucker for air and light. Im aware of the light from the house entering also and another reason lights off 11pm. That bedroom door will be shut all the time anyways. Need to be conscious of this no light situation.

Im guessing this indoors is much more sensitive to light changes than outdoors? I can turn porch light on for a minute now again. The wonderful neighbor has a motion light going out and it turns off and on all night long on the side of his house. It comes close to getting to the plants and worries me.
So indoors is much more light sensitive than outdoors or the same?

holy snappin arseholes!!!! you posted a pic!!

looking like fun times ahead eh.

now you best get that tent going.

ok I looked back and didn't see what seeds your kid planted???

what strain? are they photos or autos? any other info?

I am hoping that if they are photos, you have a couple of size pots to up through the progression, so you don't have to hit such a big stall.

I think it's time you start a "grow journal" and get this thread moved to: "cabinet, closet, and grow room setup".
cause that's all it really is. keep your journal a bit cleaner that way, with pertinent info on the grow, not all of this setup fluff stuff.

once you get your journal setup, use the triangle report post button at the bottom of any post and ask the mods to move it for you, since it would be better suited to that forum.

oh and make sure I know where yer dadgummed grow journal is eh. lol

First off my computer skills suck. I thought this was a grow journal? I dont see a report post button. I see a blog this post button. Cant I just stay here? Maybe my next grow I will learn how to operate this site proper.
The seeds I sprouted are from my first yard grow 4yrs ago when I purposely bred seeds. I took a Blue dream, Chem dog, few other clones bred with an OG male. My kid picked a seed container that wasent labeled so no telling which strain this run is. My current yard grow is what I bred and everythings labeled so I know what does what and will see what I got.
The last few years Ive been growing clones outdoors. I was vegging them under 24hr next to the washer machine with a fluorescent to 2'-3' tall then outside mid Feb. I get a harvest in May and reveg them and get a fall crop too. Last years fall crop wasent great so I decided to do my seeds this year. I really like my outdoor spring crop!!
No more rink a dink indoor set up next to the washer under fluorescents. Ive stepped up to a tent!
My plates full..... doing the shelf next. Clean and hang lights.
I have ballast questions soon.
Thanks Unforgiven.

First off my computer skills suck. I thought this was a grow journal? I dont see a report post button. I see a blog this post button. Cant I just stay here? Maybe my next grow I will learn how to operate this site proper.

Your thread is in the correct place. Journal on... :thumb:
That's a lot of plants! How many do you plan to grow out?

Your thread is in the correct place. Journal on... :thumb:
That's a lot of plants! How many do you plan to grow out?

Thanks Major Pita.
My plan is to Veg those until 2' tall and then switch lights and flower just the girls. Everything's subject to change however. Ive also got 4-5 still vegging outside in red cups that are 10" tall that I should do something with. I still have time to keep them vegging but not for long. I need to up pot them and move em inside too. Except they might all be males, cant tell yet.
Concentrating on the shelf today.
Hot here again today major.

hey dutch, sorry I wasn't trying to be a prick about it. just if it were mine I would want to start a journal closer to when the plants start. no worries mate. but for your info, it is the little triangle 2 over from blog this post.

I don't see anything to say your computer skills suck. your posting regular, whats wrong with that?

sounds like you have a plan for your plants anyways.

have fun eh

or you could hook up your plants with a garlicplant :thumb:
or spray them with water cooked with habanero, garlic and a drop of sesameoil cool down ad some detergent and just before dark spray them darlings and your bugs won't bug you no longer....:cheesygrinsmiley:
keep some of it next to my bed here just in case i could use it as pepperspray:rofl:

hey dutch, sorry I wasn't trying to be a prick about it. just if it were mine I would want to start a journal closer to when the plants start. no worries mate. but for your info, it is the little triangle 2 over from blog this post.

I don't see anything to say your computer skills suck. your posting regular, whats wrong with that?

sounds like you have a plan for your plants anyways.

have fun eh

No worries. Before long I will be an expert like you good people. I bought a speed controller for my fan yesterday, $27.00.

or you could hook up your plants with a garlicplant :thumb:
or spray them with water cooked with habanero, garlic and a drop of sesameoil cool down ad some detergent and just before dark spray them darlings and your bugs won't bug you no longer....:cheesygrinsmiley:
keep some of it next to my bed here just in case i could use it as pepperspray:rofl:

Vienz, with that method do I need to rinse (spray) them with water after? I seen where someone did it with dish soap and no rinse and it almost killed them. My plan is to use Aza Max, except is expensive. I like your idea and will be looking for more cost effective methods as I progress in his trade. I hope no bugs in my tent! I guess mites are the pests I need to worry about? Thanks Vienz.

Back
Top Bottom