My First Tent Grow

Major Pita, last Sunday when i watered my yard grow I left the hose on by accident for 5 hrs. and it soaked the yard. Yesterday I noticed I damaged one with too much water. I am so glad it dident damage all! The one affected have curly leaves now and this one gets the less amount of sun from the rest. All the rest look unaffected except they havent needed to be waterd all week in 100 deg. heat. I almost blew it!!!
I think another reason I like outdoor is because I couldent have better weather for it where I live. The days are too hot but it cools down at night here. No crazy rain, or crazy wind. When I see the news on TV and they talk about bad weather somewhere I say to myself....... there goes their yard grow! Mine almost went on my own! It was a close call and I must pay attention. The weather is so good here I can get two outdoor crops a year! I love my spring outdoor crop!!

you do it just before lights go out and put your lamp a little bit higher for a couple of days, no rinsing, just don't rub your eyes with this shit on your hands:straightface:
don't rub anything at all ....:rofl:
ps pictures:cheer:

hey dutch I was just doing an update and found some pics for you. I told ya i'd get em, lol.

it's the duct tape door seal, lol. it works like a charm, cheap and easy to do. and if you do it from the right sides of the door or frame, no one will ever see it unless the door is open.

so, the first 3 are the top of the door, pardon my dusty house lol. you can see how I put bout 1/3 the width of the tape on the face of the door, the same on the top, with it folded to a tight crease at the middle. door frames and sweep were done the same per their setup. that side of the door was facing the old grow room, hence the tape showing that way.
20160727_200214.jpg

20160727_200207.jpg

20160727_200159.jpg

next 3 are the door jamb. pretty much the same way as the top and bottom would be. seals all the light into the room.
20160727_200105.jpg

20160727_200119.jpg

20160727_200128.jpg

tried to fold the tape back a bit so you can see what I meant.

just idears for ya in case you don't want to install weatherstripping on an interior door, lol.

have fun eh

:party::party::tokin::party::party:

now ya got me reading up on fishy stuff :reading420magazine:

The friend that gave me the HPS lights gave me a big bag of "Grow more". He said its for Veg. I saw a pallet of it at the grow shop and dude said its for outdoor. Ok great. ITs like $70.00 a bag and only a little per mix is all I know. I will do research on it before next spring. Maybe just use it for my yard grows and keep using FF for my tent. Im just looking for something cheaper and effective but still simple.

Hey dude im in.dont other think things u will fry ur brain lol;) dont have to cost alot of money to be a master grower.u have the perfect attitude so good job.iv never controlled my temps as in nature not every day is gna be exactly the same lol.i like to grow my plants as if they were growing themselfes;) naturally and works great for me;) i got my tent lights and a desktop fan and my eyes.thats all il ever need and i grow great plants;) looking forward to see how ur gna do.best of luck:passitleft:

Unforgiven, the Panda Film is $300 a roll!!! The warehouse only sells rolls. Im thinking a reg. grow shop must sell pieces of it?? I will check today. If not I will figure something out. Maybe foil taped to the window.
If I keep running the T11 in the closet I will have to figure crap out when my tents rolling. As far as lights on and off times. Probably both the same untill flower.
The shelf with fan is mounted on the wall. Hooking duct up today. It looks so professional!!! Pics to come soon!
The friend who gave me the lights said no 240, all 110 for electrical and make sure it reaches all equip. without extension cords. This comes Aug. 5. I will have the tent done and all equip. placed by then.
The fan/filter/silencer combo I bought for $325.00 was unneeded. No room for the silencer and Im already running muffler duct. Warehouse wouldnt take back silencer because it was a pkg. deal. Stuck with it.

Hey dude im in.dont other think things u will fry ur brain lol;) dont have to cost alot of money to be a master grower.u have the perfect attitude so good job.iv never controlled my temps as in nature not every day is gna be exactly the same lol.i like to grow my plants as if they were growing themselfes;) naturally and works great for me;) i got my tent lights and a desktop fan and my eyes.thats all il ever need and i grow great plants;) looking forward to see how ur gna do.best of luck:passitleft:

Beast, thank you for the advice and encouragement!!! I get theory pretty good and do great with my few yard grows is why Im investing with this tent. I see your auto topping thread and will look closely at it when its time. I figure topping is topping whether autos or reg.??? Weedman79 tops his Autos at about 6" and then pins them to the pot/dirt with wire like the police brutality i see on TV!! He grows great plants!!!

some good advice right there.

+ reps to you beast.

have fun eh

hey dutch.

yep panda is expensive. but not as expensive as light leaks. lol

however, there are different sizes available, I know I had bought a smaller roll of it when I did. don't recall the price but it was nowhere near 300. do a quick search online you may find it. also, with your location, I would assume plenty of grow shops in the area to cold call around if need be.

also, don't forget sites like craigs or kijiji. social media even have selling groups on them. perhaps a neighboring area grower would sell you a piec that you need. I mean, hell you're talking one window to cover. measure it with a few inches overlap all the way around, so you know how much you need. shit, if I hadn't sold my part roll to my buddy who used it all up, i'd send you a piece in the mail, lol.

don't panic yet. just keep looking.

have fun eh

I know few people use profanity on here but I sure want to.
Have fun eh?
The ballasts and the hoods electrical dont match, had to buy cord adapters.
I got a 10x10 panda film for $10 for window
Exhaust is done! And it looks like I paid for it, professional!!!
Hook up lights and panda film Monday.
Dude at the grow shop said its a learning curve and once I get going I will be happy after about the 3rd run. After that the cost will be minimal. (I could cuss here!) If its not one thing its another!
Have fun eh!! I am and its good to hear and have you peoples support and knowledge. Thanks!
Check out my exhaust!!

I was given HPS? bulbs with these hoods. How can I tell if bulbs are still good? Plug them in and if they work then good?
How can I tell the difference between HPS bulbs and MH bulbs??

All the HPS bulbs I've seen are rounded (m/l) on the end but pretty cylindrical-ish. The tend to get fatter around he middle.
MH bulbs are more spherical, almost like a regular incandescent, but not quite - and larger, of course.

Don't touch the bulbs with bare fingers. Supposedly, because of the extreme temperatures, the oil on your skin can cause them to fail or break prematurely.

looking great dutch. glad to see the exhaust is happening.

toldja not to sweat the panda!!! you got it bud.

why does the electrical not match up is my question......safe or no? I would be sure. sounds like you did the due diligence with it tho.

and yep, you bet yer ass, it will take a few grows before you are fully "into" the tent and it's setup. by then it's all paid for.

good on ya bud. nice progress.

oh.....

and have fun eh

lmfao

Back
Top Bottom