My First Time Growing

PJ, Just to keep you up to date, I had my son do some stuff to help me with the plants today. With his help, I have removed a stalk off of the DCSSH and I put it into my cloner, and then had him place the DCSSH in the tent (that's 5 without jamming them all together :) ). I'm not doing great today (you already know if you read my posts today) and could only take numerous pics of a bud on Casey, I wanted to take a pic of Minnie's buds for you because they are really moving fast. I will get on up as soon as I can. For now, here's the best pic of a bud off Casey this morning:

IMG_20100130_234858.jpg
Just so you know, I went back to smoking weed until I see my Doc Friday and can ask if they will do a drug test when checking to see if I have severe Fybromyalgia (Why should I hurt for 30 days if I don't have to). Just say the word when you think I can harvest her, I am almost out of weed (1 grinder's full) which will last me about 2-3 days at most (and then I can just go back to the narcs as my primary pain killer), Since I've cut back on the narcotics, I smoke way more than I ever had before since I start depending on weed as my main pain killer, I only take enough narcotics now so they show up on the drug test and not cause withdrawal. Which reminds me....

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!
PJ, you and all the rest who have helped me out in ANY way, Moral support, Instruction, or in rare cases, donations from some extremely great people, I know the first one wants to remain anonymous, so I assume the rest feel the same and won't mention you guys by name.

But THANK YOU so much for all the help so many of you have provided help just by taking the time to make a post to me. You guys ALL rock!

I tried to get some pics, but no luck with one exception. The pic is very clear (surprised me) and appears to be the Bud Fairy. If you look on the left side of the pic, The bud appears to be extended outwards and looks like it's spreading fairy dust (I'm sure it's a trick of the light). I found the pic on accident looking at the other pics I took and it was the only one that came out while I could stand. It is just a bud of Minnie, but the pic came out unusual and I thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

IMG_20100131_013354.jpg
Hope you like it, Minnie may have a ways to go, but man, look at the frost on her!

:ciao: Smokey!

I wouldn't worry on the sprouts yet. There's still time. Sometimes you might have planted them deeper than you intended.

My surefire method of germing is overnight in water, till they sink and they pop open. Good seeds usually do this within a day for me. Then I put them in damp layers of paper toweling, not soaking wet..just damp. One on bottom and one on top. I wait for a taproot about a half inch or a little less. This can take a day or two. I check once each day. Then plant in soil using the method with the pen that PeeJay showed you for depth, make sure the taproot is facing downward. Cover with the soil.

:thumb:

I tried to get some pics, but no luck with one exception. The pic is very clear (surprised me) and appears to be the Bud Fairy. If you look on the left side of the pic, The bud appears to be extended outwards and looks like it's spreading fairy dust (I'm sure it's a trick of the light). I found the pic on accident looking at the other pics I took and it was the only one that came out while I could stand. It is just a bud of Minnie, but the pic came out unusual and I thought you guys might get a kick out of it.

IMG_20100131_013354.jpg
Hope you like it, Minnie may have a ways to go, but man, look at the frost on her!

I looked at the picture before I read your post and that is EXACTLY what I saw. Fairy dust!!! The trichs fairy IS IN DA HOUSE!

Cool pic dude!

I only take enough narcotics now so they show up on the drug test and not cause withdrawal!

THIS is what your journey has been about all along and it sounds like you're getting the relief you need, on your first grow! That is great, I am really glad to know that you did this and found out that you really can cut down the narcs now! Congrats, Smoke! :thumb:

I'm not sure there would be anything wrong with telling the doctor you have/are experimenting with cannabis and find it helpful. It's always best to be truthful and I doubt when the Doc sees you he's going to think, "another damn stoner!" The anxiety is a common part of the process for folks who were never really stoners and want to try cannabis to ease pain, etc. Stupid laws. You were up-front with the pain Doc, and I expect you'll be up-front with the neurologist. That's just who you are, Smoke.

You know first hand how important it is to tell medical professionals about all medications, supplements, etc. you are taking. There is a chance that admitting you'd used cannabis recently could make the Doc run down a rabbit hole... Part and parcel, I suppose. The honest story is that you've tried it. It helps. *shrug*

What I like is, despite frequently being less than physically comfortable, your grow is pretty much on auto pilot. You give 'em water and they grow.

You're going to have fun watching the differences in the plants and how various genetics express themselves moving forward.

Not sure about the germination issues. Try the paper towel method some more if these don't come up. Everyone has their own system. I'm getting ready to drop 13 seeds tomorrow. One thing I can think of is that I spend more time getting the soil ready than the seeds...

I'm going to start my summer journal tomorrow or the next day and will show what I do again. I gave what I though were clear and straightforward instructions and you followed them. The fact your seeds are being stubborn makes me wonder what I missed... As I was filling the 1qt pots with dirt today I realized that there is quite a bit of nuance and fussiness going on on my end that I hadn't considered before.

I'm not sure there would be anything wrong with telling the doctor you have/are experimenting with cannabis and find it helpful. It's always best to be truthful and I doubt when the Doc sees you he's going to think, "another damn stoner!" The anxiety is a common part of the process for folks who were never really stoners and want to try cannabis to ease pain, etc. Stupid laws. You were up-front with the pain Doc, and I expect you'll be up-front with the neurologist. That's just who you are, Smoke.

You know first hand how important it is to tell medical professionals about all medications, supplements, etc. you are taking. There is a chance that admitting you'd used cannabis recently could make the Doc run down a rabbit hole... Part and parcel, I suppose. The honest story is that you've tried it. It helps. *shrug*

What I like is, despite frequently being less than physically comfortable, your grow is pretty much on auto pilot. You give 'em water and they grow.

You're going to have fun watching the differences in the plants and how various genetics express themselves moving forward.

Not sure about the germination issues. Try the paper towel method some more if these don't come up. Everyone has their own system. I'm getting ready to drop 13 seeds tomorrow. One thing I can think of is that I spend more time getting the soil ready than the seeds...

I'm going to start my summer journal tomorrow or the next day and will show what I do again. I gave what I though were clear and straightforward instructions and you followed them. The fact your seeds are being stubborn makes me wonder what I missed... As I was filling the 1qt pots with dirt today I realized that there is quite a bit of nuance and fussiness going on on my end that I hadn't considered before.

Can't wait to follow along, PJ! Everything is looking great, Smoke....I'm still chugging along.

Honestly dude, I tend to think of the seeds as being not that great from the company they were bought from. When I use the seeds that were donated to me at the beginning of the grow (from the second wonderful donor from 420), grow great every time. I was thinking about this today, This started when I started using the seeds from the company that is a sponsor (so I won't say the name). Don't blame yourself, You have given me a FANTASTIC tutorial on how to grow! And nobody had said anything about that companies seeds IF that's even the problem (It's probably something I'm screwing up)

Every morning I check on the girls in the tent first, then rearrange them so it's not the same one that sits under the Mars 300 that I added to the flowering tent. This morning while rotating them around, the biggest stalk on Casey (The plant I've been waiting to harvest soon) broke all the way down at the bottom of the of the stalk. I looked at the buds on the broken stalk with the loupe (If I could get decent pics reliably, I would post a pic to show you guys, I tried getting pics but with my camera, it's a little hit and a lot of miss and none of the pics came out) and it was full of trichs. I figured it would give me something to do while I'm laying back because of my back and started harvesting Casey since her branches were so brittle already. I got a big harvest off of her, I WILL post pics of the buds a little later. I haven't even tried weighing it yet since on the first one, the weight loss was huge as the buds dried out. But I will post a pic of all the buds I got off the plant in a little while after I've stayed off my back for a little bit. Just an FYI

OK, I got 1 picture of Casey's yield to come out clearly. It is sitting on a shelf inside a wardrobe like dresser that is 24" deep x 21" wide. The 2 biggest nugs are right at the front (they looked bigger on the plant, As I harvested them, some started to break apart into smaller buds. But I don't care, they still do the same thing to help me. so here's the 1 pic that actually came out clear:

IMG_20100131_214021.jpg

I'm still looking for another safe place so I can split them up more to dry faster and better.

That looks like a fine haul. Smoke, you don't really want them to dry fast. One good way is to put them into a brown paper grocery bag. Fold the top of the bag down so no light can get in but also leave plenty of air room. You can put the bag in the tent with the filter if you want and there will be no odor.

You'll want to give the buds in the bag a gentle mixing once every day or so. It's a great way to dry buds.

Drying the buds slowly helps get rid of the chlorophyll. Chlorophyll makes the buds harsh when they're smoked. It should take about 4-5 days for them to dry.

That looks like a fine haul. Smoke, you don't really want them to dry fast. One good way is to put them into a brown paper grocery bag. Fold the top of the bag down so no light can get in but also leave plenty of air room. You can put the bag in the tent with the filter if you want and there will be no odor.

You'll want to give the buds in the bag a gentle mixing once every day or so. It's a great way to dry buds.

Drying the buds slowly helps get rid of the chlorophyll. Chlorophyll makes the buds harsh when they're smoked. It should take about 4-5 days for them to dry.

Thanks PJ, I will try that. I most definitely prefer a less harsh smoke because when I cough bad enough, I can feel it everywhere I hurt it seems. Thanks again!!!

Yes, yes yes yes.....fine haul indeed!

A lot of people use the paper bag drying. I'm going to try that one of these harvests. I don't have a single paper bag in my house. LOL
Everything is plastic.

Good job Smokey, and I hope you are getting a little better by the day our friend. :ciao: to the Mrs.!

:circle-of-love:

I'm slowly getting better, but when I see my Doc this month I'm going to talk to him about why it has gotten so bad this year. I just don't understand why I'm having so many problems when I'm not doing ANY lifting, dragging, etc. But I'll finally figure it out at some point I'm sure. But don't worry about me, I may not be on as much as I normally am, but once I'm physically more comfortable, I'll be back to my old self in the end! ;)

When I checked my plants a little while ago, I remembered I wanted to show you guys Minnie now. She looks completely like a different plant since going into flower, Any ways, Here are 2 pics, the first is of the whole plant and the second was sort of a closeup of a bud. BTW, I think I may have figured out why my camera was taking such crappy pics, Anytime I took a pic, the fans (In the bookcase, tent and on the ceiling) were always on and apparently this camera doesn't like any movement whether you can see it or not. I turned the fan off and got these 2 pics. Still not great, but better than before:

IMG_20100201_215416.jpg
IMG_20100201_215313.jpg
BTW, the ribbon you see in the closeup around the bulb is because I had 2 buds that had gotten so fat they were starting to bend over the outside of the pot. I took about a 2' piece of ribbon and made loose slip knots on both ends and hooked one end to each fat bud because they were across from each other (I just noticed, you can see how I did the ribbon in the first pic of the plant). Now they are still growing and standing upright for the best light. Just thought I'd keep you all up to date a little at a time until I feel better and can stand long enough to take pics of all my girls.

Back
Top Bottom