Neikodog's 1st High Brix Multi-Strain

Hey since we are on the brix reading topic I bought this today any input.
Screenshot_2015-05-24-07-55-14.png

Take another reading. :cheesygrinsmiley: Those numbers are too low to be a good measure of those plants. I wrote a tutorial for taking readings. Try it my way and see what you get.

How to take brix measurements

Is there an advantage to that model? I see the same brand but goes to 32%. It seems like that might make it easier and/or more accurate since we aren't likely to hit 50% brix anytime soon. :whoa: :hmmmm:

Take another reading. :cheesygrinsmiley: Those numbers are too low to be a good measure of those plants. I wrote a tutorial for taking readings. Try it my way and see what you get.

How to take brix measurements

Thanks for that link. I will try again tomorrow. I used a garlic press and it took a couple of squishes to get anything out. I barely had any tikal juice. I got to go dig up some vise grips and something to squish the material in. Based on others plants that are in the zone, I thought I was at least close, they look extremely healthy and that's all that really matters, but it is kinda cool to confirm it.

The Tangerine and Tikal got their 2nd CAT drench this morning, 10 ml CAT and 1.25 ml tea. I swear I can see that tangerine packing on bud while I watch. She is going to be a beauty for sure. I'm not sure if I should re-test brix readings on a CAT day but I need the practice so I'm going to try it. Have a great day gang and remember our fallen hero's today.

The Tangerine and Tikal got their 2nd CAT drench this morning, 10 ml CAT and 1.25 ml tea. I swear I can see that tangerine packing on bud while I watch. She is going to be a beauty for sure. I'm not sure if I should re-test brix readings on a CAT day but I need the practice so I'm going to try it. Have a great day gang and remember our fallen hero's today.

We had a sad casualty last year. A boy I watched grow up with our son, also an Army officer. After three tours in Infantry over too few years years he overdosed to lose the pain. Let's not forget those fallen warriors too.

Thanks for that link. I will try again tomorrow. I used a garlic press and it took a couple of squishes to get anything out. I barely had any tikal juice. I got to go dig up some vise grips and something to squish the material in. Based on others plants that are in the zone, I thought I was at least close, they look extremely healthy and that's all that really matters, but it is kinda cool to confirm it.

Use a mortar/pestle, or at least the back of a spoon and a surface that allows you to pulverize the cells. Graytails tutorial is EXCELLENT.

:love:Ahhh neiko, life finally let me catch up with you again. Sorry about ugly Bob, but he now serves the greater good, so not a total loss. I must say neiko, you really have it going on here. I'm sticking close for the rest of the way. You're doing a good job of sharing the wonder of watching the plants respond to the kit soil. I'm just this side of drenches and sprays and listening to you get all wonderous gets me all excited.

Have a great day neiko. Gotta dash to Dale. Later. :love:

Ok I re-took the brix readings at about the same time as yesterday and I used Graytail's method. I will be picking up a mortar and pestol tomorrow. I had to use 2 butter knives to squish between, it was still a challenge but I got some juice drops. The Tangerine was blurred between 13 and 14. The Tikal was a touch above 12. That seems more in line with how they "look". Scrubby you were right on.

Ok I re-took the brix readings at about the same time as yesterday and I used Graytail's method. I will be picking up a mortar and pestol tomorrow. I had to use 2 butter knives to squish between, it was still a challenge but I got some juice drops. The Tangerine was blurred between 13 and 14. The Tikal was a touch above 12. That seems more in line with how they "look". Scrubby you were right on.

Nice neiko.....I'm sure this brix testing is just like all this a learning experience......got my refractometer coming by end of the month........

I knew it!!! There are several signals the plant show to describe its brix #...ive noticed when your leaves look like that, the numbers are high :)
Great job homey!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom