New City Grower 5.O - The Paper Chase

:allgood:WoW she has come on nicely :thanks:

Nothing like a little pH control eh? :laughtwo: Amazing how surprised we get when they respond to the basics. Lol!

B A R... brother, I'm glad to see you're still growing! I'm back and subbed. Hope all is well in your world. Much love

Greetings & salutations B A R ....and to the rest of you as well ..... just checking in ....Hope all is well for you & your helper :peace:

Puff, puff, pass Mr. Amazin, puff, puff, pass

Drive by.. Girls look happy... Keepem Green
No doubt Woody...

In best Delmonte man voice; Professor flux says Yes, she's a happy plant! Also Chief Rocker says hey to the rocker in training :) good work a going on :)
You really got her full of herself behind that LA... LOL

Just flying through to say hello to two of my favorite peeps...:blushsmile:...:circle-of-love:
And we love Fifi...

Hey BAR good to see you are still here and growing. Most of the people from a couple years ago seem inactive now. Going to catch up on your journals :)
If it isn't the Perthpiper! To be honest I'm not that active myself. This year 420 time at work is a long lost memory. I'm actually doing what they pay me for now; no more down time and life itself has me busy. I guess that's a good thing but I do miss all of you.

Happy days Reg. Peace and plants y'all. :circle-of-love:
Backatcha my Guardian Angel.

B A R... brother, I'm glad to see you're still growing! I'm back and subbed. Hope all is well in your world. Much love
Sphinx in the house!!! Are you ready to give up that magic potion yet? LOL

Greetings & salutations B A R ....and to the rest of you as well ..... just checking in ....Hope all is well for you & your helper :peace:
Everything's lovely Chopper...

Nothing like a little pH control eh? :laughtwo: Amazing how surprised we get when they respond to the basics. Lol!
I know, right Sue. It's doing so well now that we've started another plant in paper medium.

:allgood:WoW she has come on nicely :thanks:
You aint seen nothing yet Jaga!

EXACTLY 1 MONTH AFTER FLIPPING TO 12/12​

Paper has proven to be a good medium after finally dialing in the correct ph level. As you can see below she's crazy top heavy. I didn't even notice it until I pulled her out of the Bloom Tent this evening; she was being supported by the plants surrounding her.

IMG_00023081.jpg

And after tying her up with some gardening wire...

Sorry about the sideways view

IMG_00023090.jpg

IMG_00023093.jpg

IMG_00023094.jpg

Until Next Time... Keepem Green

You know a grow medium is nothing but something to hold the roots together so they can uptake food. PH I could see being a problem with different growing mediums. I still remember seeing this guy back about 72' growing the first hydro I ever saw. He used a 5-gallon water bottle with a hole in the bottom and a wick hanging into the food. He used sawdust for medium in one, and pea gravel in another. Pea gravel was to heavy to move damn near. He had made his own HID light. Wasn't no stores that sold grow lights back in them days... Did I tell you I shook the man that made dirt? Sometimes I feel that old. Dude I been growing almost every year since 73'. Unless I was in errrr, collage. I lose track on all the grows after awhile. But I thought that was so cool. In a water bottle, in his garage under a handmade hood and made alittle room. Tents? WTF was them? But the idea are all the same. Plants are shaping up there,, Keepem Green

Looking sweet. Must be a pungent baby by now. Well done team. :high-five: Keep up the good work. :hug: :love:

OK folks, we took her down a couple of weeks ago and to make a short story even shorter PAPER & VERMICULITE is a cheap and efficient alternative to soil.
Sorry it took this long to show the results but I saved the pics.

They speak for themselves...

IMG_00023101.jpg

IMG_00023126.jpg

IMG_00023123.jpg

As you can see below once the paper degrades into the Vermiculite it turns into a medium that looks and feels a lot like soil. Like Woody said at the beginning of this thread; "Medium is just something for the roots to grow in". The nutes are what our beloved plant feeds on. The trick is adjusting your PH levels for soil-less mediums (we finally tuned it in at 5.3)

IMG_00023135.jpg

With that said we now have 3 pots going with the same medium and since we know the correct PH levels They're all the picture of health...

BAR, signing off... over & out...

Cool... That's all medium is really. And as long as it has enough substance to hold your plant upright and isn't off the scale on the PH. Hydroponics... Sand, peagravel, sawdust, a old blanket rolled up. Hell little squares of felt stacked up in a pot. Man I looked afew times to see if I could find a pic or vid of that growing in a rolled up phone book... Great to see ya again, had me wondering wtf... Keepem Green

Well there ya go. Three more in the works, eh? I'm looking forward to the smoke report. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I love the way you fly in and out Reg. Lol! Have a delightful day. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom