New ViparSpectra Lights Powering Self Watered SIP Run

LIGHT PERIOD CHANGE AND AWAY WE GO UPDATE!

Hello all, the 10 day check the sex 12/12 light time is over and a new 18/6 is installed. In 30 days ish they will show sex. Fun fact. The ones I did last reverted to not showing female at some point of life. They're an interesting plant! So I think we get a peek and when normal veg lighting time comes up they revert to not showing until light time, and they are ready.
They made some growth progress. This new soil is something! Water pours right through it! So lots of oxygen I guess. I'm wetting them down every two days, I haven't been close enough to them to wait for a wilt before water but soon I like to make that cycle happen for some good roots!
Here they joyously bask!
The @ViparSpectra XS1500 Pro is still at 75% and is 24 inches above the canopy
Still warming their bottoms.
And the numbers.
Here we have a Northern Stank
And a Red Velvet Muffin
Also one Black Poisonberry
There's more but I couldn't keep them all straight so later for them. They say high :ciao:
I hope you have a great day and good things happen to you!

Highya SO,

Little ladies look great! You have some Van Stank genetics in there, too, I see. We can both smoke some this winter! Yay! Seedlings are bigger than mine at 10 days. Must be your heat mat. You have a first class operation SO! Happy Smokin'

Yummy and unusual sounding strains Otter. congrats on the happy babies. Lighting noted. You do have your light hanging higher than mine at that intensity. I love how the photoperiod plants can show sex early and then revert to veg. I think that is a pretty groundbreaking discovery.

Hows that compare to using the pots mate? Like significant increase?
Well 3 plants in two 50L pots and one 30L pot is about 120L or 34gallons, but the trough holds close to 3 times that volume (330L), so the soil should stay hydrated for longer and less concern when away.
Do tell. What you end up with if its cool to ask?
I got some New Caledonian landrace sativa (reg seeds), Golden Tiger (sativa), Super Lemon Haze (mostly sativa), Frozen Black Cherry (80% indica), and 3 auto strains, Dark Devil Auto, Blue Dream'mactic & Panama Lime.

I was so pleased to get them that I enjoyed a few tokes in celebration then promptly went and made another order, you see what I'm doing, I'm trying to blame in on the smoke! But yeah, hopefully they come thru too.

So nice the sproutlings, so warm their bums!
When do you remove a heat mat? I'm all for a good start but everything has an end. I'm thinking any day now. It's 70f down there now. I do like a warm bum!
Highya SO,

Little ladies look great! You have some Van Stank genetics in there, too, I see. We can both smoke some this winter! Yay! Seedlings are bigger than mine at 10 days. Must be your heat mat. You have a first class operation SO! Happy Smokin'
Van gave me a start when I was $ strapped and ignorant to the nature of the grow. It'll be a pleasure to toke it up in his honor this winter! The mat helps. I'm wondering about this build a soil starter soil though. It looks all modern and vegetarian. I'm not changing over but I may keep using it for starts.
Yummy and unusual sounding strains Otter. congrats on the happy babies. Lighting noted. You do have your light hanging higher than mine at that intensity. I love how the photoperiod plants can show sex early and then revert to veg. I think that is a pretty groundbreaking discovery.
Yummy and unusual, I love that talk! I can't wait to see how the pollen flew!
That sexing was cool to observe! I'm glad that @Keffka had the presence of mind to mention the process! It makes a long process more predictable and much shorter!

That sexing was cool to observe! I'm glad that @Keffka had the presence of mind to mention the process! It makes a long process more predictable and much shorter!

Personally, I’m impressed it works so consistently and across everything we’ve thrown at it. This however does mean I now have many more questions about what’s actually occurring. I don’t believe it’s a revert of any kind. @Gee64 and I have both discussed that natural light patterns for cannabis in the wild would be closer to 12/12 from sprout than 16/8 from sprout so it’s not like we’re doing anything wildly different.

The plants also don’t show any of the signs of hormone changes or stress, and they don’t show any of the classic signs of being revegged. It’s my belief that we’ve simply found a way to have the plants mature slightly faster by having a more natural lighting rhythm.

Plants have circadian rhythms just like we do. I suspect it will be related to that.

Big Wide Leaves , I likey ! plants look strong too :volcano-smiley:
Like paddles! I was noticing them too! It's the Runtz cross I think. They were pretty wide.
If it's 70° in there I'd say you can lose the heat mat. Roots should stay cooler than the leaves anyway and 70 won't cause any trouble. :thumb:
It's time! They grow up so fast! 🥹
Personally, I’m impressed it works so consistently and across everything we’ve thrown at it. This however does mean I now have many more questions about what’s actually occurring. I don’t believe it’s a revert of any kind. @Gee64 and I have both discussed that natural light patterns for cannabis in the wild would be closer to 12/12 from sprout than 16/8 from sprout so it’s not like we’re doing anything wildly different.

The plants also don’t show any of the signs of hormone changes or stress, and they don’t show any of the classic signs of being revegged. It’s my belief that we’ve simply found a way to have the plants mature slightly faster by having a more natural lighting rhythm.

Plants have circadian rhythms just like we do. I suspect it will be related to that.
Could be brother. I'm happy to be applying it!

So, let me get this straight! You put a seedling (what age) under a 12/12 light, and it'll reveal the sex? Then back to 16/8 (or whatever) and goes back to like it was before? That would be handy to do that with reg seeds!! I need to understand this more! Happy Smokin'

They're not reverting because they're not sexually mature yet since we stop at 10 days old.

So, let me get this straight! You put a seedling (what age) under a 12/12 light, and it'll reveal the sex?
@Bode , 12/12 for first 10 days above ground, then back to 18/6 or whatever your normal veg light schedule is.

So, let me get this straight! You put a seedling (what age) under a 12/12 light, and it'll reveal the sex? Then back to 16/8 (or whatever) and goes back to like it was before? That would be handy to do that with reg seeds!! I need to understand this more! Happy Smokin'
Yes! The Rev in his book, True Living Organics, wrote (as Azi mentioned) 12/12 for 10 days then 18/6. They will show sex in around 30 days from now.
That has been working for some of us. Not perfect in my opinion but it's nature and close enough for me. The one outside got checked like that and these all are in mid check. I got fooled once and thought it was a male because I didn't see a hair and later on surprised with some. Other than that the process is working.

The seedling on sprout is start time. That day or the next is day one.

They're not reverting because they're not sexually mature yet since we stop at 10 days old.

@Bode , 12/12 for first 10 days above ground, then back to 18/6 or whatever your normal veg light schedule is.
How does that reveal the sex?

Back
Top Bottom