NewBGrower420's Grow Journal

here you go blaze..i fed again with 334 ppm with the nute water that was left over from the litre I had mixed during my first feeding ph is 5.9-6.0. light is approx. 22 inches away! :)
20151119_040405.jpg
20151119_040412.jpg
20151119_040418.jpg
20151119_040422.jpg
20151119_040507.jpg

Still growing, so not too bad. I think those burnt tips might be from the light and not nute burn as the plant is still light green.

Did you pack that medium into the pot quite tight, because it is retaining alot of moisture. In future, when filling the pot with your medium don't compact it too much. Just lightly tamp it in. That way the medium will drain well, and not retain too much moisture for too long.

Yeah, coco is a little different. No nutes in the medium, so you have to start feeding almost immediately. I think he is using 1/4 strength nutes at the moment though.

LOL! Nah man... we need you in here.

You say it looks like nute burn. Can a plant that looks hungry suffer nute burn? That is a genuine question. I discounted nute burn due to the low strength solution and the general faded look of the plant. He is using LED light, and I've read they need to be kept at quite a distance even though they don't put out as much heat as HID. What do you think? He has moved the light up from 17 inches to 22 inches.

pH is usually the biggest problem in coco. Although he has been monitoring that. Still, cant rule that out. Maybe he should leave it to dry out quite a bit, and then feed/water until he gets runoff. Then measure the pH of the runoff.

Would a calmag deficiency raise it's head so early in a grow? I've only ever experienced it when the plant is mature.

heres the pics from yesterday, sorry computer was giving promblems uploading my pics to this site. updated pics of today will be coming soon
20151122_221214.jpg
20151122_221206.jpg
20151122_221158.jpg
20151122_221153.jpg
20151122_221153.jpg

That plant still looks over watered. Strange. How tight did you pack that medium into that pot?

If the pot is light and medium dry, you can go ahead and feed it again.

I paacked the medium kinda tight because first I didnt have enough medium because when I first gave feed the medium went down alot so I packed more of the medium on top to fill the pot up to the rim. Bad? Should I transplant to bigger container? And the medium looks dry and feels really light. So if I underatand correctly I should go ahead and feed today right blaze?

Yeah, you can feed today bud. Just around the base of the plant, so it doesn't take so long to dry out again.

In future, don't pack your medium to tight into the container. You want your medium to have good drainage. This will help prevent root rot, and means you can feed/water more often.

For now, don't transplant. When the plant is as big, or slightly bigger than the container it's in then you can transplant. Maybe look into fabric pots. It's almost impossible to over water in fabric pots because of the amount of oxygen available to the roots.

Going to be alittle tricky to only water around the base due to the pot size (I had a feeling I should have planted in a bigger container before I had started) but will try! I have 5 gal of water in a bucket since the beginning of this grow to kill the chlorine so im going to take 1 litre of that water and mix with 1 ml sensi grow A and 1 ml sensi grow B mix well and ph to 6.0 leave for a few hours and keep shaking before I feed! :) cool? Also what ppm should I try and aim for blaze?

Back
Top Bottom