Some growers move their light schedule closer to 12/12 for like three days prior and say they get faster pistils. So a few months should be a lock! 😅

Cutting edge grow you got going there Nick. :thumb:
Yeah I’ve done that and I’ve done the 36 hour blackout for flip a la Res Dog.

See how we go. At least a week to flip yet. Need them a decent chunk bigger yet.

Sounds like your having fun growing again instead of managing a small MJ production facility, having a contest, fighting the light company and trying to deal with a regular job all at once. I mean you watered your plants not on a timer for the first time since I've followed your many active journals haha keep up the great grow.

Hope you made it to bed and didn't end up napping with the jungle critters 🐒.
Wise words buddy! Watered them all last night by eye as well. Play some music sit and have a cigarette and chill. Been missed!

IMG_0674.jpeg

Slept in a little this morning. Greedy bastards fell over with thirst. Got to have their four square a day the little darlings.

Grow Genius - I got the name wrong.

Grow Genius Mono Silic 40% about $50 for 100ml (4oz ish) worth it. Really.

0.3ml per 10L (2.5 gallons) or double it during stretch and it will slow vertical growth which might be interesting to you as a sativa grower.
That’s something that will most definitely be helpful. More than a few times I’ve almost run out of real estate. How does it slow vertical growth? Anyone know? CL🍀

IMG_0682.jpeg
IMG_0683.jpeg
IMG_0684.jpeg
IMG_0685.jpeg

These are nice.

3x Pineapple Chunk
3x Future #1
2x Bruce Banner
2x GMO
1x GSC
1x Imperium X

There’s a GMO at the back pissing me off. Getting too tall. Probably top her sooner rather than later. Gave them a few minutes of water. Think I might flush them all tomorrow. Tank is empty.

IMG_0686.jpeg
IMG_0687.jpeg
IMG_0688.jpeg

The Permanent Markers on the right side have got some tipping. Actually not insubstantial amounts. They’ve had quite a hit of the Seaweed Amino stuff in lieu of our normal Multi Total. Maybe - these are the only ones of this strain we have growing nothing to cross reference it with. Raised the lights a touch anyway. I mean honestly it could be a deficiency. Gas is pumping.

I split the difference.

I wasn’t going to water them today but gave them 40L, (which is why I also watered the 8x4 above, in for a penny in for pound) not enough for run off, raised the lights a bit and tomorrow decide whether to flush or to carry on as we were. Weirdly that one with twisted leaves, the last grow we had a Purple Punch there did the same thing at the same point in the grow. Shed said he associated it with an insect making a home. @Absorber said something. Plant ended up fine. We had two other @Barney's Farm Purple Queens that massively out yielded her but they were always better plants.

Nick

IMG_0690.jpeg

Ahed said he associated it with an insect making a home. @abosrber said something.
😂

Also, can't you ask &Co to be the hand model if you feel the need to hide your leaves? Honest to God, that picture is something I just can't unsee. I fear it will haunt my dreams. And not in a good way. :eek:

😂

Also, can't you ask &Co to be the hand model if you feel the need to hide your leaves? Honest to God, that picture is something I just can't unsee. I fear it will haunt my dreams. And not in a good way. :eek:
Yeah his brother runs a fishing boat. After whales last I heard.

Yeah & Co has other chores. They’re clean now. Can be dirty work down on the farm.

This is a carry on from the contest thread. Smoke (vape) report on some Future #1 at the store down the road.

IMG_0719.jpeg
IMG_0721.jpeg
IMG_0724.jpeg
IMG_0717.jpeg

So Anesia who bred it have it at 37% and 50/50 Sat/Ind and Blimburn that copied it have the same numbers.

This is marked 23% on the jar and 28% on the packet. The packet also has 70/30 Sat/Ind

That I get. Its def a sativa leaner. I just demolished my dinner of a massive pork chop on the bone with chips and stir fried vegetables. That’s what sativas do to me! It smelt quite farmyard green. Chasing for tastes maybe some sharp perfume notes but really bland. Its like the two other ultra strong Anesia seeds
I had. Hmm 23%? Not these buds. Low teens. Probably the top stuff could have gone higher. But its subjective. I’ve been supercharging my vapes with kief for 24 hours now 😂

Yeah I think a lower bud and not grown great. It was a really hard grind as well. I think short on drying before cure. There was a little sticky but barely. Not to warrant me locking my grinder trying to get it done.

Quite nice. Been a while since I’ve has suck a clean sativa. Runtz x Layer Cake whoops you both ways. Tropicanna Banana a bit of an off kilter high. All over the place. This is a clear mild organised high. We should clear a kilo of it in 3 months or so, I think it will be popular.

Nick

Fuck another 70/30 Sat/Ind 😂 - but when I look online Banana OG x Wedding Cake is the other way which makes sense.

Tiny buds. Smells better. Almost a hint of banana to it. And ground much easier though still enough the grinder locked and I had to ask & Co to undo it for me. Always emasculating that.

Cheapo new Cookies metal grinder. The nice ones are all full with kief charged strains. Normally I’d toss the contents but the kief is limited supply.

So yep. Lets give this a go.

IMG_0725.jpeg

Yeah this is more like it for me.

Its approaching midnight and this is a nice warm shake of an indica. Rubs your shoulders but still massages the clavicles to keep you sharp as well.

I’m not sure its got the same hit as our Ayahuasca Purple, better than the various OG kush I’ve had this week though. That’s tested at 18% this has def got more to it. I can believe the best buds of this plant went much higher. Really nice.

Maybe the Mimosa OP better comparison. Its def heavier on the indica than that though. Yum.

IMG_0728.jpeg
IMG_0730.jpeg
So yeah had only been fed twice today. Popped downstairs gone midnight and remembered out of veg nutes in the tank. Whipped up a quick 25L or so of just cal mag at about 1.2ml about half what is normal and Ph’d to 5.8 (how good are my skills guesstimated 4.5ml
ph down to get 25L at PH 6.7 - I hit my mark first time) Its the little things that bring me joy.

How many hours have I spent mixing nutes to know that? Never mix 25L batches either. Stuff like that, little skills you accrue doing something a lot, are so rewarding.

Anyway whilst I pondered these deep thoughts I accidentally watered the breeding tent, noticed the 315 CMH light goes out at 10pm and on at 7am (though its reversed I think he wired it wrong) which is actually great. Rhat’s a big electrical saving. The 320 LED is on but just at 75%

So yeah all that meant I didn’t turn the water off to the solos. So basically I flushed them. Was gonna do tomorrow anyway.

IMG_0727.jpeg

Absorber and I weren't talking about twisty unless you're describing it wrong. We were talking about leaves that fold in half that look like the edges are stuck together. Part of the eyes test. ;)

Also, am I supposed to know what that round thing is as a reference?
img_0721-jpeg.3568675
@Azimuth skittles piece

IMG_0733.jpeg

So I’ve been following @Wastei Banner journal and ha. We grow with a lot of similar but our nutes we are so far apart. I don’t really want to get into that here. Because I’m learning, and questioning.

One thing Wastei is way more into than me since our first two grows is testing run off.

Now I never test PPM, like once every few months so I don’t have input values for that but can get tomorrow. I think probably 1850 from memory at that EC.

INPUT

Ph 5.5 EC 2.0 PPM *1850

OUTPUT

Ph 6.1 EC 1.9 PPM 1590

The output had been standing out under lights

I guess I’m expecting a steeper drop tomorrow as it wasn’t to todays run off. Only 40L or something.

But buddy Wastei - what am I looking for here? I appreciate my EC and PPM about double yours!

BTW - the 5.5 was deliberately low. They just had a big dose of that micro nutrient rich and aminos stuff. They’ll optimise uptake a little lower on the Ph scale, right?

IMG_0733.jpeg

So I’ve been following @Wastei Banner journal and ha. We grow with a lot of similar but our nutes we are so far apart. I don’t really want to get into that here. Because I’m learning, and questioning.

One thing Wastei is way more into than me since our first two grows is testing run off.

Now I never test PPM, like once every few months so I don’t have input values for that but can get tomorrow. I think probably 1850 from memory at that EC.

INPUT

Ph 5.5 EC 2.0 PPM *1850

OUTPUT

Ph 6.1 EC 1.9 PPM 1590

The output had been standing out under lights

I guess I’m expecting a steeper drop tomorrow as it wasn’t to todays run off. Only 40L or something.

But buddy Wastei - what am I looking for here? I appreciate my EC and PPM about double yours!

BTW - the 5.5 was deliberately low. They just had a big dose of that micro nutrient rich and aminos stuff. They’ll optimise uptake a little lower on the Ph scale, right?
I've actually ordered some calibration solution for my EC pens(1.43 EC). I managed to break the probe on my pH pen(PH-200) and had to start using my old HM combo EC/pH pen. That came out 0.4 EC over what my regular EC pen(COM-80) shows.
IMG_20240406_201325077.jpg

No EC calibration for years might explain some low numbers I have on my runoff. I've used the same pen since forever and haven't bothered to calibrate which I know is more than well needed. At the end of the day I go by plant response and the value I get out as runoff is the reference point to adjust from no matter the value.

Cheers!

I've actually ordered some calibration solution for my EC pens(1.43 EC). I managed to break the probe on my pH pen(PH-200) and had to start using my old HM combo EC/pH pen. That came out 0.4 EC over what my regular EC pen(COM-80) shows.
IMG_20240406_201325077.jpg

No EC calibration for years might explain some low numbers I have on my runoff. I've used the same pen since forever and haven't bothered to calibrate which I know is more than well needed. At the end of the day I go by plant response and the value I get out as runoff is the reference point to adjust from no matter the value.

Cheers!
Yeah I get you buddy!

My Ph only from Blue Lab is likely very close to perfect. Only a mknth late on calibration!

But what are you looking for on output? A drop in Ph, PPM and EC? Or somethings table in and out?

Of course we look to the plant for our lead - but what makes you feel comfortable? Honest question!

I remember the first grow we used these trays it going in at 5.8 and coming out at 4.4 but we ran higher EC then.

Ayahuasca Purple. Tastes purple grapey. Clean crisp like a cold glass of juice.

Man I’ll sleep good soon.

Watched the Matt Damon Talented Mr Ripley earlier. Now on the new Andrew Scott Talented Mr Ripley. Damon ahead at the moment. But different strokes and the Netflix one has more screen time.

It is actually in B&W. Not just my vision shutting down.

Back
Top Bottom