Yeah I get you buddy!

My Ph only from Blue Lab is likely very close to perfect. Only a mknth late on calibration!

But what are you looking for on output? A drop in Ph, PPM and EC? Or somethings table in and out?

Of course we look to the plant for our lead - but what makes you feel comfortable? Honest question!

I remember the first grow we used these trays it going in at 5.8 and coming out at 4.4 but we ran higher EC then.
I try to keep things constant and I look for a output values that's slightly over my input in EC.

Say I'm aiming for 1.0 EC in the pots and I feed them 0.6 EC from the reservoir and in veg runoff comes out 0.9 EC feeding two times a day. If I then switch to flower you will see EC start declining on the runoff.

Instead of increasing nutrient strength I then aim to increase feeding frequency to combat a downward and upward swing in EC and pH between feedings.

I aim to have my output within 0.3 EC points of my input. If I feed 0.7 I want 1.0 EC on the runoff. If that start to add up way above range I start decreasing strength on the feed.

When it comes to the plant itself I mostly look on leaf tips and newly formed growth and leaf shade at different stages of growth ie small leaves, big leaves, amount of gloss etc.

@Wastei

Thanks buddy. You attribute the 0.6-0.9 EC bump to just general coco fibre run off? Stuff picked up on the way or waste product?

Also you know I use Dutch Pro, I takenon board your notes about fert firms wanting younto, you knoe, buy more fert! But you’ve said previously you think DP are a reasonably jonest bunxh?

Thanks buddy. You sttribute the 0.6-0.9 EC bump to just general coco fibre run off? Atuff picked up on the way or waste produxt?
I don't think it should add up much on the total. Coir breaks down very slowly compared to peat and I use 50% perlite. I cycle the medium often enough for me to not even include it in any calculations.

The medium do change throughout the grow and coir contains significant amount of P and K and releases these slowly throughout the grow. I lower silicate and kelp as much as possible at the end of flower for these reasons(lower K). I do however see the same pH and EC curves in coir as I did running DWC.

The values corresponds to how the plants look and respons, that's enough for me.

Cheers bud!

I don't think it should add up much on the total. Coir breaks down very slowly compared to peat and I use 50% perlite. I cycle the medium often enough for me to not even include it in any calculations.

The medium do change throughout the grow and coir contains significant amount of P and K and releases these slowly throughout the grow. I lower silicate and kelp as much as possible at the end of flower for these reasons(lower K). I do however see the same pH and EC curves in coir as I did running DWC.

The values corresponds to how the plants look and respons, that's enough for me.

Cheers bud!
Yeah this all came out of the tipping I’m seeing which kinds threw me.

Plants not perfect suddenly.

Working through. Back it off

IN

Ph 5.8
EC 1.8
PPM 1150

OUT

Ph 5.6
EC 2.8
PPM 1650

Maybe I’m picking up sediment that’s previously been left as the water evaporated off?

Still not really sure whatI’m looking for. The yellow edging has worsened and spread. Really light mix put through them today.

IMG_0753.jpeg
IMG_0754.jpeg
IMG_0755.jpeg

Yeah not looking too special now. Weird the other plants same mix are fine. Mild mix. No seaweed, no aminos. Just Cal Mag, A/B, Take Root, Mono Silic and keep it clean. Plus lights up about 6” and balance much flatter overall.

Should be fine by Tuesday. Was assuming I’d be flipping them this time next week but not so sure now. Maybe another week in them.

IMG_0750.jpeg

I think these will be ready for flip next week. Much more limited height available here. Maybe their roots have filled out the pot already and concentrating on vertical growth more.

IMG_0751.jpeg
IMG_0752.jpeg

These I’m giving longer as well. 2 weeks. I want them way bigger before flip than last time out.

Nick

This box of bits and pieces outside the grow room just randomly fell over. No one near it. No breeze. Ghost gotta have been a ghost.

Anyway I go to pick it up and repack the stuff in it - we really need to get this all cleared out to our storage place - but I find my Jade Monkey. Meant to be in the glove box my car - although actually I bought two.

Either way I took it as a sign from the Gods. So we have a mascot, nay, a diety in the room.

IMG_0756.jpeg

IMG_0765.jpeg

This was 6pm. They’d already been fed twice. Meh, its a bit too warm in there. The AC is working properly into the previous tent in the circuit. But still. Going to have to be every 4 hours. It feels like they’re not taking enough each feed. Maybe aerated the medium and batter them with H2o2 or just actually repot them. They missed a repot compared to most grows. Missed the SWICKIES

IMG_0766.jpeg
IMG_0767.jpeg
IMG_0768.jpeg

Yeah these look great. No nute/light burn on these though the two taler ones show hints of it. Will top them tomorrow.

IMG_0771.jpeg
IMG_0772.jpeg
IMG_0773.jpeg

And hey they ain’t perfect but they’re getting better for sure. Couple of concerns. Floppy McTwisty on the left and one runt floppy at the back. The rest look great. Visually showing the scars of that combination of events led to the thick yellow edging. Not sure. Maybe, this is the only way I make sense of it because the other 24 plants on the same mix really haven’t shown adverse effects.

More light, closer
Lowered the Ph to 5.5
Hot dosed seaweed/aminos
Added Co2

I don’t think its just the light. Where the light was closest to the plants wasn't where the burn occurred. Though the overlap lights is kinda where it did. But ai think the Co2 played a part - exaggerating the effects with increased photosynthesis rates. The non Co2 enhanced plants just slowly munched their way through it. These ones took everything all at once.

Greedy bastards paid for it.

Anyhoo, all backed off and steady. They’ll be fine in 24 hours I reckon.

Nick

IMG_0789.jpeg
IMG_0790.jpeg
IMG_0786.jpeg
IMG_0787.jpeg
IMG_0791.jpeg

Amateur hour ‘pon amateur hour.

First I played pool tonight. Played pretty good for a guy with an S Shaped spine. We lost 7-1 which against the top team in the league was OK. Twice in the team bit the guy getting fired anyway (he’s helpfully going on holiday tomorrow to Germany and will just not make the team again) but also the bar owner our team and I concurred rhe lady that won our sole point is getting fired as well. She just gets wasted drunk and cost us two points elsewhere.

Anyway & Co was meant to water the solos at 10pm before picking ne up and I was gonna water at 12am to give them 5. They didn’t look too thirsty and took 3 minutes of water until I realised wait…

I’d given three more minutes to upstairs as had & Co earlier.

I realised and gave the solos another minute but it means upstairs has likely had 140L or so through today. The tank was on 150L this morning.

That’s not far off half pot sized.

40% the pot?

Its pretty much a half flush from the bad nutes. 180L into 360L in 30 hours.

I mean a thoroughly stupid mistake made by & Co and reinforced by me.

But, yeah. I’m quite pleased it happened.

Gas is out as well. So they’re lights off, flushed to a low EC uncomplicated Veg mix in a cooler dryer environment.

Just backed it off. Albeit a chunk of luck to it.

They’ll look great tomorrow.

Nick & Co (if you can't be good - be lucky)

Lowered the Ph to 5.5
What's the reason for lowering pH? It looked like it came out way low yesterday at pH 5.6?

I rather have 7.0 on my runoff than 5.5 in soilless. A pH range of 5.5-5.8 is better suited for pure hydro and water cultures IMO.

Cheers!

What's the reason for lowering pH? It looked like it came out way low yesterday at pH 5.6?

I rather have 7.0 on my runoff than 5.5 in soilless. A pH range of 5.5-5.8 is better suited for pure hydro and water cultures IMO.

Cheers!
Like I said above but maybe differently - we’re out of Multi Total. I made up the difference for the micro nutrients with a strong dose of this garden store (HomePro Thailand, Bison Brand) stuff. I knew it ran hot anyway. And never use in the last 4 weeks because tou can smell
It until 2 months of cure 😂 But max the micro uptake I dropped the Ph lower to theoretically increase their ability to absorb it.

That they did - but with the Co2 and high light levels they cooked too much.

The 5.5 down from 6 was intentional.

I cooked them in a mess of reinforcement errors.

All good. Recovered I reckon

IMG_0791.jpeg

IMG_0792.jpeg

Yeah so i swapped ugly plant for best biggest plant in the room.

Interestingly I thought biggest plant had two small netafim collars which makes ine big one - 8 of rhe individual ones fhe solos have 2 of. Its all 2L per hour. Just 1, 2, 4, 8 of them.

Biggest plant had 12 emitters. Lowest light. No signs of burn.

Interesting.

IMG_0827.jpeg
IMG_0828.jpeg
IMG_0830.jpeg
IMG_0831.jpeg

Yeah the one at the very front on the left in the last photo is the one looks worst. But ai do think its turned a corner. Gas is off, light is up and the nutes are off. We’re in no rush. I think flipping this Sunday is unrealistic. I do like flipping on Sundays and can see 5 more days the same as this then next week ramp it up a bit. They’re all basically indica as fuck so height is never gonna be an issue. Groe out big string stems with the extra time to hold weight. Long and slow 10 weeks of flower. No rush.

Downstairs - about to water the solos for 6th time today.

IMG_0819.jpeg
IMG_0822.jpeg
IMG_0820.jpeg

These too - reckon still another 12 days of veg is fine. Its only like a liter each they’re taking each day 😂

IMG_0825.jpeg

These are great but think flipping this weekend. Just a height thing. Maybe can hold off. Bit of aggressive topping and weights. Just what I acn’t be bothered with.

Meh.

Nick

IMG_0832.jpeg

IMG_0833.jpeg

6 in the bag. Tbh - I often wake up at 6am. I’ll probably stumble downstairs and pump a minute or so in before lights on at 8am (lights out in 90 minutes at 2am)

Its an interesting blend in there. Heavy Cookies. Girl Scout, Red Hot and GMO? But rhen Sativa hybrid Banner and Pineapple Chunk still more Sativa.

Does this way lead a kilo? Next time sparkey is here I’ shifting some of the 60w full spectrum bars in here. 3x 60w plus 480w gives me 660w. I like.

IMG_0833.jpeg

6 in the bag. Tbh - I often wake up at 6am. I’ll probably stumble downstairs and pump a minute or so in before lights on at 8am (lights out in 90 minutes at 2am)

Its an interesting blend in there. Heavy Cookies. Girl Scout, Red Hot and GMO? But rhen Sativa hybrid Banner and Pineapple Chunk still more Sativa.

Does this way lead a kilo? Next time sparkey is here I’ shifting some of the 60w full spectrum bars in here. 3x 60w plus 480w gives me 660w. I like.
More power captain!!! Scotty will beam that shit right up!! Now fire up that leftie and pass it as soon as you teleport!! Deal? 🤣😂😎✌️

IMG_0848.jpeg

Its really not enjoying life. Fucker. The other one I was worried about has recovered, back wall smallest plant right side.

So I didn't feed this one today. The coco is still damp. A bucket of H2o2 maybe later?

Def not flipping this weekend.

IMG_0849.jpeg

IMG_0841.jpeg

Topped three of these. Bottom left and both of column 4 in the middle left.

Just getting too tall already.

IMG_0833.jpeg

An hour late with feed #3 of 6 a d the back row falls over. Meh.

If the plant in the flower room doesn’t fix its self I’m going to swap in a really nice Seed Junky Animal Mints BX1 - bit different. Mostly cookies and 18%.

Nick

IMG_0871.jpeg

Like I get these. Pump in 6 times a day, ph? Don’t care. Get two a day closento 5.8 and we’re OK. But six tines a day.

This I can work with. The below not so much.

IMG_0874.jpeg
IMG_0875.jpeg
IMG_0876.jpeg

I chucked i guess 15L - 3 gallons maybe of swimming pool water through the errant plant pot. Needed the vacuum to suck up all the overflow. It was brutal. Chucked it in with force and menace.

Perlite splatter like you’d need Dexter to track its path through the room.

Didn’t Ph it though the pool should be Ph 7. Lolz ai got three months free pool serve ($100 p/m) The owner the compsny was was testing with paper strips and saying a little low at Ph 6.2

Buddy Belge - my Blue Lab calibrated says 4.4, $2 5-1 says 4.6 and the CRM 80 EC pen says 4.2 - reckon you need something better than dip and test paper test my pool?

Anyway - oh the plant? Yeah. Roots are fucked somehow. Rinsed it. See what happens.

Just had some really nice seed. Straight from farm but paid for in a dispensary. . Like as good as our grown. Sticky lush.

Nick

IMG_0886.jpeg

Yeah its dead.

Same spot as the last one which recovered. Didn’t treat with the wilt stuff which & Co reckons she lost. Told her it cost $70 which might have woken her up to looking for it more. Particukarly as she’s had a glimpse of what a month of operating costs is on my spreadsheet.

Lady wants Dynomyco back.

Lady now understands its $80 a grow.

Going to take one of the Animal Mints BX1’s and repot to a 5 gallon to replace it later today. There’s a better Future #1 than the runt downstairs as well. Will swap them out later today.

All good.

Nick

Back
Top Bottom