NoobyMacDooby's Grow: Less Nooby More Dooby!

I've had no herm show up on any of mine so far .. just put down another run now

Yeah I guess I'm showing that under potentially stressful conditions they gonna hermie? They have all shown a single nutsack but nothing more. The DWC plant though was very weird in its hermie (well to me at least) one branch would have all female flowers and then another branch all male... was wondering if I had chopped down the male only branches what would have happened.

As far as phenos goes though they seem to have a gasssy smell earlier on and now at 3 weeks they smell like sunlight soap. Compared to the Cuvee they seem to be bigger yielders. Read that GSC isnt a big producer. They are also staring to frost up now.

Saw your start to a pheno hunt....bliksem...pretty sure you're going to find some fire!

The Cookies from cali con were just a glorified og hahaha nice size yield and very frosty.. just hermied and I didn't like the smell lol.. my friends still running the cut tje seeds come from. The loco shoukd add a little to the yield and hopefully some Tangie or Berry tones.

Gives cali con the stink eye.... yeah I can definitely smell some sort of fruity tones coming off of it. And as mentioned the nugs are quite dense!

Will say once more the buds are feeling dense and the frost is starting to throw too. So far this seems like a good cross to my noob eyes but has a tendency to hermie if the inexperienced grower stresses the plant...lols. Very interesting smell at the moment too, like fruit scented soap. A stem rub however gives off a more gassy chemical smell to me.

A lot of the poly hybrids seem to have a tendency to hermie.
Ok, what is a poly hybrid??? That is a term I've not heard as of yet.

Maybe a polyploid hybrid???? Do people cross polys with other strains that are not poly? I don't see the point. I can see the poly to poly mating.

Just trying to learn....

Nevermind.... Google is your friend......

You should find stabile plant in a gen or 2 just have to pay attention

Or you @NoobyMacDooby

Do you have any source of breeding information that is easy to follow?

I've looked at a few threads on it, but they don't explain it in a way I can interpret it.

I've searched, but they start with the f1 o12's, and I get confused quickly. I could use a lineage tree better.

Just asking. It is another side of growing I would love to get into.

F1’s are first generation hybrids and give a few phenotypes
F2’s are 2nd generation between siblings they will give you lots of phenos as will f3
You have to be careful you’re selecting for desirable traits because there will be bad traits popping up

F1’s are first generation hybrids and give a few phenotypes
F2’s are 2nd generation between siblings they will give you lots of phenos as will f3
You have to be careful you’re selecting for desirable traits because there will be bad traits popping up
So you breed two plants = F1
Then you breed the plants from those seeds together= F2

Is that correct?

Sounds like you could spend a long time doing this if you have a small space. (going through the seeds 2 plants at a time)

Looks like its time to turn the dial back over to Nooby!

Yesterday was a big mess. 1st off, the one day I dont go check the nursery lights and the fookers dont come on. Only checked the plants in the afternoon and came upon a very droopy sad looking green crack. Not a problem flipped the lights on and figured it would be an hour or 2 before it stood back up again. It was at this point I decided to adjust the light and proceeded to drop it on the plant folding the stem in half and snapping off a grow point....great. STill alive this morning and recovering well but most likely a week set back on grow time.

The next batch of noobness kicked in when I discovered that a nanner or nutsack had gone off and a seed or 2 started showing on some buds. Again not ideal but not a tragedy. Figured I'd spray the plants with some light peroxide mix. Grabbed the bottle and after 3 good squirts I could smell that it wasnt peroxide but pesticide....the very large warning I wrote on the side of the bottle in "permanent" marker had completely faded off under the leds lights. So sprayed my 4 week old plants with pesticides....fkn brilliant. Sprayed them again with some actual peroxide.

Grow number 3 is not going to end as well as I hoped. At least I got this far and I'm certainly learning lots....mostly what not to do but hey we can't all make it look easy.

Back
Top Bottom