Northern Lights X Big Bud Hempy Clone Grow

Lol sorry to leave yah all hanging.

My cousin killed himself last week and now Im sick as a dog...
My new vaporizer is not helping me with motivation either.
I have work and school also so when I get caught up ill get you all up to date.

Just dont want anyone thinking I got busted lol

I stopped by sisco looking good!

Im still behind here so I dont know when Im going to update... I feel like the white rabbit from alice in wonderland all the time...
"I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!"

Hello all, and thanks for sticking around...

Due to the recent events I have missed out on taking pictures of harvest time.
I will tell you the story though...

I discovered bud rot on the Sour Diesel plant after a week of gray rainy weather. I had been expecting it all summers as early in the summer we had a cool wet streak and it had developed it then.
I had no choice but to chop her down a 1-2 weeks early...
I had also had some bud boring worms like so many others here.
The SD strain seems to not be resistant to mold or critters like the sleeskunk is.

The smell of the SD has gone from a pinesol like astringent smell to a fruity citrus smell.
And the smoke after 4 weeks cure is a very potent mix of cerebral and body high.
Some of the buds lean farther to the cerebral side though.
Trics were 60% clear 40% cloudy
Yeild: Heavy losses from the budrot I left a large pile of moldy buds out there and still ended up with 8oz in the curing jars.
the Bud borers while inconvenient and gross didnt seem to have much impact on the plant other than the bulbous knob they make when growing.

The Sleeskunk while spending most of its life a spindly stretchy plant fattened up so much its couldnt hold its branches up... These are good genetics Most of the bugs steer clear on thier own accord, and mold is not an issue for her.
She also didnt mind the cold as much.
I still chopped this plant about a week early due to an uncertain schedule and fading foliage cover.
This plant just stunk like you wouldnt beleive and not in a good way. I cant describe the smell really it was just bad and while trying to test a greenish sample I found the taste was about as foul.
I can only say it was like smelly shoes and the smell of a really sweaty fat man. After 3 weeks cure though it is smelling like something related to weed and the taste is much better.
The effects while not as stoney as the SD its very uplifting like a haze without that debilitating amnesia or the "haze" I get over my mind when I smoke it.
Great daily smoker or wake N bake.
Yield: 10oz
I was quite surprised by this one it really fattened and frosted up in the last couple weeks This is were I really miss not having the pictures of the harvest.

I think both of them need more time to cure Ill try to get curing pics up although by now the SD pile has gotten much smaller... weve smokes a couple ounces and have given away about 2oz of the SD.

Im pretty impressed with the SleeSkunk Ill have to grow that one again. The SD is definitely a keeper too but for a more controlled atmosphere cant imagine the weight had it not gotten moldy but I cant complain at all.

Ive also started my next indoor grow. Ill have to set up another journal soon seed just cracked and went in its mini hempy home.

Gosh, sounds like you had some bad situation develop. Sucks but sounds like you made the best of it and got some good herb in the process. Very nice job... Enjoy...

Hey Stealthy, I'll be looking for your new journal man. That's great that you got to grow a "ton" of buds, that's always good. The sacrifice your SD gave back to Mother earth was well worth it's fruity bounty. The Sleeskunk sounds interesting...

Sorry, can't rep you right now..but it's the thought that counts.

Gosh, sounds like you had some bad situation develop. Sucks but sounds like you made the best of it and got some good herb in the process. Very nice job... Enjoy...

Eh its just life I guess you win some... Others not so much.
Im just happy to be here, I really cant complain about life or the yeild. while I have allot of stuff going on and Ive lost another family member...
I try to just deal with the now if I get too involved with whats going on Ill only get farther behind and likely have a breakdown lol. :loopy:
For the most part Im healthy, happy and have over an LB of nice bud.
The Sour Diesel was a bagseed and the sleeskunk seeds were won from an attitude(seedbank) contest so they were both free too. :yahoo:

Thanks for dropping in Sonzor :thanks:

Hey Stealthy, I'll be looking for your new journal man. That's great that you got to grow a "ton" of buds, that's always good. The sacrifice your SD gave back to Mother earth was well worth it's fruity bounty. The Sleeskunk sounds interesting...

Sorry, can't rep you right now..but it's the thought that counts.

Yah Im still holding out final judgment of the sleeskunk until its done curing and after I take a little break(couple weeks) from smoking and try it again(to test its strength) :rollit:
Right now my tolerance is so high, its hard to have all this good bud around and not smoke it especially with all this stress lately Ive needed it for my stomach(ulcers acting up)
I have heard from my cousin and his wife who've sampled both of them and they say its really potent stuff. :bong:

Ill be sure to send you a PM when I get my next one up gotta figure out a name for it hmmm.... what are the others who're growing this strain like OMM calling it...ill have to go check. :reading420magazine:

Glad mother earth is not a total pothead she only wanted a few oz fer her head stash. :ganjamon:

Thanks for sticking through this journal and the previous its been a crazy learning experience. :thanks:

Ok back to work here got to get this application finished... maybe after another bowl :)

Eh its just life I guess you win some... Others not so much.
I'm just happy to be here, I really cant complain about life or the yeild. while I have allot of stuff going on and Ive lost another family member...
I try to just deal with the now if I get too involved with whats going on Ill only get farther behind and likely have a breakdown lol. :loopy:
For the most part Im healthy, happy and have over an LB of nice bud.
The Sour Diesel was a bagseed and the sleeskunk seeds were won from an attitude(seedbank) contest so they were both free too. :yahoo:

Thanks for dropping in Sonzor :thanks:

Free is always better! :bravo:
Yah Im still holding out final judgment of the sleeskunk until its done curing and after I take a little break(couple weeks) from smoking and try it again(to test its strength) :rollit:
Right now my tolerance is so high, its hard to have all this good bud around and not smoke it especially with all this stress lately Ive needed it for my stomach(ulcers acting up)
I have heard from my cousin and his wife who've sampled both of them and they say its really potent stuff. :bong:

Ill be sure to send you a PM when I get my next one up gotta figure out a name for it hmmm.... what are the others who're growing this strain like OMM calling it...ill have to go check. :reading420magazine:

Glad mother earth is not a total pothead she only wanted a few oz fer her head stash. :ganjamon:

Thanks for sticking through this journal and the previous its been a crazy learning experience. :thanks:

Ok back to work here got to get this application finished... maybe after another bowl :)

Yeah, PM me when you start it... Hempy style!

No slacking... got a get that boy all those fancy toys that they just throw around the living room so you can step on them in the dead of the night (SOB that hurts) you know.

Yeah, PM me when you start it... Hempy style!

No slacking... got a get that boy all those fancy toys that they just throw around the living room so you can step on them in the dead of the night (SOB that hurts) you know.

Lol Thing I wonder is if my kid will have toys or if my dogs will eat them all lol.
as it is they havnt invented a dog toy that my dogs cant destroy in about an hour...

Hopefully my kid will like tennis balls.... :)

Thanks for sharing your grow with us, sorry for your loss!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom