NuttyProfessor And His Herd Of Indigenous Microorganisms

This is where the creeper started :laugh:
  • Mar 2, 2021 <<<< click here 2 x 3 gallon pots joined to make one :nerd-with-glasses: nice surprise :Rasta:
    P1160708.JPG
    P1160712.JPG
    P1160714.JPG

And the white widow started here , took ages to find start dates lol but wanted to add to here so white widow is 2 weeks behind , im so hAPPY !!:yahoo: i have time to build her out
That also means she was born the day i started this journal :ganjamon:

Good morning mate.
How are you? Stunger beat me to it. They look awesome and healthy. I'm absolutely gob smacked at how fast they've grown. You are a plant wizzard mate. Mixing your own potions and making bottled magic.
Bloody marvelous work nutty.:thumb:
Oh! That room must smell amazing. Describe the smell for me :)

Good morning mate.
How are you? Stunger beat me to it. They look awesome and healthy. I'm absolutely gob smacked at how fast they've grown. You are a plant wizzard mate. Mixing your own potions and making bottled magic.
Bloody marvelous work nutty.:thumb:
Oh! That room must smell amazing. Describe the smell for me :)
Its smells beautiful fruity and skunky until i open my ferment co2 barrel :laugh: . i will move the barrels out in about a weeks time , i have my ferments in my grow room so i make the same microbes at the same temp of my grow space , with the weather getting better here its almost time to get them out to feck !! it only smells for about 5 minutes bad then the exhaust takes it out and its smells gorge again ,:thumb:

hope your good mate

I'm great thanks. I forgot about the stinky barrels :laugh: but I can imagine the skunky smell. So then. Is this going to be future of nuttys grows? Will you always be making your own fertilizer? It seems like a time consuming job.
But the results speak for themselves. It's working better than shop bought nutes from what I can see. Have you had any leaf signs at all that show the plants aren't happy with there food? Or has it been a perfect grow?

some info for blitzed crab shell , the crab shell dust

Crab shell is not a fungicide or nematocide. It's a great fertilizer with calcium and some extra benefits not found in other fertilizer products.

Crab shell is high in chitin, which promotes the growth of chitin eating bacteria. The exoskeletons of fungus and harmful varieties of nematodes eggs are high in chitin. When added to the soil, crab shell helps to create a hostile environment for the fungus and root destroying nematodes by feeding the biological life that eats chitin and chitin based organisms.

The chitin in the crabshell stimulates soil organisms to secrete enzymes called chitinases. These enzymes degrade chitin, which is a component of flea egg shells. The presence of chitin in the fertilizer makes it a natural biopesticide that is non-toxic to birds, animals, fish, and plants.

Fertilizing your garden with the use of crab meal can be done on its own or combined with the use of other fertilizers. When combined, the manufacturer usually has their own directions for use. The same it true of crab meal fertilizer by itself. These instructions are unique to the composition of the fertilizer and for the desired application.

For specific vegetable and applications the use for the crab meal will be different. For instance, vegetables should have 5 lbs for each 50 foot row. Other uses include:

mix with compost or till around ground
When sowing the plant you should till the fertilizer into the soil before planting. If the plant is already in the soil, then tilling around the plant or simply spreading it around the base will be sufficient for a successful growing season. This is not a water soluble fertilizer. It must be applied by itself.

Mulching your garden bed has some great benefits. Mulch will hold moisture and keep weeds from starting around the plant. However, it is also useful for helping the crab meal better keep the plant fertilized. Spread the crab meal into the mulch and the time release qualities of it will continually feed the plant. You can also add some crab meal to your compost bin for an added boost in nutrition.

Crab meal makes for a tremendously beneficial organic fertilizer. Its time release quality will not over fertilize your plant, but will give it the nitrogen and protein it needs for beautiful, vibrant, and healthy produce. Use it on your trees, vegetables, or flowers for great results

Nematodes​

Nematodes are microscopic worms that live in soil. Some kinds feed on bacteria and algae and are harmless to plants. Other kinds, known as plant parasitic nematodes, feed on plant roots, damaging the root system and causing stunted growth, yellowing and death of plants. Nematodes feed on plant roots by piercing the roots' cells with a needlelike structure called a stylet and then sucking out the roots' juices. As they move from plant to plant, they may transfer diseases they picked up from previous feeding sites.

Chitin's Effect​

Chitin was discovered in the cell walls of mushrooms in the early 1800s. Later, it was identified in insects and named "chitin." Chitin is composed of chains of sugar molecules. Dwelling alongside nematodes in soil are bacteria and fungi that feed on chitin. They produce an enzyme called chitinase that breaks down chitin into a compound they can digest easily. The release of this enzyme near nematode eggs, which contain chitin, causes them to hatch prematurely, and high enough levels of the enzyme damage the protective exoskeleton of adult nematodes. Incorporating chitin into soil helps to increase the number of chitin-attracted organisms.

Chitin Application​

One application of chitin should be effective for two successive growing cycles. Apply it in early spring as soon as the soil can be worked, combining it thoroughly with the soil or other growing media. Consult the chitin product's label to determine how much of the compound to apply. A waiting period of at least two weeks after applying chitin is necessary before planting. The initial breakdown of chitin produces ammonia, a compound that can damage plant roots.

Other Benefits of Chitin​

In addition to acting as a biological control agent, chitin is also an organic fertilizer. It is a rich source of nitrogen and phosphate and is particularly high in calcium and magnesium. Additional calcium helps to prevent blossom end rot of tomatoes and is beneficial to bulbs. Chitin also is used as a seed treatment, making seeds more resistant to fungal diseases, and it increases crop yields as much as 50 percent in some cases.

:thumb:

I'm great thanks. I forgot about the stinky barrels :laugh: but I can imagine the skunky smell. So then. Is this going to be future of nuttys grows? Will you always be making your own fertilizer? It seems like a time consuming job.
But the results speak for themselves. It's working better than shop bought nutes from what I can see. Have you had any leaf signs at all that show the plants aren't happy with there food? Or has it been a perfect grow?
it was plain sailing though i think i should have feed a bit more on the white widow , its not easy to judge what your putting in . i am adding more to the younger plants to see what they can handle , this will give me a rough idea then

I never thought of it that way. There isn't a feeding chart on the side of your bottles. So even that is a difficult job.
Well, I'm super impressed mate.
I will be nominating this journal for an award.. it is one of the most informative write ups about at the minute and there is some awesome journals going on. You Should be proud of yourself mate. You've successfully achieved what you set out to do..
Have a great day mate. Speak soon

I never thought of it that way. There isn't a feeding chart on the side of your bottles. So even that is a difficult job.
Well, I'm super impressed mate.
I will be nominating this journal for an award.. it is one of the most informative write ups about at the minute and there is some awesome journals going on. You Should be proud of yourself mate. You've successfully achieved what you set out to do..
Have a great day mate. Speak soon
Thank you very much .thats a great comment . was away walking my dog and got caught in a heavy downpour , weather is shocking in uk again

Overall Soil Benefits of Crab Meal​

One of the best advantages of crab meal is the fact that it does not harm the pH level of your soil. Artificial fertilizers with comparable quantities of nitrogen and phosphorus will often endanger your overall growing strategy by making your soil too alkaline or too acidic.

Benefits for Indoor Plants​

• Crab meal contains a set of vital nutrients comparable to those in the best fertilizers, including a whole array of trace minerals.
  • It naturally releases nutrients slowly, which is better for plants and growing media.
  • Only a little bit of crab meal needs to be used to obtain its benefits in limited space.
  • The high protein content provides foundational building blocks for terpenes and cannabinoids.
Benefits for Outdoor Gardens
  • Crab meal is 100% ecologically friendly and will not damage the outdoor environment.
  • The natural reactions caused by its chitin have a protective effect against nematodes.
  • It defends against fungus development like botrytis and also prevents blossom end rot
Not surprisingly, crab meal is enhanced by the environment in which the crab lives and grows. It is extremely high in chitin, the natural “plating” that forms the crab exoskeleton. Chitin is a proven deterrent to fungus gnats. More importantly the enzymes that breakdown chitin (i.e., chitinases) are produced by the cannabis plant as a defense mechanism stimulating the plants immune system. The result is often increased terpene or cannabinoid synthesis.

Morning Professor. Man, that was a lot of info at 5am, I think my head has swollen. lol Big Cheese, I think not, Little Cheese as she looks lost in that bloody big container. Bet it doesn't take long for that to change .Amazing garden, one morning soon I will wake to find it gone, almost there.:woohoo: That reveged Blue Berry is one plant. Stuck her back under the lights and haven't touched her since. I let her grow wild to see what she would do. Original take was 60 grams from her, growing along with three others. Growing alone she will far out do that. She is turning fast, I will check trics. again this week end. Looking for a good couch lock so will let her go at least 25% amber. You and everyone else have yourself a great day. Me I am off to install an aluminum hand rail in cabin country, A beautiful lake with a not so beautiful name, Mushamush. ha

Morning Professor. Man, that was a lot of info at 5am, I think my head has swollen. lol Big Cheese, I think not, Little Cheese as she looks lost in that bloody big container. Bet it doesn't take long for that to change .Amazing garden, one morning soon I will wake to find it gone, almost there.:woohoo: That reveged Blue Berry is one plant. Stuck her back under the lights and haven't touched her since. I let her grow wild to see what she would do. Original take was 60 grams from her, growing along with three others. Growing alone she will far out do that. She is turning fast, I will check trics. again this week end. Looking for a good couch lock so will let her go at least 25% amber. You and everyone else have yourself a great day. Me I am off to install an aluminum hand rail in cabin country, A beautiful lake with a not so beautiful name, Mushamush. ha
Yummy i like the blue berry , i chase the couch lock also , try night queen and let her run over a couple of weeks :)
I had some of my white widow from the last run last night and the side of my face went numb , i thought i was taking a stoke hahahaaaaa but it was great ,
I was getting pains in my pelvis , feels like its snapping in two so i grabbed the white widow,

, i get it every now and then and need a stronger hit and night queen helps you sleep ,

so i added more crab , best start and a better finish :) always have plenty of crab shell around , the ultimate plant i added loads to the soil , its a crabby soil , really crabby one kilo at the bottom , i wanted to see if it burns but she is loving it so i feel safe to add plenty to the tops , i took a couple of lights out pics to show the frost :cheesygrinsmiley:
My plan for the coco plant is to add kelp and some potassium sulfate lower the ph to 5.6 to bring out more frost, iron and manganese play a big part in the medicinal side, i found this out after looking into some science :nerd-with-glasses:

P1160747.JPG
P1160750.JPG
P1160754.JPG
P1160760.JPG

Frost juice for the creeper in coco

P1160762.JPG
P1160763.JPG
P1160765.JPG
P1160766.JPG
P1160768.JPG

i will let bubble for a few hours then ph to 5.5/5.6

P1160769.JPG

done my soil , got gelato no glue :( , added a ton of crab and some extra dark peat

using the good old fashion plastic pot , this will have a large bowl when i water it will be from the bottom , the bowl will have an air pump and will be about 5 inch deep, the larger fabric has an air pot bottom it will be bottom watered also , both will be fed and watered slightly from the top also because of the size and to keep top roots healthy ,
i wanted to try take close up of the thrichomes so i can see what they will be like after a few days on the nutty soup , see if they frost more or not :ganjamon: the buds are hard an a stale french stick lol:cheesygrinsmiley:

P1160776 - Copy.JPG

P1160778 - Copy.JPG

P1160779 - Copy.JPG

P1160780 - Copy.JPG

P1160782 - Copy.JPG

P1160783 - Copy.JPG

P1160784 - Copy.JPG

P1160785 - Copy.JPG

P1160786 - Copy.JPG

P1160790 - Copy.JPG

Back
Top Bottom