Old Fart's Grow

To me that just looks like a small bud site. When the plant goes to flower you may end up with a small nug there. I didn't realize there was more to read. The ladies look great, nice thick stalks, multiple tops, did you read up on the manifold method or just top until you were happy?

Hi old fart(s) if you all don't mind a youngster following along, I think I can answer some of your questions.

Pot plants will grow anywhere and auto flowering plants will start their flowering phase at a specific time in their life cycle, regardless of lighting....with that said, you won't get good pot. Everyone wants to compare outside growing with inside but you can't do that because you have to create a fake natural environment inside to trigger the different stages of growth. Outside plants have all kinds of natural triggers like length of the day, night time temperature, humidity and weather.

To me that just looks like a small bud site. When the plant goes to flower you may end up with a small nug there. I didn't realize there was more to read. The ladies look great, nice thick stalks, multiple tops, did you read up on the manifold method or just top until you were happy?
Hi. I just topped once and then tried to tie them down to keep everything at the same level. Worked not too bad, but can't do much with them now

Being another old fart, I kinda just stumbled in here. Now I've fallen and I can't get up.
:goodjob:
How are you liking the LED?
I like to think you can never have too many old farts. The led seems to be working well but as this is my first grow I don't have much to compare it to.

With indoor plants, you trigger the flowering period by switching your light schedule to 12/12 or some other variation (as long as they get a least 12 hours of pure darkness). From seed, you should wait until your plants are at least 4 weeks old but the larger the plant is when you put it into the flower stage the bigger your yield will be. Of course, your grow space will dictate how big you can let them get and they will stretch and possibly grow some more after you change the light schedule. I have found the older the plant is (not the larger) the faster it starts flowering after the light switch. You mentioned you started a dark period and the growth you are seeing are flowers! Your plants look beautiful and they are ready to be in full flower so let them go. But you must give them at least 12 hours of darkness each day/night with absolutely no light leaks.:Namaste:

IMG_044538.JPG
IMG_044449.JPG

Day 35 and they are growing approx 1/2 day. Bottom leaves are turning yellow, not sure if that is ok or not. I have a ph meter coming in a couple of days and I am going to get some calmag as I figure it probably can't hurt. They really grow much faster than I thought.

How often are you watering them? Looks like they are a little too wet?

I only water them every 4 or 5 days. The pics are not good, next time I will attempt to get better ones

How are you deciding when to water? I lift my pots and when they feel light, I water/feed until I get about 10-20% drainage. I keep my pots off the bottom of the saucer by using wire racks. This allows the soil to air out at the bottom as well.

IMG_201420.JPG

In the pic I had just watered them. I usually water them when the leaves droop a little and the humidity in the tent starts to drop off, about 2 litres gives me a fair bit of runoff. I like your wire racks, I am going to look around and do something similar. Fabric pots are on the list for the next grow.

In the pic I had just watered them. I usually water them when the leaves droop a little and the humidity in the tent starts to drop off, about 2 litres gives me a fair bit of runoff. I like your wire racks, I am going to look around and do something similar. Fabric pots are on the list for the next grow.

The racks I re-purposed from the dollar store. Dollar stores are full of items that haven't discovered their real purposes yet. :hmmmm:

IMG_041946.JPG
IMG_042452.JPG
IMG_042149.JPG
IMG_042046.JPG

Day 49 The buds are starting to fill out and they have a great smell. One plant is much more compact than the other but the buds are bigger. I probably stunted them a bit by not ph'ing my water, local source is up around 7.5 but that is resolved now and all considered I am pleased. Learning on my first grow and at least should eventually end up with something for my efforts besides experience.

IMG_042046.JPG

Day 49 The buds are starting to fill out and they have a great smell. One plant is much more compact than the other but the buds are bigger. I probably stunted them a bit by not ph'ing my water, local source is up around 7.5 but that is resolved now and all considered I am pleased. Learning on my first grow and at least should eventually end up with something for my efforts besides experience.

Your girls look great! The feeling of satisfaction you get from your first successful grow is indescribable. :party:

You get your ppm meter & your ph meter yet ?

I have a ph meter, no ppm meter yet, that's next on the agenda. I also am going to get some ( fabric ) dirt pots and maybe a bit of coco to mix in for my next grow. I also added a few pieces of aluminum under the pots to help dry the soil a bit, help with drainage.

Back
Top Bottom