Outdoor Organic Balcony Stealth Quadlining: White Widow/Gorgonzola

The Quad girls are quite cumbersome to move around, but today I made a bit of space to take a less squashed pic of the White Widow (altho the GG auto is still behind her). She is the smaller of the 2 Quad girls, in the smaller pot (30L), her canopy is about 21 inches high from the pot's rim, and currently somewhere in the middle of week 8 of flowering. So far so good, I am curious to see how much growth is still to come for the buds. I have sampled her lower popcorn flowers and they give a very nice vape, with another 3 or 4 weeks they should be pretty pleasantly good.

Here is the pic I took of her today. :hookah:

3-WWG; White Widow XTRM/Gorgonzola cross

It has been a nice sunny day today with some showers forecast in the days ahead. That rain is coming is hard to believe because there has been so few days when any rain has fallen these past few months. Which is great for gardening our hand tended 'special' plants, especially when no one wants days of rain followed by bud rot! :morenutes:

In this posting I am focusing on 3-WWG. I have taken a pic of her progress today as well as a couple of pics of her bud closeups. As far as trichome development goes, I would say the Gorilla Glue auto is more frosty with trichomes. Altho in my experience, greater frostiness that doesn't necessarily equate to the best bud to smoke/vape. 3-WWG still has a way to go, she's getting some browning of pistils but still a lot of white, and her trichomes are mostly clear/cloudy.

I would probably get a far better picture if I could hang off the balcony rails with the light behind me, but that would kind of blow my stealth cover for any neighbors gawping in my direction. I reckon based on my grow last season, that the coming 2 weeks should bring further bulking up of the buds, so I am keeping my fingers crossed there.

Some pics from today of 3-WWG :slide::hookah::slide:

Yep, that's one plant, in a 50 liter pot. The balcony rail planters are 60cm in length for comparison. When I last measured her canopy, it was close to 4.5 feet across. You can see a tiny sliver of a cola of the Gorilla Glue that is in the upper right hand edge of the picture, but otherwise that is all one plant. So you can see how it makes it tricky get around them as they really take up the balcony space. Just a few more weeks to go :drool:

an update on 1-GGa, Gorilla Glue Auto - day 79

She is noticeably bulking out in the recent days. It has turned a bit showery and today we had a little bit of heavy rain that caused the longest cola/branch to sag over which I tied up to support it. I noticed 1 small caterpillar that I removed. I was going to do another BT spray at next opportunity anyway. If there is a clear patch of sunshine in the next hour I will take some updated trichome pictures and add them to this post. As I am a first time auto grower, I am interested to see what if any changes are occurring to the auto's trichomes. The last pics I took last time showed them already developing an attractive level of frostiness. :hookah:

Closeup pic of trichomes added. I just wish there had been a little bit more sunshine as you really need the light for the small detail. Anyway they seem much the same so far, clear/cloudy.

Looks like magic, mate. You have all the right taniwhas on your side, Koro, dialling in your grow room conditions :laugh:
That 3-WWG is a thing of beauty, man. Shed’s right about the picture. Phenomenal!

Looks like magic, mate. You have all the right taniwhas on your side, Koro, dialling in your grow room conditions :laugh:
That 3-WWG is a thing of beauty, man. Shed’s right about the picture. Phenomenal!
Thanks for your encouragement DD!
LMAO about "dialing in your grow room conditions". I have tried keep up with all you Mega Crop fella's and sweated over how to do it without the magic mix, and now I wonder how the hell would I get this into or out of a grow tent anyway, never mind her smaller sister who is still quite beamy for being a 21 inch shortarse. ;)

But just joking, the quad girls are way ahead of what I had thought and it wouldn't be that way without all the help and experience from all the great 420 posters on here. With the supercropping they were better than what I was hoping for stealth wise, mistakes still made (hopefully learnt from). I just need to keep them on track for these last few weeks of flowering. Plus, we've had a dream run of sunshine over the summer this year, that must have helped a lot.:surf:

We in NZ are going into lockdown from end of Wednesday, and I think not too soon either. The situation now is obviously very serious and potentially very disruptive so I don't want to be 'light' on it by posting, but I think we all will have this heavy on our minds and if like me, it is nice to step off that and read something unrelated like our common interests on 420 or whatever, then I think that is good thing for balance, but my heart goes out to those who are currently getting knocked around by this. I wish everyone to keep well and safe.

Not a lot has happened on the gardening front. Our amazing run of sunshine has for the past week or so been replaced with often cloud and showers. The plants all are well into developing buds. With all the lockdown looming and schools closed I am finding it difficult to find time to discretely and stealthy inspect the plants and take photos. That is a shame as the plants are now nearly 6.5 months old and towards the end of flowering, so after all of this waiting, watching and suspense at imagining them reaching this stage, I find myself not so free to get up close with them.:straightface:

The Quad girls are in their 9th week of flowering. The big girl 3-WWG, is now showing some yellowing of her leaves. I had given her a quarter cup of Blood and Bone nearly 2 weeks ago and I felt it picked her up. The current yellowing happening now seems not too bad for what is only probably another 2 or 3 weeks of flowering, altho I will probably wait for 3 weeks from here. Plus I continue to water them with diluted Worm Wee, (plus some days Molasses, Kelp Seasol, Fish Hydrolysate). Next season I plan to include more Nitrogen amendments, and some longer release ones if possible as @Emeraldo previously suggested. But for now I am guessing it's ok/expected for this late stage of flowering for the yellowing to be like it is, what do you guys think, would you bother to amend or just run with it as it is from here? @InTheShed , @DonkeyDick ?

This is the best I could do for photos today.:ganjamon:

Yellow? What yellow? :rofl: Your plants look:yahoo: beautiful!
You’ve probably got them brixy enough that you’ve staved off a dramatic senescence.

I had my doctor tell me to self isolate. Boy, did work get pissy about it. In two minds whether to go out and get paint this morning as it will be the last chance for the next month or more as the country shuts down.

Interesting times. Interesting garden, Stunger :)

Stunger your plants look great, now in 9th week of flowering, will it be another two weeks you think? Do you have any close ups of your trichs? You can pull that yellow leaf off, no problemo (I think I saw one in your photo, though DD says he didn't). Otherwise, you seem to have achieved your dream of growing plants that stay green all the way to harvest! Congratulations! Well done Stunger

We (in California) have been doing the social distancing thing as a precaution for at least a month now, officially in state-ordered lock-down for one week. I've been to the supermarket twice for essentials during that time, but basically just staying at home. Waiting for the infection rate to flatten off, which it does not seem to be doing yet, word today that NY and the US may become the new core of this pandemic.

It’s pretty scary that extra precautions aren’t stopping the virus. :nervous-guy:
I got vetoed on the paint purchase btw. Probably for the best. There’s already 10 reported cases in my town, which means there are a hundred more incubating already.
It’s going to get worse before it gets better.
Anyone running a book on how long we have before we go total mad max? I bags two weeks.

It’s pretty scary that extra precautions aren’t stopping the virus. :nervous-guy:
I got vetoed on the paint purchase btw. Probably for the best. There’s already 10 reported cases in my town, which means there are a hundred more incubating already.
It’s going to get worse before it gets better.
Anyone running a book on how long we have before we go total mad max? I bags two weeks.
It will get worse, those countries who copped it first show the rest of us how overwhelming it can become. Clearly it is a very infectious virus, so hopefully this lockdown will allow the infections to be flushed out within 'containment bubbles' so they can be quarantined and treated without further infecting others. Hopefully that can dramatically reduce the spread that otherwise occurs from freely intermingling with others, to lead to 'flattening the curve' where the resources of all the medical and front line workers can treat people senisbly and compassionately without being overwhelmed. If it doesn't work then it'll be a like some modern day repeat of 1918, I hope not Mad Max but the pics yesterday of people lining up waiting for gun shops to open was unsettling. If everyone can do their best to minimize contact with others that gives them/us the best chance to come thru it.

But be assured, logging into and hanging about on 420 is probably one of the safest things you can do! :thumb:

Stunger your plants look great, now in 9th week of flowering, will it be another two weeks you think? Do you have any close ups of your trichs? You can pull that yellow leaf off, no problemo (I think I saw one in your photo, though DD says he didn't). Otherwise, you seem to have achieved your dream of growing plants that stay green all the way to harvest! Congratulations! Well done Stunger

We (in California) have been doing the social distancing thing as a precaution for at least a month now, officially in state-ordered lock-down for one week. I've been to the supermarket twice for essentials during that time, but basically just staying at home. Waiting for the infection rate to flatten off, which it does not seem to be doing yet, word today that NY and the US may become the new core of this pandemic.
I was am hoping to run them towards 20% - 30% amber, and think somewhere around mid April will do that unless something changes. I am hoping to get another chance to sneek out for some trich pics today if it's sunny! Containment dramatically reduces my freedom to be with the plants!

Hopefully we can all keep well and safe.

I'd say if you're looking at mid-April then I'd make sure they don't lose the fans early, or fall sunlight won't have anything to fall on!
My plan was to continue watering with the worm wee mix, the Fish Hydrolysate has a certain modest Nitrogen contribution along with other things, and the 'Seasol' Kelp extract must also give a little help. These plants are certainly far more healthy in appearance compared to my previous grows where I failed to feed/fertigate/top dress sufficiently and at the same point those plants were, I believe now, stunted from lack of nutrition and whose fans were pale yellow at this same point in time. If I could go back a month or so I would have increased the top dressed amount of Blood n Bone and Fish Meal that I gave them last time.

At this point I feel/guess they will have enough to last the distance. The alternative is that I give them a Blood n Bone top dress now. I didn't want to 'upset' their flowering stage with giving them a surge of Nitrogen but I don't know if that claim is true or not, if it's not true and there was no chance of the plant's flowering being upset with a wee surge of Nitrogen from the dried blood then I might as well top dress with a quarter of a cup right now, right? The buds have filled up quite a bit, if there is no negative to adding quarter cup of Blood n Bone then why not?

Shed, are you saying just keep an eye of them for any over rapid yellowing and amend if they deteriorate? Or, do you think from what you can see now, that it suggests not waiting and to top dress immediately? My guess is 3 more weeks but if the trichomes are showing they're ready before, then of course they'll get the chop before then.

Back
Top Bottom